Cersei and Jamie are Targaryens

areusch

• 5 weeks later...

People hating secret targ theories annoy me. This theory has a good chance to turn out to be true. Maybe Tywin knew his seed was weak. Tyrion is his only trueborn child. Tywin could arrange the murder of Jaime and Cersei while they were young. However, bastards of Aerys grow beautiful and healthy. So he planned to continue his family through their lines. After all Joanna was a Lannister and carried the Lannister blood just like him.

People hating secret targ theories annoy me. This theory has a good chance to turn out to be true. Maybe Tywin knew his seed was weak. Tyrion is his only trueborn child. Tywin could arrange the murder of Jaime and Cersei while they were young. However, bastards of Aerys grow beautiful and healthy. So he planned to continue his family through their lines. After all Joanna was a Lannister and carried the Lannister blood just like him.

This.

I ger frustrated when people say 'it's poor writing for GRRM to do this,' or 'it'd ruin the books.' Not only would this bring amazing depth to the books, but given the evidence, it's quite likely. Even if it's not a preference....

As I have said before there are a lot of secret and not so secret Targs

1. The feeble witted daughter and her kids if any Lollys Stokeworth any one????)

2. The son of Aerion the mad and his descendents (Darkstar?????)

3. The third son of Egg ???? and his kids (Hodor????) or perhaps Daynes

4. Jenny of Oldstones kids assuming she married Duncan the Small

5. Descendents of Aegon the unworthy's many bastards

6. Descendents of Elaena's 7 kids

8. Blackfyres of any kind

9. Starks who I suspect ALL have some Targ blood albeit many generations back

and now the popular ones

10. Jon son of Rhaegar?????

11. Aegon (young Griff)

12. Tyrion ( do not believe this one)

13. Cersai (seems to fit)

14. Jaime (he was accused of being a kinslayer so possible). Perhaps he will ride a dragon

Just to add

Those we KNOW have some Targ blood

The Plumms

The Baratheons -Stannis and Shireen but also Maya, Gendry and Edrik and any others that Cersai did not kill

Many of thr Dornish of House Martell so this will include all the Sand Snakes, Tristan and Arrianne.

Long waters eg Rennifer

So there are many, many , many Targs to choose from.

What about bastard kids of the great bastards - kids of Blood raven or Bittersteel

14. Jaime (he was accused of being a kinslayer so possible). Perhaps he will ride a dragon

Jaime was called kingslayer and not kinslayer.

To the OP: I find the whole Aerys\Joanna thing to be ridiculous. Firstly, if Tywin was aware of this I find it hard to believe he would not retaliate as he is not one to suffer slights to the honour of House Lannister (remember the Tarbecks and Reynes). Secondly, if Tywin was not aware then I dont believe Joanna would have taken the risk in case the children were born with Targaryen looks. There is something called moon tea. Finally, there is a possibility that the Lannisters have Targaryen ancestry like the Baratheons or Martells. Egg had two sisters and either one of them could have married into House Lannister.

The only Lannister/Targ theory that I ever cared for at all was that the twins were Targs and Jaime would be the third head (Dany and J being the others)

I think Tyrion's the essence of a self made man, a font of will and cunning and him being a child of prophecy or amongst some promised trinity would diminish so much from what is best about his character.

Jamie, on the other hand, I adore the idea that he will be redeemed before Westeros and given a chance to shine as a great and glorious hero and the idea of him astride a dragon (if that's actually something being a head of the dragon implies) is a nice one... but I'd just as well see the broken knight captain an every growing army of wayward and displaced Westerosiwarriors as the leader of the Brotherhood without Banners.

To the OP: I find the whole Aerys\Joanna thing to be ridiculous. Firstly, if Tywin was aware of this I find it hard to believe he would not retaliate as he is not one to suffer slights to the honour of House Lannister (remember the Tarbecks and Reynes).

Tywin sacked KL and almost put an end to House Targaryen. This is Tywin's retaliation, is it not?

Agreed. I don't understand how people say they hate 'secret Targs theories'. I think even Jon is a 'secret Targ' theory. There may be many more secret Targs in these books.

As for Jaime and Cersei being secret Targs - I think some people don't want Cersei to be a Targ because they don't like Cersei. But they don't mind Tyrion being a Targ because they 'like Tyrion'.

There are lots of clues pointing to Jaime, Cersei being Aery's bastards.

I just can't see this being true. It's been noted many times that Jaime and Cersei have the quintessential Lannister look. Cersei even comments that Jaime looks like a younger version of Tywin in ASOS.

Genna says that Jaime holds qualities of all of his uncles but he is Aery's son? how does that make any sense? the context of their conversation makes it clear what she is referring to. House Lannister needs a strong patriarch to be it's leader and protector, Tywin has always assumed that role, even as a boy. None of Tywin's brothers could hold a candle to Tywin then she lists off ways in which Jaime is like his uncles but lacks the strength/ruthlessness to be the patriarch that house lannister needs. Only Tyrion can fill that role since he and Tywin are so much alike.

As for Aerys taking liberties with Joanna at her wedding, that could mean absolutely anything, not just full blown rape where everyone can see. inappropriate touching would count and be just as bad. I got the feeling that it had to be something bad but rather quick(in the time it takes them to get from the wedding to the bed), like he was fingering her or something.

Tywin sacked KL and butchered the Targaryens. He may just take the royal family into custody but he gave specific orders to the Mountain and Amory Lorch. If the royal family was spared, Targaryens can still have the iron throne with Aegon being the king, Robert King Regent and Jon Arryn as the hand. They could have raise their king as they like. Because of the mess Tywin made, they had no choice but destroy the Targaryen rule completely.

The slight of Jaime beng named to the kingsguard was sufficient for Tywin to resign as Hand, his next action was at the end of the War so if his motive was retaliation it is logical to thin it was revenge for that slight. It makes a lot less sense that Joanna had an affair or was raped years earlier and Tywin continued to happily serve as Hand and take revenge 17 years later.

Cersei and Jaime may have Lannister ancestry somewhere along the line, but I doubt anyone but Tywin and his wife are their parents, or Tyrion's for that matter.

Their mother was a Lannister. Tywin married his cousin.

In fact, she was Tywin's first cousin. Her father and his were bothers.

What does "The dragon has three heads" mean?

I think that implies the existence of three Targaryen heirs left. One, obviously is Daenerys. Who could be the other two?

Jon seems to be a safe bet.

Aegon would be Targ #3, but as everybody believes he is fake, there's one spot left.

Obviously, it can't be Jaime and Cersei, as it would make four. So the best bet for a Lannister secret Targaryen would be Tyrion.

Archived