Supernatural

Lord of the Night

We had heard of her before, though. She was in an episode in the first or second season about body snatchers or something stealing little kids. Lisa was someone Dean had gotten sort of hot and heavy with in his younger days before moving on. The episode was humorous* because the kid was acting just like him and he was freaking out, thinking it was his.

And at the end of the 5th season he shows up to her house after he decided to say "yes" to Michael to tell her something like, "whenever I think of the life I could have had or wanted, it's always with you."

So it's not necessarily out of nowhere. I think the problem was that it was too contrived. Dean may have dreamt about a normal life with her and the kid, but it's just not him. At all. I don't see how he could have lasted an entire year without getting out there hunting every once in a while. That was the main part that didn't work for me. How can a guy who had been born and raised to be a hunter just decide to quit cold turkey and manage to ignore the fact that terrible things were still happening out there?

*eta- I don't know if you need to be invested in the show and the characters for the humor to work, but when they want to, this can be one of the funniest shows on television.

She also appeared in the episode where Sam and Dean are trying to fight a guy who kills people in their dreams, and Lisa was in Dean's.

I've noticed there's at least one pop culture reference included in every episode, usually by Dean.

Makes sense, though. Spending your life in motel rooms, not much else to do besides watch TV.

True though what's really funny about it is that they don't watch what you'd expect them too. I still find it surprising that Dean and Bobby watch Spanish telenovellas, and that Dean watches that show Dr Sexy M,D.

Holy FSM. As much as I fucking hate to admit it, and i really fucking do, but i have to agree with LoTN. I really like this season.

Hm surprising. But yeah you are right, this is a great season.

Edit: Also a clip for the next episode, "There Will Be Blood"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYV8vrCBEFM

Ohhh they are in trouble now. :)

LotN

What do you guys think about the last episode?

All I can say is Crowley. Damn I missed him! Also, they need to resolve ghost Bobby this season. I don't want to see a beloved character become a twisted spirit and I want closure for this character. If they are going to kill him. Let him be dead and move on.

I really dig the Alpha Vamp. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him. "See you next season." Heh. I'm upset that Edgar is gone because he was like the only Leviathan I really liked.

ARGH! DEAN!! CAS!!

Best cliffhanger yet!!!

A truly great episodes, here are the best moments in my view.

-Carry on my wayward son's return. Missed that song.

-Crowley's contract, even Dick doesn't have contracts that big.

-Bobby's death, this time its permanent... I think. Worse this time because we know he isn't coming back of his own will.

-Dean forgiving Cas, its been a long road but Cas has paid his dues or will soon and he deserves his friend's forgiveness.

-BABY! She's back in black and better than ever tearing through Sucrocorp, and with Meg at the wheel.

-The final showdown with Dick. Loved his face when he realised Cas could see him, and Dean and Cas working together to gank that mother.

-Dick's body? What the hell was happening there? Looked like he was about to explode, that was what I was banking on.

-Crowley! You bastard. Now he has Meg and Kevin, and is demolishing what other Leviathan order remains. And Sammy is all alone again, as Crowley saw fit to drive home. And what happened to Dean and Cas?

-What.... Purgatory?....... oh crap. I did think could this be when I saw the dark forest but it wasn't until Cas said it that the ball dropped.

-Dean... he's all alone in that horrible place with every monster ever. Best cliffhanger ever, and it means that many past monsters can return in cameos. Gordon, Alphas and Eve perhaps?

I cannot WAIT for Season 8 now. How will Sammy cope with being alone against an army of Leviathans, what will happen to poor Meg and Kevin now that Crowley has them, and what the hell are CrazyCas and Dean going to do now? The next season can't get here sooner.

LotN

I only caught the last 10 minutes of the episode, I'll have to go back and watch it online somewhere, but holy crap at that ending... I don't know what to think about that. That was a ridiculous way to end the year. In a good way I mean. It just left you thinking "... holy frak"

Oh, but I did see The Road So Far at the begining. I think it was the absolute best Carry On so far. (I really like the music on the show. So I pay attention to those things haha)

I'll post again after I see the whole episode.

Andrew don't bother, the only 10 minutes worth watching were the last ten minutes. The rest of the episode, as the rest of the season, was like watching paint dry. I never saw such a boring "Carry On" montage at the end of a season as this one, it completely reminds you of how stupid the whole season has been.

The good news is the ending of the season offers some potential for season 8. It depends on how they handle the stories they've set up. I mean the way the show has been run the season could start with Dean waking up back home and trying to figure out what Sam's been doing for the last few months.

Of course the season could be great, who knows at this point? I don't think there is much patience for a slow start, whatever happens, the writers better hit the ground running to help the viewers forget the Sera nightmare.

Andrew don't bother, the only 10 minutes worth watching were the last ten minutes. The rest of the episode, as the rest of the season, was like watching paint dry. I never saw such a boring "Carry On" montage at the end of a season as this one, it completely reminds you of how stupid the whole season has been.

Then once again. WHY. DID. YOU. WATCH. IT?

I don't think there is much patience for a slow start, whatever happens, the writers better hit the ground running to help the viewers forget the Sera nightmare.

I am absolutely SICK of hearing people bitch about Sera Gamble. So here are my standard rebuttals for this.

1. She was the head writer, not the only writer!

2. The season's storyline was worked out in a large meeting before filming even started, which every writer was involved in including Kripke who okayed the plot.

3. She wrote some of the best episodes of Seasons 1-5 and of 6-7 as well.

I for one will miss Sera, she wrote some of my favourite episodes such as Two Minutes to Midnight, Time is On My Side, Death's Door and Jus In Bello. She did a great job on seasons 6-7 and the show will miss her ability to write some of the most powerful episodes of the show.

LotN

I for one will miss Sera, she wrote some of my favourite episodes such as Two Minutes to Midnight, Time is On My Side, Death's Door and Jus In Bello. She did a great job on seasons 6-7 and the show will miss her ability to write some of the most powerful episodes of the show. LotN

Agreed. I'm particularly fond of Appointment in Samarra in season 6.

Then once again. WHY. DID. YOU. WATCH. IT?

At this point for two reasons;

1. Cause your reactions are hilarious.

2. Because I can't see into the future and wasn't SURE it would suck until the last 10 minutes. With a new writer on board for next season I think it's perfectly fine for me to watch and see the setup for next season as I hope my ex-favorite show returns to form. This is the first full episode I've actually watched since the December hiatus, and with the pieces I've seen, coupled with the entire episode of this Friday, it seems the show has only gotten worse under Sera's reign. Thank god she is fired, she ruined in two short seasons one of the best shows on the air, not that Kripke was doing so hot by season 5.

At this point for two reasons; 1. Cause your reactions are hilarious. 2. Because I can't see into the future and wasn't SURE it would suck until the last 10 minutes. With a new writer on board for next season I think it's perfectly fine for me to watch and see the setup for next season as I hope my ex-favorite show returns to form. This is the first full episode I've actually watched since the December hiatus, and with the pieces I've seen, coupled with the entire episode of this Friday, it seems the show has only gotten worse under Sera's reign. Thank god she is fired, she ruined in two short seasons one of the best shows on the air, not that Kripke was doing so hot by season 5.

I fail to see how merely defending my favourite show is hilarious, and thoroughly baffled as to why someone would watch a show they dislike.

She was not fired. She has left the show to work on other projects, which i'm sure she'll do great in. And neither she nor Kripke has ruined Supernatural, its better than ever. And if you have not watched the episodes since the December hiatus you've missed some of the best episodes of the season and of the entire show like Plucky Pennywhistle's Magic Menagerie, The Born-Again Identity and Time After Time. I'm sure Jeremy Carver will do a great job, but I think Sera did a great job as well and the show will definitely miss her.

LotN

Enjoyed the episode, but it fell flat for me overall.

Dick. His death was so anticlimactic for me. All of the shit he's pulled and it kind of ends in a whimper.

Bobby. I don't see that as a proper goodbye for Jim Beaver, if it was indeed the end of Bobby Singer. Cas sitting on the stairs looking on led me to believe it's not over for Bobby.

Crowley's betrayal was expected but still fun. I can't quibble when it comes to the guy. He's too awesome. I'm also a big fan of Meg.

One of my hopes is that we'll see Kevin Tran next season.

Overall, it didn't feel like a season finale. It felt like a mid-season finale. I don't know. Just something that didn't jive with this finale compared to others in the past. We'll see. Still love the boys' one-liners and humor. I hope the Winchester separation doesn't drag on for half the season next year. They're much better as a team and splitting them apart only seems to frustrate audiences.

I have to wonder, though, how many baddies are waiting in Purgatory that Dean and Sam offed? That's where they go when they die, right? Lots of familiar faces? Hmmm. Could be interesting.

Damn. What a way to end the season! I'll admit that I was not overjoyed with the direction of this season and a lot of the episodes, but that was a great cliffhanger! Next season looks to be very promising. I always felt the potential of Purgatory was wasted in season 6, so I;m glad they are bringing it back. It looked genuinely creepy and Sam is all by himself to fix this mess up.

One question though? This kid was a prophet, so why did no archangels come through to protect him from Crowley? Didn't that happen in season 5 when Chuck merely being in the same room as Lilith cause an archangel to show up? I thought they said prophets are protected by archangels? This did bother me, a slight inconsistency.

Anyway, next season looks like its going to be good and yes I am glad somebody else is going to take over the show.

What a terrible fucking episode. Their lame use of Carry On at the beginning had me disappointed from the get-go. It was a stark reminder of how good the show used to be, and how bad it is now.

Every single time we were supposed to have an emotional moment I wanted to cringe. Bobby's final end, the stealing of Kevin, the forgiving of Cas. And the return of Impala was embarassingly bad. Why in the world did they even include that, except as a failed attempt to get an emotional reaction from the fans? There certainly wasn't any reason in the plot.

There was essentially nothing exciting, scary, or moving in the entire episode. The ending was stupid. It felt like the ending of an episode. It fell so flat that I didn't even know it was the finale until I realized there wasn't a 'Next week on Supernatural.'

A terrible ending to a terrible season.

And LotN, if you bitch that I posted this, I am officially putting you on Ignore.

One question though? This kid was a prophet, so why did no archangels come through to protect him from Crowley? Didn't that happen in season 5 when Chuck merely being in the same room as Lilith cause an archangel to show up?

I think, if I remember correctly, that Cas said that all the angels at the "garrison" were gone. They had all disappeared. Someone else want to confirm that? It's not like the angels ever step up when they're needed (except for Cas) anyway.

Also, what happened to the guy who wrote the books who was considered the prophet? Or, something?

I think, if I remember correctly, that Cas said that all the angels at the "garrison" were gone. They had all disappeared. Someone else want to confirm that? It's not like the angels ever step up when they're needed (except for Cas) anyway.

Also, what happened to the guy who wrote the books who was considered the prophet? Or, something?

I remember that, but what does the "garrison" consists of? Surely it can't be that all the angels got up and left, if so, then that's pretty shitty on their part. I just thought they made is seem like prophets are a top priority for them to interfere and the King of Hell seizing him should be enough for them to want to step in and stop him.

As for Chuck, I'd like to know what his poofing into thin air meant. I refuse to believe he was God(which some people do believe). We never heard from him again.

Damn. What a way to end the season! I'll admit that I was not overjoyed with the direction of this season and a lot of the episodes, but that was a great cliffhanger! Next season looks to be very promising. I always felt the potential of Purgatory was wasted in season 6, so I;m glad they are bringing it back. It looked genuinely creepy and Sam is all by himself to fix this mess up. One question though? This kid was a prophet, so why did no archangels come through to protect him from Crowley? Didn't that happen in season 5 when Chuck merely being in the same room as Lilith cause an archangel to show up? I thought they said prophets are protected by archangels? This did bother me, a slight inconsistency. Anyway, next season looks like its going to be good and yes I am glad somebody else is going to take over the show.

Or where were they when the leviathans killed his two regular angel body guards? The shows seems to have forgotten its "rules".

Dang, I don't remember him vanishing. I need to find that episode and watch it again. I've heard the God theory and while that might be kind of interesting, I'm just not buying it.

I take it Kevin Tran is the new prophet then? Hmmm.

As for the garrison, I haven't a clue. I want to say these were angels who were on Cas's "team" in heaven during the war between angels. I'm really not sure. We only get angels when they're bad guys it seems. That's part of the Supernatural mythology that I feel is lacking a bit. All smoke and mirrors.

Damn. What a way to end the season! I'll admit that I was not overjoyed with the direction of this season and a lot of the episodes, but that was a great cliffhanger! Next season looks to be very promising. I always felt the potential of Purgatory was wasted in season 6, so I;m glad they are bringing it back. It looked genuinely creepy and Sam is all by himself to fix this mess up. One question though? This kid was a prophet, so why did no archangels come through to protect him from Crowley? Didn't that happen in season 5 when Chuck merely being in the same room as Lilith cause an archangel to show up? I thought they said prophets are protected by archangels? This did bother me, a slight inconsistency. Anyway, next season looks like its going to be good and yes I am glad somebody else is going to take over the show.

The Archangels are all dead. Its implied that the Archangel that came to save Chuck was Raphael, and with him and Gabriel dead, and Michael and Lucifer rotting in the cage no other Archangels exist. So the task of defending prophets would naturally fall to the normal Angels down the ranks. Unless Chuck decides to make some more Archangels that is, which I doubt.

I just realised, Purgatory is where the Jefferson Starships ended up... :o

Hey your right! I'd forgotten about them, cool. Perhaps Dean will say that line again, its hilarious that he can do it with a straight-face.

What a terrible fucking episode. Their lame use of Carry On at the beginning had me disappointed from the get-go. It was a stark reminder of how good the show used to be, and how bad it is now. Every single time we were supposed to have an emotional moment I wanted to cringe. Bobby's final end, the stealing of Kevin, the forgiving of Cas. And the return of Impala was embarassingly bad. Why in the world did they even include that, except as a failed attempt to get an emotional reaction from the fans? There certainly wasn't any reason in the plot. There was essentially nothing exciting, scary, or moving in the entire episode. The ending was stupid. It felt like the ending of an episode. It fell so flat that I didn't even know it was the finale until I realized there wasn't a 'Next week on Supernatural.' A terrible ending to a terrible season. And LotN, if you bitch that I posted this, I am officially putting you on Ignore.
Not even gonna bother, my opinion on what you've put should be clear, also if you want to put me on ignore because I completely disagree with you then that is WEAK.

And Carry On is brilliant no matter what context its used in.

I remember that, but what does the "garrison" consists of? Surely it can't be that all the angels got up and left, if so, then that's pretty shitty on their part. I just thought they made is seem like prophets are a top priority for them to interfere and the King of Hell seizing him should be enough for them to want to step in and stop him. As for Chuck, I'd like to know what his poofing into thin air meant. I refuse to believe he was God(which some people do believe). We never heard from him again.

Well the other non-God explanation is that since his duty as a Prophet is done, Chuck is no longer needed on Earth and ascends into Heaven. I think he's God but I can understand why some don't, we'll never know for sure.

LotN

Archived