Supernatural

Lord of the Night

If I were a SPN writer, the next episode would go something like this.

(Castiel walks in to the room)

Cas: Sam. Dean.

Dean: You're dead!

Cas: No, Chu- I mean, God brought me back.

Sam: Can you bring back Bobby?

Cas: Already did, and rebuilt his house. God snapped his fingers and the Leviathans disappeared so we can wrap up that dreadful story arc.

Dean: What do we do now?

Cas: We have an urgent mission. Get Sam to a hairdresser!

Lol. It really is a crime. Such bad hair on such a fine man. They have to at least know the sideburns are NOT a good idea.

The next episode look like fun! I love their time travel episodes! Some of my favorite episodes are both of the young John/Mary ones and the Phoenix episode from season 6.

I didn't consider myself a fan of this show until I saw season 4 on DVD. I fell in love with the character Castiel and enjoyed the whole apocaplyse arc. I also enjoyed how the story played out in season 2 a lot, but seasons 4 - 5 and were definitely my favorite.

I thought season 6 was a mess plot wise, and I felt at a number of times the characters were written poorly and inconsistently, as though the characters were being forced to fit into the plot instead of the plot fitting the characters. Season 7 hasn't interested me much so far, and I've been mostly bored or annoyed with it. I was very sad by Bobby's death (who was my second favorite character), so between him being killed and Castiel's uncertain future, this hasn't been a very enjoyable season for me. It's unfortunate that I happened to bond and connect with two characters that weren't Sam and Dean on this show.

Anyway, maybe I'll be able to enjoy the show again depending on how Castiel is brought back later on this season. We'll see. Chances are though this season will be my last.

Your two favorite characters are MIA and dead, so I can see why you would want to stop if it doesn't pick up. I have a feeling that if they do bring Castiel back, it would only be to officially and properly off him again. :frown5: If not that, then his appearances and role will be greatly reduced so he can come back with a bang for the series final episodes.

I haven't given up, yet. I still love Sam and Dean as characters and I still care about what happens to them. I have watched this show from the beginning and it is still one of my top favorites. I still have hope :D .

BTW, your name is AWESOME, Asha-Not Yara! HAH!

Thanks for the screen name compliment. :)

Yeah, I don't have much hope that Castiel's upcoming return will be permanent, so I'm pretty much bracing myself for another tearjerker of an episode like what we got with Bobby this season. I'm sure the show will get renewed for season 8 though, so I hope it continues to be enjoyable for those of you who will still be watching. :)

So, what do you all think about last night's episode? It was pretty good and not entirely depressing. Plus it had Logan Echolls as a time god! There is black goo in their future, it's everywhere, heh? Way to be specific there... That was the worst future reading I ever heard.

I usually hate the time travel episodes but this one was at least funny in parts. Can't say I'm enjoying this season too much.

Couldn't quite buy Logan Echolls as a time god myself :)

The episode was fine from an eye candy perspective. Dean looked so hot in those outfits! After Supernatural is eventually cancelled, I'd love for Ackles to appear in a period piece so he could dress up like that more often.

I thought the whole part with Chronos and how they had to go about killing him was terribly boring paint-by-the-numbers type resolution we've seen the show do many times before. I was also disappointed we didn't get a more juicy reveal of the future from Chronos. It's hardly a surprise that the levis are a big threat and everywhere intent upon turning the world into black goo or something. :P

Over all not a bad episode, but not particularly riviting one either. The Dean eye candy made it worth it for me though. Man, next week's episode just sounds terrible though. :( I definitely won't bother watching that one.

This is just a shout out to encourage you all to nominate a Supernatural episode for the Hugos.

Apparently a Supernatural episode has never been nominated for a Hugo. Fortunately I just realized that the episode 'The French Mistake,' in which the brothers go to an alternate universe and are actors on a tv show, aired in 2011 and is therefore eligible for the category Best Dramatic Presentation - Short Form.

You can nominate for the Hugos if 1) you went to WorldCon last year, 2) you bought a membership for this coming year, 3) you bought a supporting membership for this year before Jan 31.

• 4 weeks later...

What did you guys think of last week's ep?

I admit that I was a little wary because it was another clown episode, but it managed to make me laugh out loud at several points.

The moment of genius was of course when they had the unicorn with a rainbow flying out of its butt. Apparently some of the writers are fans of our Xray.

So, even if the high drama and thoughtful plots are not on the same level as they used to be, those writers still know how to do really clever (but also totally accessible) humour.

What did you guys think of last week's ep?

I admit that I was a little wary because it was another clown episode, but it managed to make me laugh out loud at several points.

The moment of genius was of course when they had the unicorn with a rainbow flying out of its butt. Apparently some of the writers are fans of our Xray.

So, even if the high drama and thoughtful plots are not on the same level as they used to be, those writers still know how to do really clever (but also totally accessible) humour.

I really liked it. It was the best monster of the week episode in a while, kind of reminded me of season 1/2 episodes.

Plus it had a unicorn with a rainbow flying out of its butt.

• 3 weeks later...

I quite liked the amazon episode. They really seem to be going out of the way to mess Dean up this season, That was a pretty tricky situation to have to kill his monster child and Sam having to save him kind of made him a bit of a hypocrite for killing his monster friend at the start of the season. I'm still surprised they haven't delivered on the Dean's an alcoholic yet as every episode has several shots of him drinking or opening bottles. Hopefully they wont go full on alcoholic and just have it as a symptom of his depression.

I have yet to see the, now famous, "unicorn" episode. I think that's the next one for me. The show is definitely down in the " I watch it when i want something easy" category, which is a shame but I don't get as infuriated with the show.

I rarely to never watch T.V. but I love this show. However I haven't seen it in forever. The last one I saw was "Be My Valentine"(I think that was the name) I laughed my butt off @ all the zingers in that show & Cas pigging out on all the burgers LOL

I had no idea Bobby was dead. I have a lot of catching up to do!

Except for the annoying fact that there was a hugely long mid-season break! Argh! But it will be nice to have Cas back.

I'm still hoping there's a loophole for bringing Bobby back but I'm wondering if the actor just wanted out.

The last episode was ok aside from the fact it was kind of clear from the start exactly what was happening. They need to decide what they are doing with Lucifer as well as it's getting tiring him popping up every now and then. What's with this season? Can't they afford all the supporting actors, so are rationing them or is it that the actors have other committments. I mean we've lost Bobby and only rarely see Lucifer, Castiel or the cool demon guy (forgot his name). The show needs these regulars popping up.

I'm still hoping there's a loophole for bringing Bobby back but I'm wondering if the actor just wanted out.

The last episode was ok aside from the fact it was kind of clear from the start exactly what was happening. They need to decide what they are doing with Lucifer as well as it's getting tiring him popping up every now and then. What's with this season? Can't they afford all the supporting actors, so are rationing them or is it that the actors have other committments. I mean we've lost Bobby and only rarely see Lucifer, Castiel or the cool demon guy (forgot his name). The show needs these regulars popping up.

We are going to see a lot more of Lucifer from now on. Throughout the season there have been glimpses of Sam squeezing his scar, the last episode we finally got to saw what he's been seeing and dealing with for the whole season. But now that Lucifer has a foothold in his head, we'll see him a lot more.

LotN

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone still watching? I thought the last episode was pretty good. Looks like Castiel is back, not sure where they plan on going with this season, but I'm gonna stick around for the ride. The actress who plays new Meg is sort of fun to watch, but they should really limit her lines. She's either terrible or trying to imitate the original Meg and just ends up delivering her all her lines in the same exact tone.

Anyway, hopefully they will start getting stuff done soon. Crowley is sorely missed. I prefer him over Lucifer as a villain. Liked the touch with ghost Bobby still helping the boys out.

Archived