If Bran's prophecy is true, Jon is dead, at best undead.

JonTargStark

It says Jon is *sleeping*, and the *memory* of all warmth fled from him.

Sounds pretty clearly like becoming undead, not being DEAD dead. Besides, as we saw with Coldhands, becoming "wight-ish" doesn't necessarily mean becoming evil or zombie-like.

Of course, all the usual caveats about fallacy of prophecy apply... although can anyone point me to a "greendream" being definitely WRONG? Not all prophecies are created equal!

My interpretation of Bran's vision in AGOT is that he is being shown everything that is happening in real time a that moment. Catelyn is on a ship heading to King's Landing. Sansa is crying herself to sleep every night because Lady was just killed. Arya is holding secrets (Nymeria is still alive) close to her heart. And Jon is at the Wall, which was something Bran didn't know before he fell, and it is cold there.

It does sound ominous, but I don't take it as a glimpse of the future because nothing else there really was.

And yes, the great prophecy of the Stallion that Mounts the World - R.I.P. Rhaego - didn't turn out like the crones thought. And there is always what Marwyn said about prophecy...

I think Drogon is The Stallion that mounts the world. Since the birth of the dragons she has followers of many different nationalities. I think I TWOW she is going to have a full Khalasar following her once the Dothraki see her riding Drogon,.

I think I would actually be ok with this (of course, the Others would win and rule Westeros xD) an awesome twist to the predictable story :D

And about Bran's prophecy, it doesn't necessarily have to mean that Jon is dead, he could be in a coma and he would look almost like he is dead.

Not dead.There are suggestions from Craster's story that the Others take live children as sacrifices.Being alive means he could become an Other,rather than a wight.

The prophecy/vision says Jons skin becomes "pale and hard" which echoes the description of the Others in the GOT prologue as "..hard as old bones,with flesh pale as milk".

Not dead.There are suggestions from Craster's story that the Others take live children as sacrifices.Being alive means he could become an Other,rather than a wight.

The prophecy/vision says Jons skin becomes "pale and hard" which echoes the description of the Others in the GOT prologue as "..hard as old bones,with flesh pale as milk".

Yeah, yeah I got it, not dead. And you're right about the description of the Others!! Dammit, stop it, I'm loving this theory so much :wub:

I think and hope that Dany's 'blue flower growing from the wall of ice' vision symbolizes Jon being at the Wall at that point in time and this vision of Bran was fulfilled when Jon was thrown in the ice cells by Janos Slynt for his desertion and spent several days there (or both of those visions are referencing that time and not the future). If he "died" at the end of ADWD and his body stays in the ice cells until Dany arrives in Westeros and revives him, which with our luck would probably happen a whole book or a book and a half later, I'm going to scream.

I think it's possible it's just that it would take so long. Jon would be out of the picture for a very long time.

. . three fires must you light . . . one for life and one for death and one to love . . .
. . three mounts must you ride . . . one to bed and one to dread and one to love . . .
A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness. . . mother of dragons, bride of fire . . .

Jon may be the third in all these sequences. Perhaps if Ghost is her mount to love he leads her to Jon's body and then she lights a fire to love.

wait, there is a difference between wight and others?

Here http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Others but basically the Others are "people" we don't know much about, they live north of the Wall, they appeared during the Long Night and they can raise dead people that are the wights.

wait, there is a difference between wight and others?

Wights: Dead humans that come back to life and try to kill you, Presumably created by the Others/White Walkers. Don´t speak, but seem to retain some knowledge from their mortal lives. They seem to be unable to move during the daylight hours. Essentially like the "Night Of The Living Dead" zombies, only more flammable.

Others: We don´t know what the heck they are. They look inhuman, have their own language, use ice armor that only can bypassed by obsidian weapons, and magical swords that freeze everything they touch. They fear fire, and avoid the sun. Only seen at night. Sometimes they ride animal wights. Legend says they ravaged Westeros thousands of years ago.

I always thought other=undead=wight(sp?)

Wights are humans who have been killed by the Others.Apparently zombies, they appear to be able to be programmed to a certain extent-the attack on Lord Mormont,and the attack on Bran's party as they near Bloodraven's cave support this idea.

Coldhands seems to suggest they can be used for good by Bloodraven/COTF,but maybe that depends on whether Bloodraven or the Others killed him.

Hey thanks guys, then, a guy who helped Bran and his buddies to that bloodraven(?) dude, is he Others or wight?

since he used to be in the NW while alive Coldhands must be something like a good wight.

edit: well actually this is not quite true. Coldhands is dead, that's for sure, in that sense he may be considered as a wight. but he's something more than that because he is helping Bran & CO to get away from other wights...

Hey thanks guys, then, a guy who helped Bran and his buddies to that bloodraven(?) dude, is he Others or wight?

He is most probably a wight, but a special one who retains his personality, memories and skills (essentially a human mind and a wight body). We don´t know who he really is, or how he was created.

Archived