Anvik

• 1 month later...

Could The Ghost of High heart be Jenny of Oldstones? They have separate wiki entries but is there any evidence they are actually two people?

Jenny was in Love with Duncan the Small (rumored to be a dwarf, so maybe Jenny would be one too- like the Ghost) and Duncan the Small died at Sumerhall. The Ghost of High Heart tells Arya "begone. I gorged on grief at summerhall"

Could The Ghost of High heart be Jenny of Oldstones? They have separate wiki entries but is there any evidence they are actually two people?

Jenny was in Love with Duncan the Small (rumored to be a dwarf, so maybe Jenny would be one too- like the Ghost) and Duncan the Small died at Sumerhall. The Ghost of High Heart tells Arya "begone. I gorged on grief at summerhall"

Prince Duncan was called "the Small" to differentiate him from Duncan the Tall, aka Dunk. I do not recall seeing any evidence supporting a claim he was a dwarf.

ISTR there being a mention of Jenny's death at some point, and in one of Ser Barristan's chapters he discusses Jenny of Oldstones and mentions she had a companion who was a dwarf.

Therefore I think that the Ghost of High Heart is NOT Jenny of Oldstones, they are two separate people.

Yeah, two people, the Ghost of High Heart is one of the Children of the Forest.

There is no evidence that the GoHH is a CotF. Arya does not describe her as having brown skin and only 3 fingers per hand. She is just a dwarf, like Tyrion, only with greendreams or some such magic.

There is no evidence that the GoHH is a CotF. Arya does not describe her as having brown skin and only 3 fingers per hand. She is just a dwarf, like Tyrion, only with greendreams or some such magic.

you might be right, i was remembering the children had red eyes like the ghost of high heart, but they don't, so probably not.

"I dreamt a wolf howling in the rain, but no one heard his grief,"
Ghost mourning the loss of Robb at the Red Wedding.

"No one" eh... I think I know a "no one"...

I am pretty sure this is Grey Wind, as it was raining at the RW. Cat also heard him howling, before she was killed. That it the weak point in the theory, because GoHH mentions that no-one heard him. It could of course mean that there was a Faceless Man present :dunno:

Hmmm

SoS Arya

Somewhere far off she heard a wolf howling. It wasn’t very loud compared to the camp noise and the music and the low ominous growl of the river running wild, but she heard it all the same. Only maybe it wasn’t her ears that heard it. The sound shivered through Arya like a knife, sharp with rage and grief.

Or...

DwD Jon

“Snow,” the moon called down again, cackling. The white wolf padded along the man trail beneath the icy cliff. The taste of blood was on his tongue, and his ears rang to the song of the hundred cousins. Once they had been six, five whimpering blind in the snow beside their dead mother, sucking cool milk from her hard dead nipples whilst he crawled off alone. Four remained ... and one the white wolf could no longer sense.

Come on folks, the reference to Sansa and the giantslaying is obvious. Here we have Sansa playing cordially in the snow building a castle when Not So Sweetrobin comes crashing upon her snow castle while yelling Look I'M A GIANT! Sansa loses her shit and in a fit of rage tears Not So Sweetrobin's doll apart..... Could be she puts lil robin down for good in fit of rage. That or it's a possible reference that Sansa is actually unknowingly poisoning Not So Sweetrobin because if IIRC she is the only one that can get the lil guy to take his medicine or eat food.

You know I just now was thinking that Robert Arryn was the giant in the snow castle (giant to the scale if what she made) and Sansa is killing him with dream wine as a mercy killing. She's seen how dangerous life can be for the innocent. I like Sansa but...I just am stuck with this idea now.

Well crap I can't edit it now. I wasn't the first to think that, of course. I never put the idea of him being the giant though. :( I should read every post on every page first next time. My bad guys.

LOL, must be a misery being a board regualr seeing the same posts and "theories" pop up over and over and over again. :P

LOL, must be a misery being a board regualr seeing the same posts and "theories" pop up over and over and over again. :P

Usually people speculate that it is Baelish. Some say the doll and I always though what a waste of a prophetic dream to dream of a doll getting ripped. I think Sansa is trying to protect Robin by a mercy killing though. I think Arya is dark going to move to light, and Sansa is light moving to dark.

I think this part is very interesting:

"Look into your fires, pink priest, and you will see. Not now, though, not here, you'll see nothing here. This place belongs to the old gods still...they linger here as I do, shrunken and feeble but not yet dead. Nor do they love the flames. For oak recalls the acorn, the acorn dreams the oak, the stump lives in them both. And they remember when the First Men came with fire in their fists."

The interesting is that the Ghost is talking about:

1) the conflict between the First Men and the Old Gods, noting that the FM brought the fire to probably conquer the land.

2) The fact that basically, being in a place where the Old Gods linger prevents the red priests from using the power of fire. The Ghost tells Thoros he will see nothing there.

Now if we make the link between what the Ghost is saying and Melisandre:

1) When she is at the Wall, Mel notices her powers are increasing, they are not becoming more feeble there. Therefore, the magic lingering at the Wall isn't the one of the Old Gods. If FM had a hand in building the Wall and they came "fire in their fists", maybe the magic that was used to seal and built the Wall between the realm of men and the realm of ??? is linked to the magic the fire priests use.

2) However, whenever there is a giant snow storm coming up around Winterfell (and basically Winter is coming everywhere else too), Melisandre notices she cannot see what is happening in these regions in her fires anymore. For example, she looses all traces of Stannis and she can only see snow, as if the "Old Gods" lingering around WF were blurring her signal (if we believe the Ghost and take her word on the fact that where the Old Gods linger, fire magic has reduced to no power).

I've read a while ago a very interesting thread about "Winter Fell" being the eye of the storm, a storm of supernatural origins. Well maybe what the Ghost says to Arya actually allows us to see a bit more cleary what kind of magic is in action in WF and maybe at the Wall?

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm with Kienn (#67), the "I dreamt a wolf howling in the rain, but no one heard his grief" prophecy is definitely Arya and the wolf is Grey Wind (most likely). She's outside the Twins when Robb dies and Grey Wind howls, then also gets killed. It's foreshadowing Arya's trip to Braavos and the FM.

(I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs.

I always figured this was Sansa Unknowingly posioning Joff,

And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow."

As for the second of the same maid, her maybe doing the same for a savage giant? I.E the "Giant who would destroy her castle" maybe she may slay him by mistake. Destroying a snow castle with a doll doesn't cut it for me.... and the fact that she says The same maid affter telling the group that she posioned some one at a feast is fishy. Maybe Sansa will kill some one else, the Tyrion one is a good catch, as well as the littlefingers and i would much say that Sansa is Now in a castle of snow.

(I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs.

I always figured this was Sansa Unknowingly posioning Joff,

And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow."

As for the second of the same maid, her maybe doing the same for a savage giant? I.E the "Giant who would destroy her castle" maybe she may slay him by mistake. Destroying a snow castle with a doll doesn't cut it for me.... and the fact that she says The same maid affter telling the group that she posioned some one at a feast is fishy. Maybe Sansa will kill some one else, the Tyrion one is a good catch, as well as the littlefingers and i would much say that Sansa is Now in a castle of snow.

It's Arya, not Sansa...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/112008-arya-not-sansa-is-the-the-maid-that-will-slay-littlefinger-the-savage-giant/

• 5 months later...

"Look into your fires, pink priest, and you will see. Not now, though, not here, you'll see nothing here. This place belongs to the old gods still...they linger here as I do, shrunken and feeble but not yet dead. Nor do they love the flames. For oak recalls the acorn, the acorn dreams the oak, the stump lives in them both. And they remember when the First Men came with fire in their fists." 

​I find this the most interesting passage because I think it confirms that the Old Gods are just as real as the Red God and the Old Gods can cancel out the others power. Does this mean that they are on opposing sides, and does that mean the Old Gods are the great other. That can't be true though because we know the children of the forest worship the old gods and fought the Others during the Long Night. I would love to hear what other people have to say.  

Archived