Which Character Did You Most Hate To See Go?

Ice&Fire reader

The Red Viper

George who usually works things out logically sort of failed me here, I still don't buy that Prince Oberyn would have made the mistake he did against the Mountin. He should of thought of some more imaginative way, or had him escape. This one was a fumble on GRRM's part.

George who usually works things out logically sort of failed me here, I still don't buy that Prince Oberyn would have made the mistake he did against the Mountin. He should of thought of some more imaginative way, or had him escape. This one was a fumble on GRRM's part.

I don't have any problem believing that a man whose sister was raped and killed after her children were killed too would lose his calm in front of the guy who did it. It actually seems quite plausible to me.

1. Robb Stark.

2. Oberyn Martell. His time in the series was much too short for how great a character he was. Every scene he was in was absolute gold, not to mention the best fight scene in the entire series.

*Gregor Clegane enters the room*

"You're going to fight that?!"

"I'm going to kill that."

There have been so many characters who have died so far, I mean...really died....

(If anyone can compile a list of characters in total who are known to be dead so far in the story it would be great).

That, ser, is a challenge.

I've restricted this to characters mentioned 18 times or more, to stop it going on forever. As an aside, there are far too many good characters in this list...

Rattleshirt - death by burning

Varamyr Sixskins - death by spearwife

Styr - death by stairs

Harma Dogshead - death by battle

Jarl - death by wall

Haggon - death by apprentice

Dalla - death by childbirth

Ygritte - death by arrow

Holly - death by crossbow

Thistle - death by owch

Craster - death by guests

Bael the Bard - death by fatherly love

Jeor Mormont - death by mutiny

Qhorin Halfhand - death by cunning plan

Thoren Smallwood - death by dead bear

Ottyn Wythers - death by wights

Jaremy Rykker - death by wight

Will - death by Other

Gared - death by Ice

Donal Noye - death by giant

Ebben - death by wildlings

(Stonesnake - death unknown)

Bannen - death by festering

Yoren - death by mad bannerman

Maester Aemon - death by being 102

Chett - death by wights

Small Paul - death by Other

Dick Follard - death by arrow

Rast - death by wildlings

Dareon - death by faceless girl

Rickard Stark - death by cooking

Eddard Stark - death by honour

Brandon Stark - death by strangulation

Lyanna Stark - death by childbirth

Robb Stark - death by crossbow

(Benjen Stark - death unknown)

Maester Luwin. Rodrik and Jory Cassel. Alyn, Desmond, Fat Tom and Alebelly. Vayon Poole, Hullen, Mikken and Farlen. Septa Mordane. Rickard Karstark. Helman and Benfred Tallhart. Donella Hornwood. Wendel Manderly.

Balon Greyjoy. Black Lorren.

Tywin, Kevan and Stafford Lannister. Amory Lorch. (Gregor Clegane.) Maggy the Frog. Melara Hetherspoon. Polliver and the Tickler.

Hoster and Lysa Tully. Harren Hoare. Stevron, Ryman, Petyr, Aegon, Cleos, Merrett and Little Walder Frey. Raymun Darry. Chiswyck and Weese. Mycah.

Jon Arryn. Robar and Waymar Royce. Vardis Egen. Marillion. Lark.

Aegon I, Maegor I, Jaehaerys I, Daeron I, Baelor I, Aegon IV, Aemon, Aegon V, Aerys II, Rhaegar and Viserys Targaryen. (Aegon Targaryen.) Maester Pycelle. Gyles Rosby. Tanda and Falyse Stokeworth. Balman Byrch. Arys Oakheart, Mandon Moore and Preston Greenfield. Dontos Hollard. Aron Santagar. Two High Septons. Janos Slynt and Jacelyn Bywater. Symon Silver Tongue. Senelle. Shae. Oppo. Dick Crabb. Lommy Greenhands. Rorge, Biter, Timeon and Shagwell. (Florian and Jonquil.) Maester Cressen. Allard Seaworth.

Alester and Imry Florent. Gerold Hightower. Emmon Cuy. Bryce Caron. Pate.

Robert, Renly and Joffrey Baratheon. Beric Dondarrion. Cortnay Penrose.

Lewyn, Oberyn, Elia and Quentyn Martell. Arthur Dayne. Cletus Yronwood.

Syrio Forel. Vargo Hoat. Doreah. Myles Toyne.

Khal Drogo. Rhaego. Cohollo, Haggo and Qotho. Mirri Maz Duur.

Mero. Kraznys mo Nakloz. Cleon the Great. Yurkhaz zo Yunzak and Yezzan zo Qaggaz. Barsena Blackhair and Khrazz. Nurse. Groleo.

(Azor Ahai.)

Ned, easily, had the biggest effect. When I read the first book, I just thought I was reading a good old fantasy novel, with Ned as the main character. I never suspected Ned to die.

Robb was close. Just knowing that such a small mistake led to his death made me so sad. It made me more sad to see him die in front of his own mom. Cat's death, too, was sad since one of the last things she saw was her first born being killed.

I don't have any problem believing that a man whose sister was raped and killed after her children were killed too would lose his calm in front of the guy who did it. It actually seems quite plausible to me.

Exactly the reasons I think he would have been more ruthlessly cunning and smart.

Exactly the reasons I think he would have been more ruthlessly cunning and smart.

Well, he was, leading up to it. It was when he was painstakingly close to taking his revenge that he got ahead of himself. I've done it before (not killing people in duels, messing up at the last second), so it made sense to me.

Joffrey.

That kid was the single most hateful villain ever created, and I would have loved to see him stick around to create more chaos and destruction. It was also weirdly hilarious that in a series full of moral ambiguity and grey characters, the kid did not appear to possess a single redeeming (or even morally neutral) quality.

But his death was satisfying to read! I only wish it had been more horrific!

I could hardly believe it was happening when Ned was beheaded and Sean Bean did such a wonderful job!

I shouted out loud and threw my book across the room when Robb died, and shocked at what happened to Catelyn.

Disappointed that Maester Aemon died...so sad.

The rest....meh.

Archived