To be fair to the Freys...

Bastard Walder

Lord Walder has brought the curse of the Gods (and the True Northmen) down on his House by his own actions. Some will live and some will die but if the Gods (Martin) are just then Lord Walder will live see his grubby little empire of the Twins brought down on his head.

Before being ripped apart by wolves while seeing his precious Towers destroyed by Dragons.

Some of the Freys where kept away from the wedding, probably because they opposed the massacre or would oppose it it they knew. They are not to blame. Neither is the children.

Agree. Namely: Olyvar the squire, Alesander the singer and Perwyn Frey, Roslin's brother - and we don't know how many other were not present because they wanted no part in this.

Also I don't think those who were forced should be punished, and I think most of the women did not have a choice even if they would have found it wrong.

I'm sure Kevin knew and he's out, and the Jamie and Roose brief conversation is a little ambiguous as if Jamie actually knew about it.

To be fair, I don't think Jaime knew. He thought about some kind of confrontation between Bolton and Robb, but as he is notoriosly underestimating that his family is actually able to do, I simply don't see him knowing about this (yes, I'm quite sure he truely didn't thought on the possibility that his father may want to kill Elia or the children).

I want to see old man Walder experience death by unCat. Wouldn't it be sweet to have him crawl into bed with the hopes of nailing some sweet young thing and it's unCat waiting under the covers???

That would be perfect.

I want to see old man Walder experience death by unCat. Wouldn't it be sweet to have him crawl into bed with the hopes of nailing some sweet young thing and it's unCat waiting under the covers???

:bowdown:

This HAS to happen

What's so good about the Starks?

They're just another bunch of entitled jerks who live lives of great comfort and privilege off the sweat and blood of their 'inferiors' and can call up private armies to kill anyone who challenges them. I'm amazed that so many people get all gooey over them because Ned Stark will look you in the eyes when he enforces his barbaric feudal code on your neck. :dunno:

:shocked:

:shocked:

Well, you asked. :D

I like them as characters, but this whole thread is why I'm not a fan - all this frothing over a stupid fight between high lords that got out of hand.

Why is Robb marching back to the Twins? To reseal an alliance he broke, but also to reclaim the North from the hated Greyjoys. Why are the Greyjoys there? Because Robb marched south with the cream of the North's soldiery to fight the Lannisters and rescue his father (and sent his one valuable hostage back, but we'll leave that aside).

Oh wait, Ned got shortened by a head in AGoT, so why is Robb still down south? Because he let his own men crown him King in the North and so got sucked into the War of the Five Kings.

If you believe that the Starks are better than most because they care for their 'smallfolk', then what does this have to do with their safety? How is this repaying them for all the wealth they bring their rulers and the sons they give up to the war levies? It's not. It's a futile, macho game that Robb decided to play in the name of Ned Stark and his beloved honour.

The line needs to be wiped clean to the root. The elders, the youths, nearly all the children.

Scourge the land and then toss salt.

Such a family should've never held so important a crossing.

What happened to the Reynes and Tarbecks was harsh, but necessary. You don't allow your subordinates to raise their hand to you, without deadly consequences.

The only thing i might not agree with is the murder of babes.

? When did she get hit with a crossbow?

When the "musicians" opened fire on the guests with crossbows.

Edwyn Frey shoved her aside. The music drowned all other sound, echoing off the walls as if the stones themselves where playing. Robb gave Edwyn an angry look and moved to block his way ... and staggered suddenly as a quarrel sprouted from his side, just beneath the shoulder. If he screamed then, the sound was swallowed by the pipes and horns and fiddles. Catelyn saw a second bolt pierce his leg, saw him fall. Up in the gallery, half the musicians had crossbows in their hands instead of drums or lutes. She ran towards her son until something punched her in the small of the back and the hard stone came up to slap her. "Robb!" she screamed. She saw Smalljon Umber wrestle a table off its trestles. Crossbow bolts thudded into the wood, one two three. [....]

Catelyn's back was on fire. I have to reach him.

aSoS, p. 581.

People always forget that Catelyn was wounded gravely when she slew Aegon, but then again people will always ingore the text to damn Catelyn no matter what she does.

Personally, I think it darned amazing that she clawed herself off the ground even as she was shot in the back by a crossbow and clambered for a hostage as Robb's men were being chopped into sausage.

Well, you asked. :D

I like them as characters, but this whole thread is why I'm not a fan - all this frothing over a stupid fight between high lords that got out of hand.

Why is Robb marching back to the Twins? To reseal an alliance he broke, but also to reclaim the North from the hated Greyjoys. Why are the Greyjoys there? Because Robb marched south with the cream of the North's soldiery to fight the Lannisters and rescue his father (and sent his one valuable hostage back, but we'll leave that aside).

Oh wait, Ned got shortened by a head in AGoT, so why is Robb still down south? Because he let his own men crown him King in the North and so got sucked into the War of the Five Kings.

If you believe that the Starks are better than most because they care for their 'smallfolk', then what does this have to do with their safety? How is this repaying them for all the wealth they bring their rulers and the sons they give up to the war levies? It's not. It's a futile, macho game that Robb decided to play in the name of Ned Stark and his beloved honour.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Another one who sees the light!

Made me laugh hysterically.

When Catelyn describes herself picking up the knife off the table she's actually describing her fingernails extending and twisting into claws :cool4:

On a similar note O.J. only intended to kill his wife.

Hahaha so Walder is the OJ of Westeros? I'm not sure who that's more insulting to, OJ or Walder.

But really, if a Frey like Lame Lothar, who was given a place of honor in sending Hoster downriver at his funeral, were to explain to UnCat "Oh no, we only ment to massacre you're son and you're few remaining companions," would any of us complain when she hung him? I'm not saying all Freys must die but there's a few who could use a little justice from the BwB.

To go back to the original post: yes the whole mess started with oathbreaking by Robb.

Robb said: 'sorry' and promised another joining of House Frey and Stark in the future (Arya, if recovered and Forgothisname Frey).

To be fair, why should they believe him now? He had broken his oath before.

The Freys held true to the original deal Walder and Catelyn made. Frey's died for Robb's cause..

Of course what the Freys consequently did was inexcusable.

Archived