Little Finger's Death.

lostaphrodite

Love of what or whom? You think he's going to fall in "love" with Sansa? The girl whose life he ruined and who he is methodically grooming to be his Cat stand in?

Yeah, true love right there. He not only has his former "love's" husband killed, but he effortlessly goes for her own daughter over her. The fact that she's a stand-in is irrelevant to Littlefinger. He's got his Cat as far as he's concerned.

First off, I encourage anyone interested in the Littlefinger and Sansa dynamic to read this thread: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/99141-bad-news-baelish-or-purple-wedding-20/ .

Or, at least skim it. It is kind of long. The essential points are Littlefinger is using Sansa and will dispose of Sansa when he finds it convenient.

Other thoughts.

I also do not believe Sansa can outwit Littlefinger.

However, she does not need to outwit him, she just needs to kill him.

Who is her father? Remember her father? While killing Baelish in a long scheme might be the culmination of his tutelage, it would be a betrayal of the old ways. Robb kept the old ways when he killed Karstark, Jon kept them when he killed Janos Slynt, and even Arya kept them when she killed the deserter. Eddard taught his children that if you would kill a man, you must look into his eyes and hear his last words. Baelish is the opposite. He believes in "keeping your hands clean." I think this dichotomy between Baelish's lessons and Eddard's example will be played out, and it would be sad if she kills Baelish using Baelish's lessons instead of Eddard's example.

Eddard taught his children that if you would kill a man, you must look into his eyes and hear his last words. Baelish is the opposite. He believes in "keeping your hands clean." I think this dichotomy between Baelish's lessons and Eddard's example will be played out, and it would be sad if she kills Baelish using Baelish's lessons instead of Eddard's example.

You raise a very important point. Sansa had two 'fathers' who gave her lessons that contradict each other. Ned says get your hands bloody and Littlefinger says keep your hands clean. It will be an interesting duality for Sansa when she decides to kill him and which side will win. Though, considering that beheading seems to pop up in her narrative in very strange ways so I have a feeling that Ned's lesson will prevail. It is foreshadowed he will be beheaded. The way she rips the doll's head and spikes it's head on the walls of Winterfell and Littlefinger's old sigil isn't the whole body of a giant, but the head of a giant. It would be a satisfying end for Littlefinger in my opinion. To be beheaded and his head spiked on the walls of Winterfell. A poetic death.

And what agency did Sansa have before Ned's beheading? She wanted to merry a prince and become a queen and give birth to as many of "golden lions" as she could. Some agency. She gets her agency with Ned's beheading when the real world comes crushing down onto her head. Her wolf is dead. Killed by her father. Do not forget that.

And what agency did Sansa have before Ned's beheading? She wanted to merry a prince and become a queen and give birth to as many of "golden lions" as she could. Some agency. She gets her agency with Ned's beheading when the real world comes crushing down onto her head. Her wolf is dead. Killed by her father. Do not forget that.

Sansa did have agency. Her going to Cersei is a perfect example. It was bad judgment on her part sure, but at the same time it also shows she took her life in hand and make a choice of her own. From there on it crashes all down. After the death of Ned she becomes a hostage and the small amount of agency she has is stripped from her and she has no power whatsoever. If you genuinely think that Sansa had any form of agency in acok and asos then you are wrong.

All due to her betraying her family. Sansa should have told the truth about what happened at the river and shouldn't have run off to Cersei.

Sansa will plot and kill little finger once she finds out that he was solely responsible for having half her family killed. She is learning the way he operates and will realize he is a true sociopath and she is nothing but a pawn to him. Tyrion told Cat that little finger serves himself way back in book one. Sansa will not be married off and revealed as the queen of the north like he told her. Lies. She was and is an important piece to him but she is still just a piece.

First, I keep reading this as "Little Finger's dedo". Dedo = Finger.

First off, I encourage anyone interested in the Littlefinger and Sansa dynamic to read this thread: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/99141-bad-news-baelish-or-purple-wedding-20/ .

Or, at least skim it. It is kind of long. The essential points are Littlefinger is using Sansa and will dispose of Sansa when he finds it convenient.

Other thoughts.

I also do not believe Sansa can outwit Littlefinger.

However, she does not need to outwit him, she just needs to kill him.

Who is her father? Remember her father? While killing Baelish in a long scheme might be the culmination of his tutelage, it would be a betrayal of the old ways. Robb kept the old ways when he killed Karstark, Jon kept them when he killed Janos Slynt, and even Arya kept them when she killed the deserter. Eddard taught his children that if you would kill a man, you must look into his eyes and hear his last words. Baelish is the opposite. He believes in "keeping your hands clean." I think this dichotomy between Baelish's lessons and Eddard's example will be played out, and it would be sad if she kills Baelish using Baelish's lessons instead of Eddard's example.

Besides it would also be satisfying for Sansa in a way. She lost her agency because of a beheading (Ned) and the best way for her to gain back that agency again is through a beheading (Littlefinger). It will be circular. :D

While I agree that Sansa should kill LF in a very Stark way (heh), how would she? She can't handle a sword like Arya. IT's the Moon Door a viable way? It would be great for her to tell him something like "I love my father... Ned" <pushes him>. But Moon Door is closed by now, I think.

While I agree that Sansa should kill LF in a very Stark way (heh), how would she? She can't handle a sword like Arya. IT's the Moon Door a viable way? It would be great for her to tell him something like "I love my father... Ned" <pushes him>. But Moon Door is closed by now, I think.

That I don't know. However I am certain that Littlefinger will end up being beheaded and Sansa will play a part. And no what Sansa should say is: "I only had one father... Ned" and then she should push him. Unfortunately the Eyrie has been closed for the winter and won't open up for years and Sansa and Littlefinger are at the Bloody Gate so it is out of the question.

First, I keep reading this as "Little Finger's dedo". Dedo = Finger.

Sorry, but I really hate that people keep on bringing up the Moon Door for Littlefinger's death. First off that implies an immediate death in WoW, and secondly the Eyrie is closed for winter. No way we'll see it again.

As for his death: Sansa stabs him in the back with the Valyrian Steel dagger he used to frame Tyrion and help start the War of the Five Kings and then slit his throat. It was the same knife he put to Ned's neck. It is poetic justice.

No way Lord Tyrell him being beheaded and his head spiked on the walls of Winterfell is far more fitting since he most likely was the one who provoked Joffrey into killing Ned. It would be a poetic death and at least that one is foreshadowed.

I still think his head will be chopped off and be put on Winterfell's walls, he'll just be dead before then. It seems that's a more poetic death for Janos Slynt than Littlefinger.

Sorry, but I really hate that people keep on bringing up the Moon Door for Littlefinger's death. First off that implies an immediate death in WoW, and secondly the Eyrie is closed for winter. No way we'll see it again.

As for his death: Sansa stabs him in the back with the Valyrian Steel dagger he used to frame Tyrion and help start the War of the Five Kings and then slit his throat. It was the same knife he put to Ned's neck. It is poetic justice.

No way Lord Tyrell him being beheaded and his head spiked on the walls of Winterfell is far more fitting since he most likely was the one who provoked Joffrey into killing Ned. It would be a poetic death and at least that one is foreshadowed.

Sansa would never stabbed LF on his back. If she ever does that, she will do it face to face. And yes, I mentioned that they can't go to the MD because it's closed.

The reason I mentioned MD is because Sansa neither owns a sword nor she does know how to use one to actually behead a man and the whole Stark philosophy is the one ordering the sentence should be do the execution. That's why Jon realises he can't tell his men to hang Slynt but doing the killing himself. How is Sansa going to kill Littlefinger, then? He might be a cunning bastard whose work is based on whispering and rumours but I'm sure he can overtake a girl (Sansa isn't Arya). He might have been defeated by Brandon but Brandon was a full grown capable man, that doesn't mean LF dosn't know how to fight, specially if he needs to fight for his own life.

Littlefinger still has the dagger that he used to frame Tyrion with. She doesn't require a huge sword to kill him. There could be no greater weapon for her to kill him with.

And Littlefinger will know it is her. After he's stabbed in the back, he'll look around, see her and say something, Sansa says another, and then she'll slit his throat. I don't know where Sansa beheading people is coming from. Arya has more Stark in her than Sansa does, and she kill people with giant swords while beheading them.

Littlefinger still has the dagger that he used to frame Tyrion with. She doesn't require a huge sword to kill him. There could be no greater weapon for her to kill him with.

And Littlefinger will know it is her. After he's stabbed in the back, he'll look around, see her and say something, Sansa says another, and then she'll slit his throat. I don't know where Sansa beheading people is coming from. Arya has more Stark in her than Sansa does, and she kill people with giant swords while beheading them.

There is no such thing as Starkness. I wish that this fandom would cease this foolishness that Sansa is the "least" Stark-like.

Archived