Worldcon Human Chess Match

Lany: Uh...maybe? I guess what I meant was if they were COOL expensive swords, then there's a reason to own them...but I think these were ordered from the Home Shopping Network. ;)

:rofl:

I think most of ours are from museum replicas, so I guess we are only semi dorkish (we have 3 mounted on a plaque above the fireplace and two others on plaques on the wall, but we have a medieval themed room, so they kind of fit the decor.

Paddy and Sean:

There is a 4 foot tall sword that dwarfed me...which Dub tried to kill me with. (That's how we found out how blunt they were) :P

I think there may be a couple other biggish ones, I don't know if Sean wants the 4-footer and Paddy take a smaller but totally kick-ass one since Randall Tarly doesn't NEED a big sword to overcompensate for anything he has that is on the smallish size...you tell me. :P

I need all the length I can get! ;)

except during the masquerade or specially approved events

Since we are already an event on the program, would it really be that hard to get approved for weapon replicas? Especially considering we are going FULL costume.

It is the policy of L.A.con IV that no real or realistic projectile weapons may be carried anywhere within the convention except during the masquerade or specially approved events.

Is this just for projectile weapons?

In any case, as Mich said, it surely wont be too hard to get permission for them. *looks at BH* :P

Yeah, that's a horrible time to have it. Not only is it on Sunday, not only is it in the hotest part of the day, go to the schedule and look at everything ELSE that's going on Sunday at 1. Who's going to be there save the BwB?

Somehow I pictured this happening early evening one night. Don't know why I had that idea :unsure:

Yeah, I was thinking like Saturday at 4... like a wind-up to the big BwB bash.

Saturday at 4 will not work- people will be needed to set up for the party that night and do any last minute supply runs.

Earlier Sat is possible.

Well that was just a for-instance. Obviously that doesn't make it what's going to happen. :rolleyes:

Archived