Carice Van Houten Strikes Again

Westeros

... in another interview, that is, this time with NY Magazine’s Vulture. There’s some spoilers in there, so beware if you want to stay unspoiled. Here’s the most spoilerish bit, and some speculation below:

“It’s so funny to work with him again. And this time, I get to throw him in a prison. But I better not say too much about Game of Thrones, or Mr. HBO will kill me.”read on >>>

Visit the Site!

Well, technically you don't have to take your bra' off to birth a shadow baby. But starkers in the book means starkers in the show...except for Catelyn.

Interesting she was up for the part of Cersei. I think she would have worked as Cersei, and Lena would have worked as Mel. But I'm happy the way it turned out. Accent-wise I suppose it's better for Carice to be Mel than Cersei. Be weird having a Brit accented dad and a Dutch accented daughter. It's just as well NCW's accent isn't too strong. Would have been quite good to have Northern Europeans as the whole Lannister clan.

I'm not very clear on the sequence of events in the books, I've only read the books once and it's been a while, but isn't Davos ending up in jail at Mellisander's behest from ASOS?

Sounds like structurally that might be Davos' cliffhanger in the season finale?

Damn, I thought the supposed drown would be a better way to end the season for Davos his story arc.

Well, technically you don't have to take your bra' off to birth a shadow baby. But starkers in the book means starkers in the show...except for Catelyn.

Thank the gods :P

Damn, I thought the supposed drown would be a better way to end the season for Davos his story arc.

There might be other doa endings so they did not want to overdo it.

Also Davos ends up being doa qute alot so maybe they are saving it for a diferent season

Sounds like structurally that might be Davos' cliffhanger in the season finale?

Yep. It looks like they are moving a bit of early ASOS plot points into episode 10 - Presumably for the Davos and Jamie storylines.

A Clash of Kings pretty much ends with the aftermath of the Blackwater -- in King's Landing. A lot of the other plot points are left up in the air, like Davos, Jaime, Arya, Jon, etc. As the Blackwater is in episode 9, it is likely that they've brought some of the early ASOS chapters into episode 10.

Wow, I figured they would advance the story some and include some season 3 stuff in this season as they included a bit of season 2 stuff in the end of last season. Folks have to remember this series is $$$ and HBO doesn't have advertisers to help with the bills . . I think they are doing the right thing and I am going to love seeing some of the changes that the Directors/Writers/Producers have in store for us book readers.

I think it would make sense whether they chose to put Davos in jail as a cliffhanger, or before the battle, it wouldn't really ruin the story so much, what comes next to him in ASoS doesn't depend that much on being imprisoned. But I agree it would probably be cheaper to have that as his cliffhanger than his being lost on an island, which only had a purpose in the book, really, because we know how that affects him psychologically.

Yes, and the psychology of this scene would be really really hard to retranscript in images, so I guess they will completely skip these moments.

I actually wonder what will bring him to jail, so, will they keep the fact that he wanted to kill Melisandre or will they change that ?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived