A Thread for Small Questions XV

Angalin

I'm not sure whether Luke Skywalker might have felt the same :D - when he heard his father say those magical words "Come join me. It is your destiny. Together we can rule the world Father and Son." or something to that effect- happy to be corrected here (in Empire Strikes Back)

I'm not sure whether Luke Skywalker might have felt the same :D - when he heard his father say those magical words "Come join me. It is your destiny. Together we can rule the world Father and Son." or something to that effect- happy to be corrected here (in Empire Strikes Back)

But Darth didn't view what he was saying as a bad thing, right? He was saying that the destiny he had in mind for Luke was a good thing. And it was Darth's fate to die after redeeming himself slightly.

What does "dagger" mean here? This is when Lysa was talking to Catelyn so loud that her son woke up.

Small wonder, Catelyn thought; Lysa had almost been shouting. Still, her sister looked daggers at her. “This is your aunt Catelyn, baby. My sister, Lady Stark. Do you remember?”

what are your thoughts on tyrion being a targaryen. aerys was supposed to of lusted for joanna lannister. tyrion speaks of dragon dreams as a boy and shows many of Shiera Seastar traits he has a good mind for books (also a trait of rhagar) and has the mismatched eyes and after falling into the rhyone he dose not catch greyscale were connington dose from pulling him out. dose that give a hint to the dragon blood making him immune from sickness.

Less a question, more of a niggle really and it's all to do with that damned black tom cat with the torn ear! He keeps making an appearance and having just finished ADwD, there he is again terrorising Ser Pounce and the ravens. I strongly suspect that he's not just some random cat amongst the many at the Red Keep. I'm even trying to think of someone with an 'ear issue' who could possibly warg!

Dear me, when I think of all the stuff that went down in ADwD and all I can think about is that cat!

what are your thoughts on tyrion being a targaryen. aerys was supposed to of lusted for joanna lannister. tyrion speaks of dragon dreams as a boy and shows many of Shiera Seastar traits he has a good mind for books (also a trait of rhagar) and has the mismatched eyes and after falling into the rhyone he dose not catch greyscale were connington dose from pulling him out. dose that give a hint to the dragon blood making him immune from sickness.

I do not think that Tyrion is a Targaryen.

1. There's a difference between actual prophetic dragon dreams (like the ones in the D&E stories) and "dreaming of dragons," which in the context of Tyrion, if you read it again, is just, "I dreamed of having a dragon when I was younger." He says it like I might say, "I dreamed of having a pony when I was younger." It's not a "real" dragon dream.

2. Liking to read does not make you a Targaryen.

3. Targaryens are not immune to disease. Daeron II and his grandchildren died in the Great Spring Sickness and other Targs (like Queen Naerys) have been described as weak and sickly. Don't make Dany's mistake and take what Viserys of all people says as the truth.

Less a question, more of a niggle really and it's all to do with that damned black tom cat with the torn ear! He keeps making an appearance and having just finished ADwD, there he is again terrorising Ser Pounce and the ravens. I strongly suspect that he's not just some random cat amongst the many at the Red Keep. I'm even trying to think of someone with an 'ear issue' who could possibly warg!

Dear me, when I think of all the stuff that went down in ADwD and all I can think about is that cat!

The mean, one-eared black tomcat in the Red Keep is Princess Rhaenys black kitten, Balerion.

1. There's a difference between actual prophetic dragon dreams (like the ones in the D&E stories) and "dreaming of dragons," which in the context of Tyrion, if you read it again, is just, "I dreamed of having a dragon when I was younger." He says it like I might say, "I dreamed of having a pony when I was younger." It's not a "real" dragon dream.

3. Targaryens are not immune to disease. Daeron II and his grandchildren died in the Great Spring Sickness and other Targs (like Queen Naerys) have been described as weak and sickly. Don't make Dany's mistake and take what Viserys of all people says as the truth.

The mean, one-eared black tomcat in the Red Keep is Princess Rhaenys black kitten, Balerion.

Ah! So just how old is Balerion and am I right in thinking he may have been 'warged?' His behaviour seems to go beyond the usual cat antics...he's a little bugger!

i think the dragon dreams show the obsession in dragons and not all targaryens would be immune to sickness just like the not all immune to fire

Ah! So just how old is Balerion and am I right in thinking he may have been 'warged?' His behaviour seems to go beyond the usual cat antics...he's a little bugger!

He was a kitten back then so he'd be ... 17-ish now, probably. So old but not too old for a cat.

i think the dragon dreams show the obsession in dragons and not all targaryens would be immune to sickness just like the not all immune to fire

That's not evidence of being a Targaryen. And the one incident that Barristan describes between Joanna and Aerys occurred when Tywin and Joanna got married. Years before Tyrion was even born.

my theroy is simple it is Arya..

1) She chase that cat all over KL when she was training to waterdance....

2) In the blind girl chapter see "sees" the old man through the eyes of a cat

3) She can warg to Nym all the way in the riverlands so why not the cat too

my theroy is simple it is Arya..

1) She chase that cat all over KL when she was training to waterdance....

2) In the blind girl chapter see "sees" the old man through the eyes of a cat

3) She can warg to Nym all the way in the riverlands so why not the cat too

I think if anyone is warging Balerion, it's Bloodraven. And the question was asking about who the cat itself was.

And if it was being warged. Hmm, Arya, Bloodraven...could it even be Rhaenys? I hope we find out, otherwise that cat will bug me for the rest of my days!

Warging is, circumstantially, limited to people who have the blood of the First Men. Rhaenys did not. So I don't think it would be her.

Bran the Builder helped build the Wall and Storm's End and they are imbued with magical blessings. He also built Winterfell and is it mentioned anywhere that is also was blessed?

You know, I don't think Winterfell is specifically said in the books to be "magical," but many readers on here think that it is. That something's going on in the crypts or that "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell" is actually based on some sort of supernatural precedent.

Archived