From Pawn to Player? Rereading Sansa IV

brashcandy

I think a good part of his "you're a child still" comment was also based upon how she was behaving. Shivering and such...she portrayed herself as still a child even if the body was maturing. Tyrion is not an idiot that he can't notice it.

Sandor did....when he made the comment about her teats and then said she was still a child

Raksha the Demon, very accurate words the ones you posted in your last comment. :agree: completley with what you pointed out.

& Christina C, i think it's the "the more you love" trailer, near the end.

As we no longer use the term maiden, a modern example maybe Young Adult of Juvenile. The stage where you are developing, but where sometimes mental maturity is behind physical maturity.

Also the wedding dress the seamstress made is the type of dress a woman would wear, not a girl. The seamstress comments on it. This is another reason why I think they all knew she was too young. Her clothes are children's clothes, but for the wedding they try to make her look older by dressing her up in adult's clothing.

Also how will Sansa feel when she finds out Tyrion was planning on her brother's death to steal her inheritance? I am really puzzled that Tyrion didn't even spare a thought at the mention of Robb's future death, for his poor wife that he seems so desperate to comfort. He doesn't even suggest anything about a truce to his father. His whole goal centers around wiping out the last of Sansa's family.

Agreed :( While my heart broke for Tyrion on multiple occasion by the treatment he received from Tywin, Cersei and Joffrey, it was noted his ability to spare others the same treatment was limited.

Tyrion is caught up in an internal circle-jerk hell he hasn't broken free from. Im hoping he does, though. There's signs of it in ADWD.

Jaime stood up to his father and said "no". He was willing to lose (and did lose) whatever love and respect he had of his father's and sister's.

Right now, at this point in the series, Tyrion isn't willing to do that. He is still desperately trying to gain the love and approval of a cold man.

I truly hope Jaime finds Sansa and helps put things to right. Then he can find Tyrion and put all that to right

I truly hope Jaime finds Sansa and helps put things to right. Then he can find Tyrion and put all that to right

I always get the feeling that the Lannisters are a hopelessly tragic family. I can honestly see no way back for them from the bitterness, blame and fear that has infected their relations. This is the fundamental difference between them and the Starks, as the latter have always managed to keep that sense of goodwill and attachment even while being separated. Winterfell is seen as a home of pleasant memories and familial ties, rather than simply a claim or possession like Casterly Rock. There is hope for the Starks, but I see none for the Lannisters at the end of ADWD.

This is something that is very different for me than for many other posters: i never root for the future of families, like "the Starks", "the Lannisters" or "the Tulllys". To me it is always the single character I am interested in, no matter that the ones I like best may be part of very different groups, families and alliances. So there is not a "side" I want to win or lose. I like several single characters and specific personalities and root for them in the story , not even expecting that they should "win". Is my point of view so very different from others?

Sorry, off topic but I always wanted to know.

Well personally I do root for the Starks, but in this instance I was merely highlighting that while I can see the Starks being able to reconnect and find happiness as a group in the future, I see no such possibilty for the Lannisters. Their history of violence, cruelty, deceit and power struggles does not bode well for love and understanding at the end of the series. Of course it may not happen for the Starks either, but I only see that happening if they never meet up again.

A little weekend fun:

So I just realised that ASOS was filled wih some really fucked up weddings - Sansa's, Edmure's (sobbing for ever for my sweet Robb :crying: :crying:) and then Joff's.

The latter two were accorded the names the Red Wedding and the Purple wedding, but AFAIK Sansa's wedding wasn't given a title. So let's get our minds to working and find one that fits the travesty and sham of a ceremony it really was.

My picks:

The Black wedding (fitting in with the colour scheme of the other two and Sansa's mood)

The fool's Wedding (Sansa ain't bending for your stinky cloak Tyrion!!)

The Sham wedding (pretty literal)

Which trailer shows a run-in between shae and sansa????

Your going to have to look through them, there's one with Shae and Sansa (very quick) and another with Cat and LF and Cat has a dagger, they may both be in the same clip.

Well personally I do root for the Starks, but in this instance I was merely highlighting that while I can see the Starks being able to reconnect and find happiness as a group in the future, I see no such possibilty for the Lannisters. Their history of violence, cruelty, deceit and power struggles does not bode well for love and understanding at the end of the series. Of course it may not happen for the Starks either, but I only see that happening if they never meet up again.

Don't you wonder how they may have changed if Joanna was still alive?

Archived