Richest Characters or organizations

Batman

Who exactly are the wealthiest charcters in the series? Obviously Twin and the Iron Bank are up there, how do you think they compare to Baelish and Illyrio and Mace Tyrell? The Crown revenues have been hampered by poor spending, but it seems that the interest from the loans is what is weighing them down. They enjoy a tax percentage of what every lord earns so, what do you think?

Iron Bank like said before. I'm assuming their money is loaned throughout Westeros and all the Free Cities as well. Possibly as far as Slaver's Bay and Qarth. They are probably the backbone of the world economy

What about a top 5 or 10, how do you think they stack up? Does all the gold of Casterly Rock get near the Iron Bank? Does Littlefingers Warren Buffett like skill beat the Tyrells old style coin earning techniques?

What about a top 5 or 10, how do you think they stack up? Does all the gold of Casterly Rock get near the Iron Bank? Does Littlefingers Warren Buffett like skill beat the Tyrells old style coin earning techniques?

Didn't they say Littlefinger seemed to be able to pull gold out of thin air? If so, he is the best money maker. I also believe some Essos characters in Slaver's Bay (not sure on the names, they all confuse me) said they were even richer than the Lannisters, but that could be pure bragging. I'd say Casterly Rock's gold doesn't equal the Iron Bank, or even close. Thats the impression I get on the matter.

Iron Bank for sure. But for Westeros.. I'm thinking that Highgarden might be as wealthy as the Westerlands. Even with their gold mines.

Maybe because the Lannisters have probably loaned more than the Tyrells. But normally, I do believe they say the Lannisters are in fact richer than the Tyrells. The Reach as a whole might have more wealth than the Westerlands, however.

In AFFC, Sam recalls his pops saying that the Hightowers were as rich as the Lannisters (But this may be a little exaggeration).

Also, I forget who, but someone (shavepate maybe) tells Dany that the Wise Masters (er, one of those groups of slavers) were "richer than your westerosi lords, every one."

I don't think LF has that much money. Sure he's probably wealthy, but not massively so.

Agree here, but he theoretically has the chance to make a lot more. Come spring, if he still holds Harrenhal and its lands (doubtful, but possible), he would be able to reap the wealth from that. And Harrenhal is on some wealthy land. Not to mention the brothels. He'll probably never be Tywin Lannister rich, but he could be intensely wealthy in the future.

It seems the wealthy men like the merchant princes, the Wise Masters, and Magister Illyrio are much wealthier than the Westerosi Lords. Maybe the Hightowers, Lannisters, and the Manderlys can come close to their Essos counterparts, but the other Lords seem to be solely dependent on taxes on agricultural goods rather than trade.

In AFFC, Sam recalls his pops saying that the Hightowers were as rich as the Lannisters (But this may be a little exaggeration)

Even if it's a slight exaggeration, which is anything but certain, you then add in:

Extreme autonomy, way less in expenditures, long-standing ability to keep out of expensive wars, large degree of control over the Citadel, etc.

They seem REALLY hooked into an amazing situation. Honestly, and it'll never happen, but of all the secondary houses in Westeros, Highower would be the one who could easily become a major one if it wanted. Hightower commands somewhere between 10000 and 30000 spears alone, depending on the reading.

They're sort of the sleeping giant of Westeros, imo.

Even if it's a slight exaggeration, which is anything but certain, you then add in:

Extreme autonomy, way less in expenditures, long-standing ability to keep out of expensive wars, large degree of control over the Citadel, etc.

They seem REALLY hooked into an amazing situation. Honestly, and it'll never happen, but of all the secondary houses in Westeros, Highower would be the one who could easily become a major one if it wanted. Hightower commands somewhere between 10000 and 30000 spears alone, depending on the reading.

They're sort of the sleeping giant of Westeros, imo.

Ive always thought that about Hightowers but sadly theyre like the Night's Watch and don't get involved in the wars of Westeros. That is actually a smart move considering that there might be a more important war coming from the North and they'll need every spear available

I'm not messing with organizations, because of course the Iron Bank is richer than any one person or family.

1. Cercei Lannister. - Tywin is dead. Jaime is KG, so he cant inherit the family wealth. It must got to Cercei, since Tyrion is wanted for treason.

2. Illyrio - Must have some serious wealth with his connections to the slave trade and prostitution.

3. Mace Tyrell - he is Lord Paramount to the most valuable serfdom in the Seven Kingdoms.

4. Paxter Redwine - Supplies the entire worls with his fine wines. Probably makes money off of his shipping fleet as well.

5.This one is pretty tough, but probably either Prince Doran Martell, or possibly even "Sweetrobin" Arryn.

Archived