Who is your favorite character portrayal so far for Season 2?

Kyle Foster

Richard Madden as Robb.

Patrick Malahide as Balon Greyjoy.

Tom Wlaschiha as Jaqen H'ghar

Maisie Williams as Arya

Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister.

I haven't seen enough of NCW as Jaime this season to judge, but he was certainly a favourite of mine in season 1.

Like everyone I am lovin me some Theon this season. I agree that he could take home an Emmy.

I love the actor who plays Maester Luwin, he did brilliantly in the newest episode staring down Theon and it's exactly how I pictured him!

Jaqen's actor is sexy! I wonder how they will change his face, if they even do.

Not a fan of Melisandre or Stannis yet. Both flat portrayals thus far.

Although I love Dany, Emilia Clarke's acting was a little lackluster in the most recent episode. But as far as looks she's dead on for me.

Xaro....no. I did not picture him looking like that guy at all but more handsome and I'd like to see his bejeweled beak.

Charles Dance - he is awesome

Maisie Williams - she is just so talented, it's gret

And I like the actress playing Brienne very much - B. is one of my the books characters, I like most and I hoped, they would find a good actress for her and they did. Davos and Stannis are both very good - and Xaro (surprisingly - I found him a little dull in the books, but his actor is brilliant)

GoT is one of those rare tv shows, where nearly every character is portrayed by a really good actor/actress.

I flipped to the books as soon as i saw the 1st episode but picked the series back up once I got myself a book ahead so I haven't/hadn't had too much time to formulate all of the characters in my head. For readers of the books who had read several books prior to watching the series I guess it is east to be dissapointed with character portrayal if it doesn't match up to the one in your own imagination.

Have to admit i've been very impressed with the protrayal of a number of the characters.

Tyrion is absolute superb and probably portrayed better than just about anybody in the series.

Charles Dance as Tywin is perfect for the role and he has captured the noble and somewhat cold and ruthless streak i have seen so far from him in the books (i'm half-way throught the 3rd book)

I think Maisie Williams as Arya (my favourite character in the book after Tyrion) is also right on the money.

Honorable mention to a number of the others. I think Sansa is also very good, I like the laid back ruthlessness of Bronn and Samwell Tarly is also very well casted (sorry that none of these are actually new to series two). Varys is spot on, I like Baelish and I want to puch the shi...te out of Joffrey (as I do when I read the books) so they have got the scrawny little spawn of evil (getting angry writing this!) spot on as well.

Have to agree with those who find Stannis a bit wooden and I personally find Dany a bit like that as well. I wasn't at all keen on Robert in series one (I can't get past the actor being the fat lad in 'the full monty' all those years ago!) Am not the biggest fan of Melisandre and neither am I enamored with the casting of Cat.

On the whole though I think they are doing a fantastic job and it's great to see so many good British actors in there. Anyone remember Gendry from the first series of Skins!?

Any love for Dolorous Motherfucking Edd? He gets my vote despite his lack of screentime. Hilarious!

Alfie Allen really upped the ante as Theon.

Maisie Williams continues to impress as Arya, as does Peter Dinklage with Tyrion, Jack Gleeson as Joffrey.

Eugene Simon's Lancel Lannister is perfectly ultra-foppish.

Yoren was also great. Too many to name :( But those are the first to come to my mind.

Not enough Michelle Fairley love in this thread. She does a brilliant job as Catelyn, real powerhouse performance in a lot of scenes. Such a character would easily come off as annoying on screen (as a lot of people find her in the book), but I think she is really adding depth to her characters' tragedy. Can't wait to the scene where she finds out Bran and Rickon have been "killed", gonna be a great time for Fairley to shine (not to mention the RW, but that's a year up the road).

I totally forgot about Fairley.I never liked Caetlyn in the books and Fairley was the one who made me like her.It looks like she is Richard Madden's mother when talking to him.But still it's her character that isn't much attractive.Since everyone is posting lists of characters and not the most favorite(It seems I understood it wrong),here's mine:

1st-Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister

2nd-Maisie Williams as Arya Stark

(i was so happy when the storyline was changed and Arya became Tywin's cupbearer)

3rd-Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister and Aidan Gillen as Petyr Baelish

Unclassified(I simply like them,never thought of ranking)in alphabetical order:Alfie Allen(Theon),Jerome Flynn(Bronn),Liam Cunningham(Davos),Michelle Fairley(Caetlyn),Patrick Malahide(Balon),Rory McCann(Sandor Clegane),Tom Wlaschiha(Jaqen H'Ghar)

Pretty sure Dinklage is the only actor with e shot at an Emmy again, based on who was nominated and screen time, but I really think Maisie Williams, Lena Headey & Alfie Allen have put in my favorite performances of the season.

Charles Dance, Patrick Malahide, Dinklage, Jack Gleeson, Sophie Turner and Michelle Fairley have been spectacular as well, and pretty much everyone is a very good actor, but those three have really made some great scenes very special.

Pretty sure Dinklage is the only actor with e shot at an Emmy again, based on who was nominated and screen time, but I really think Maisie Williams, Lena Headey & Alfie Allen have put in my favorite performances of the season. Charles Dance, Patrick Malahide, Dinklage, Jack Gleeson, Sophie Turner and Michelle Fairley have been spectacular as well, and pretty much everyone is a very good actor, but those three have really made some great scenes very special.

I wouldn't be suprised if Jack Gleeson earned a nomination. If making the entire world hate you in a morally ambiguous TV show isn't enough, I dont know what is.

Archived