Theon's Future

Ser Sweets

If he doesn´t confess that he didn´t actually kill Bran and Rickon and perhaps proves this in some way, then I think he´s a dead man. All the northerners who are with Stannis and most likely the Umbers, the Manderleys etc. will demand his head for the crime he´s commited. If Bran/Rickon makes an appearance then I don´t really know what will happen to him, Stannis probably wants to kill him anyway and I hope he does.

Well, as for the Manderly's; Wyman Manderly knows that Rickon is alive, though I'm not sure that information has travelled to his relatives?

Childkiller though he might be, Theon is an interesting character. I hope he doesn't die - at least not so early in TWoW. >:

I believe poor Theon's ships are well and truly burned (no pun intended, but if it works for you, eh). The culture of the Ironborn only values strength. Theon had trouble fitting in with them when he was whole and healthy, if he returned to the Islands he'd be a complete outcast and even more of a figure of mockery than he was before. (This is assuming that there are Ironborn to go back to after the Euron debacle.) There's no one left of his foster family, he let enemies into his childhood home and caused it to be sacked and burned. He's hated in the north. He's known as a turncloak and a kinslayer throughout Westeros. His sister is the only person who would take him in but she's a prisoner himself. Death would be a release for him.

I wish he could find redemption & live but that is just not GRRM's style and since no one including Theon is revealing the true about Bran & Rickon I'm afraid he will be burned alive for a crime he did not commit. (killing the Stark boys)

Here's a tid-bit that might be of interest:

Stannis:

“I know the cost! Last night, gazing into that hearth, I saw things in the flames as well. I saw a king, a crown of fire on his brows, burning... burning, Davos. His own crown consumed his flesh and turned him into ash. Do you think I need Melisandre to tell me what that means? Or you?” The king moved, so his shadow fell upon King’s Landing. “If Joffrey should die... what is the life of one bastard boy against a kingdom?”

Edit: ... So does something maybe go horribly wrong at the tree? e.g. God of fire does not appreciate Stannis making such a tasty sacrafice to the old gods instead of him? Stannis gets Ice protection as a 'gift' maybe so he can function better in the cold harsh north... but the god of fire burns his head off...? Although it might not be quite that literal...

In his own words, The Gods Are Not Done With Him.

His chapters in ADWD were some of the best written and most interesting chapters in the series, so I think he lives at least as long as GRRM is feeling that particular literary groove. He's also our P.O.V. on Stannis' actions, now, so that should keep him around for a while.

Theon's missing fingers will prevent him from ever firing a longbow again. Crossbows are still on the table, though...

This would be a terrible tradeoff - the most interesting and well developed character currently sacrificed for the most boring.

LOL.

Okay, I actually like Jon as a character, but through ADWD I was -excited- whenever I got to a Reek POV. I didn't have that with Jon.

I dont ever see Theon as able to be a commander or leader again, and he obviously cant fight anymore withut his bowstring fingers.

I think the best use for him now is to soak the weirwood roots with his kingblood...

Sacraficing aside. He's perfect for the NW and was keen on the idea before shit hit the fan...

The NW needs good bowmen... 1 x Theon, even at his best would not help much... But he could teach? If he has been gelded then the vows arent so difficult to swallow either...

How many fingers does he have left? I'm not sure... Aiming a bow and pulling the string could be quite hard for him.

Not enough to be able to use a bow again, he specifically states that in ADWD. As much as I dislike him, that was heartbreaking.

His injuries could be healed with some magic via Bran and the Weirwood if he atones for his crimes by saving what remains of his house and helping to fight the others.

To me, that would be jumping the shark. I can deal with dead characters coming back, but magically regrowing body parts? No, thank you.

I think Asha will try to use him as a pawn to gain power for herself.

I agree and I hope she's successful.

I don't see him surviving for much longer.

I'm not sure if i think that's a bad thing, either.

IMO he deserves to either be put out of his misery quickly, poor guy, or he should just be allowed to live somewhere in peace(yeah like that's gonna happen after everything he's accused of... :rolleyes: ), because I don't see him ever entering "the game" again in any way, he's just too damaged.

we have invested a lot of time in Theon. he has come through a lot. he may be a good person at the end of all of this. a good ruler.

GRRM also told us that you can object to a Kingsmoot if you were not present.

Theon can dispute Euron's rule. I want to see him in the Seastone chair, then bow the knee to one of the Starks he apparently killed =)

we have invested a lot of time in Theon. he has come through a lot. he may be a good person at the end of all of this. a good ruler.

Theon can dispute Euron's rule. I want to see him in the Seastone chair, then bow the knee to one of the Starks he apparently killed =)

Pretty much this.

I didn't care for Theon in any way pre-Reek'ing; I felt a little sorry for him towards the end of his 'rule' in Winterfell but that was about it.

But I think all that he's been through could shape him into a good guy. Most of the emotionally intelligent and reasonable people I know have been through some serious shit along the way to becoming those amazing people.

Either that, or he's truly broken, but his resilience towards the end of ADWD indicates otherwise to me.

I think the saying of the ironmen "What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger" is very important when you look at Theon's future. Theon almost died and even forgot his own name during the time he was tortured. He was almost dead, but now he remembers and is "reborn" and probably will rise again harder and stronger.

His skill with bows will probably be important. I think it's very likely that Theon will try to shoot an arrow in a dragon's eye. Or maybe he will ride a dragon and shoot from there?

I don't really think so, but could Theon even be Azor Ashai? He was born "amidst smoke and salt" in Pyke and he was reborn in Winterfell after he remembered his name...

(Sorry, English is not my native tongue and my English is really bad...)

Archived