Theon's Future

Ser Sweets

Theon has grown on me during Clash, the struggle between Robb and Balon, quite interesting. I hope he lives, and dies heroically. Argh, that's just wishful thinking, Ramsay will catch him and doggy-style him to death, yeah, disgusting, be we know GRRM.

I personally think that Theon is more entrenched in the old gods than even he realizes. I still think he has a part to play - although I'm not sure to what capacity.

Jaime's maiming spurred an evolution in his character I think Theon will do the same. And as the mill boys were savaged by Reek I'm not sure how much Theon had to say about the matter? Anyone have any clearer recollection on how much Theon actually played a part in it? Part of me wants to think that Reek/Ramsay did it and since it was already done Theon just agreed to use them as fill in.

Theon’s sacrificial death at the weirwood will be the price paid for Jon’s life.

I’m hesitant about this possibility given that a great deal went into laying out the groundwork for overturning the king’s moot in one of Asha’s chapters.

I’m hesitant about this possibility given that a great deal went into laying out the groundwork for overturning the king’s moot in one of Asha’s chapters.

That's what I came to say! It seems fairly obvious that Theon is Asha's trump card to overthrow Euron. By then, many Ironborn might be fed up with Euron's particular brand of leadership and with his ambitions, and they would gladly choose to vote for Theon, with Asha being the equivalent of his Hand.

He wil be used to make the kingsmoot invalid and make them have a new one when Eurons support have weakend. He will not be choosen but Vic or Asha might be and after that I hope he gets to die a warriors death or actually becomes castellan of winterfell (yes, Theon fan here.).

Why shouldn't Theon be choosen to become King of the Ironislands? He just needs one heroic thing and the Ironborn will follow him. He is the rightful heir and most of the Ironborn probably thinks that attacking Winterfell was bold and surviving all of this very hard.

Why shouldn't Theon be choosen to become King of the Ironislands? He just needs one heroic thing and the Ironborn will follow him. He is the rightful heir and most of the Ironborn probably thinks that attacking Winterfell was bold and surviving all of this very hard.

I agree. Theon's brothers treated him like shit before Winterfell and then his father treated him like shit after Winterfell. Then came Ramsay:( Theon's suffered enough and deserves a home of his own before he dies. Jeyne and him both deserve some peace and solace and I hope they find it with each other.

I think thats how how wins the kingsmoot: See what happend to me and yet here I stand. Am I weak? No, I'M not.

If things proceed"smoothly" (which they may not), an execution at Stannis's hands isn't too terrible a fate. It's a cleaner end than Theon's given a fair few other people, at any rate.

thats why I think Asha pleaded to stannis that theon at least dies this way -It was the only mercy she could give him. IMHO thank and hopefully Wyman an branwill have a say in the matter

I think thats how how wins the kingsmoot: See what happend to me and yet here I stand. Am I weak? No, I'M not.

IMO they look more for the presence of a positive than absence of negative. Ironborn don't seem the type to be moved by triumph-of-the-human-sprit stories.

Whether Bran or Rickon show up or not, he will burn in R'hllor's fires. He is after all the son of a king. But I believe he will do something that will allow him to die with a sense of having regained his dignity.

I don't believe Theon would accept the throne of the Iron Islands. His guilt ove the men, women and children (the Miller's boys) he has betrayed will make him feel unworthy. I think he would accept the fires of R'hllor (sic) in order to make amends.

I believe poor Theon's ships are well and truly burned (no pun intended, but if it works for you, eh). The culture of the Ironborn only values strength. Theon had trouble fitting in with them when he was whole and healthy, if he returned to the Islands he'd be a complete outcast and even more of a figure of mockery than he was before. (This is assuming that there are Ironborn to go back to after the Euron debacle.) There's no one left of his foster family, he let enemies into his childhood home and caused it to be sacked and burned. He's hated in the north. He's known as a turncloak and a kinslayer throughout Westeros. His sister is the only person who would take him in but she's a prisoner himself. Death would be a release for him.

Kinslayer?

Even if the boys he killed were his bastards, people probably wouldn't know.

• 8 months later...

The best scenario I can envisage for Theon is that Wyman Manderly proves that the Starks are alive, and Theon is sent to the Wall., to live out his days as a steward.

More likely is that Stannis will execute him to please the northmen

I'm banking on this as well--either it's the Wall or execution.

Archived