[BOOK AND TV SPOILERS] Larry's reviews at OtakuAssemble.

Arkash

If it's really just because he isn't interested in the show anymore, that's fine, I don't blame him, it happens. If it's more what he hinted at in the video about how he doesn't like that people just watch his GoT stuff and don't watch all his videos, well, that's a bit like Doritos discontinuing sale of its Nacho Cheese flavored chips to try to boost sales of its Intense Pickle flavored chips.

Sorry Larry.

It sounded like a mixture to me. He's annoyed that people aren't watching his other stuff, but only because he likes GOT the least. And I can understand that frustration - imagine pouring so much passion into these shows, but the majority anyone ever sees of you is grumpy and complaining. But then I have no idea what he's like in his other reviews. In any case I'm pretty sure his final impetus for quitting the show (before changing his mind apparently.) was because he wasn't enjoying it. He said in his E9 video that he didn't even want to watch the show let alone review it, so the fact that his GOT reviews are "too popular" compared to his other shows wasn't the main problem imo.

EDIT: Wait, wait, wait? Intense Pickle Doritos actually exist? :eek:

I'm less certain. I was expecting a bout of enthusiasm from him when Dany turned her dragons and Unsullied on Astapor. Instead, he basically noted it in the course of 3 seconds at the end of that week's review, without much interest.

I think he's just spent. He doesn't care about GoT anymore. Not even the fist-pumping moments.

Yeah, he only seems to care about his theories coming true. I used to love his season 1 reviews (and his season 2 ones to a lesser extent), but now the What the Flick reviews have taken his place as my favorite GOT recaps.

Yeah, he only seems to care about his theories coming true. I used to love his season 1 reviews (and his season 2 ones to a lesser extent), but now the What the Flick reviews have taken his place as my favorite GOT recaps.

His best reviews imo where the first half of season 1, and his season 2 reviews. He was far too nooby during the first few weeks to give much insight, whereas going into season 2 he was at least a lot more analytical and had some of that enthusiasm yet.

I need to give these What the Flick guys another go. Seems everyone's raving about them.

EDIT: Byron and Dino are pretty good. They managed to guess the Ironborn going for reinforcements from the east, even though that won't happen til the end of next season.

It's not even just that he doesn't get it. It's that he doesn't get it because he's too busy clinging onto what he wants the show to be. Not getting it because he analyzes it differently or interprets things uniquely wouldn't lose him any viewers, I think. But it's devolved into recaps and complaining. In addition to just glossing over the big important things...

What the flick is good if Cenk is there, he's really into it and offers good insights. The host doesn't really offer much except to make fun of the guy who dared read a book

Completely disagree with Cenk politically, but I can't help but watch almost anything he is in. I really do love the guy.

I haven't watched the review, but seeing as many are stating they found the episode underwhelming, I assume it's 27 minutes of him whining.

I'm not going to bother watching it. I can't imagine he says anything I'm interested in hearing.

He thought the finale was decent and he even mentions some stories he is interested in, but then says he doesn't think he will keep watching the show but that things may change in ten months.

there is no way he's going to quit watching. He knows so much about the show, people like that don't just quit

It has become unwatchable, so I'm fine with it being the end for him

He now treats it like he's teaching a screen writing class, which is no fun at all. And it's so hard to take serious when he constantly comes off as a moron. Cathargic? What does THAT mean, Larry?

I stopped watching his reviews after season 2 but I did check to see his Rains of Castamere review. It was meh. I will say though that even though he is not liking the show, his reason for dislike for the show is different than many on this board. The things he criticizes are events that happened in the books, for instance he criticized the whole concept of the "Red Wedding" and how Walder should not have been the one to kill him but rather Tywin. What the Flick is pretty good, Afterbuzz is decent too.

Archived