[BOOK AND TV SPOILERS] Larry's reviews at OtakuAssemble.

Arkash

The Reviews I really enjoyed for This Episode (S3E9) So far - In no specific order.

WatchWithPoppy

2 parter

Thanks for the references. "Ooh-taku Assem-boow! Weakly." I used to look forward to Larry's reviews for his passion and investment in the Stark family but his vitriol was too much. A lot of folks have disliked Sansa so I won't deny him his. But he was way too invested in predicting storylines and then got stuck complaining about things not going according to his liking. And there's so much going on in GoT that I understand when regular viewers mistake characters and events, but Larry was often at a loss for goings-on in the latest episodes. These alternative reviews are easily more balanced and thorough w/o lacking attitude or a positive attitude toward continuing to watch. And we need all the positives we can muster when it comes to this series. Poor Larry was just ill-equiped to play this game.

I think he's a bit misguided on a lot of stuff... but hey, he's just one fan. I don't really watch his stuff cos when I do I just disagree a lot BUT the "They killed my nigga ned" video is one of my all time favourites hahah.

If I had to rank my favorite post Thrones programming....

1: What The Flick

2: Shooting The Shit

3: Game of Owns (podcast)

4: Afterbuzz

5: IGN

6: Think Hero

7: Anime Real Talk

8: Thronecast

Is it just me that thinks Thronecast gets a bad rap? The host gives it a go, I'm ashamed to say I even find him funny sometimes bless him. And they get some nice interviews. That female journalist they get on is awful though, she has no clue what she's on about.

Has he ever given a reason why he disables comments? Honestly, I can't take anyone who limits discussion of his content seriously.

Because he does his reviews for NON-BOOK READERS, and YouTube is dark and full of spoilers. In fact, he was spoiled on Robb and Cat's deaths back in season one.

Completely disagree with Cenk politically, but I can't help but watch almost anything he is in. I really do love the guy.

Agree! I also hold a grudge against Turks in general for 1453, so it's a double whammy. Cenk is great.

They have their last review up and it's pretty good. My fears are realized though, and everyone hates Stannis. I wish the book reader guy would have interjected in favour of Stannis, but alas I think he's a Daenerys fanboy.

Here is the latest WhatTheFlick

I've seen plenty of other reviews that correctly identify Stannis is a grey character. The entire point of the framing of the scene shows him to be stuck between Davos and Mel - it's too bad the what the flick people missed the point.

Even the WhatTheFlick guys just say he's a pain in the ass even if he's a completely in the middle, grey character.

They don't say he's a villain just that they aren't really rooting for him.

I think that's the issue - Stannis obsessors are mad that some people watching the show aren't as obsessed with Stannis as they are

Agree! I also hold a grudge against Turks in general for 1453, so it's a double whammy. Cenk is great.

They have their last review up and it's pretty good. My fears are realized though, and everyone hates Stannis. I wish the book reader guy would have interjected in favour of Stannis, but alas I think he's a Daenerys fanboy.

Really I got the opposite impression, I think he implied that Dany could go insane in one review episode this season. I agree though Cenk is awesomeness in this show. A loud, passionate Capital A American lol - he's great.

I think that's the issue - Stannis obsessors are mad that some people watching the show aren't as obsessed with Stannis as they are

Really? Do you actually think the producers are nailing Stannis character? Of course TV Stannis is also a grey character, but not for the same reasons. Mel didn't have to convince him about going to the North. He made that decision himself.

Really I got the opposite impression, I think he implied that Dany could go insane in one review episode this season. I agree though Cenk is awesomeness in this show. A loud, passionate Capital A American lol - he's great.

Don't know which episode it was, but he moaned and groaned that "Khaleesi" wasn't in it.

Personally, I think of Daenerys as more interesting with Mad King traits than as a crowdsurfing white liberator (show) or swooning brat (books).

Don't know which episode it was, but he moaned and groaned that "Khaleesi" wasn't in it.

Personally, I think of Daenerys as more interesting with Mad King traits than as a crowdsurfing white liberator (show) or swooning brat (books).

I have only watched recent half of season 3 reviews. Always felt the opposite.

I'm sure you do :-) .

I don't know how you people can watch 90 minute reviews of something 50 minutes long. haha

A 90 minute review for the whole season would make sense, but for a single episode?

That's almost as ludicris to me as Todd In The Shadows 20 minute reviews of 3 minute pop songs. haha

I dont watch tv so I have a lot of time on my hands XD....Their review was phenomenal, I cant wait till next season when the Martells(Atleast Oberyn) show up, and Joffrey gets it early....cant wait. I think

I don't know how you people can watch 90 minute reviews of something 50 minutes long. haha

A 90 minute review for the whole season would make sense, but for a single episode?

That's almost as ludicris to me as Todd In The Shadows 20 minute reviews of 3 minute pop songs. haha

Discussion of a thing tends to go on longer than the thing itself. Summarizing what happened and then discussing it. Whereas when it happens, it just happens. So I don't see the problem.

Archived