[BOOK/TV SPOILERS] TWOP n00bs Thread II

Xray the Enforcer

you shouldnt be posting on that specific forum if you are spoiled, when 'bookwalkers' have posted it has really annoyed them and understandabley so, some don't even watch trailers/access special features on dvd's to remain unspoiled.

Can't wait for their reactions to this season should be epic.

yeah, i wasn't planning on posting in that particular topic.

Yes, it does take their Admin some lengthy time to ok a new acct, sometimes weeks. You can post in any thread except the 'Completely Unspoiled.' If you post in that thread and someone turns you in (which they will), you'd get banned from the site altogether, your acct deleted.

yeah I know about the unspoiled thread. i just want to post in other topics and for other tv shows. thanks for giving me a time frame. i had no idea it would take weeks :/

edit - oh i'm sorry, i thought this was america.

i agree. some people have "predicted" things to happen off information from the books but hasn't been given in the show. for example, some guy had a "theory" on jon's parentage and everything he said was what book readers think. he even said rhaegar was married and not once was that mentioned in the show. bran said "rhaegar kidnapped lyanna" and that's all that was ever mentioned about him on the show.

Rules for this thread from Mod XRay the Enforcer:

Posters in this thread

Please abide by these rules:

We do not

name any TWoP by his/her username.

We do not

[accuse TWoP posters of being bookwalkers or otherwise being dishonest cheats. That constitutes 'gossiping' and 'talking behind their backs' about members of another website, and our mods will close us down for that. Who is or isn't a bookwalker over at TWoP is THEIR business, not ours.

We do not

air any beefs or grievances with the TWoP site here. If you've been banned from there, or think their policies are unfair or whatever your beef with them, take it up with them. Don't bring it here.

New posters to this thread

If you see another member here whinging and posting negative comments about their personal complaints against TWoP, or violating the above rules, report the post. Thank you.

Hi everyone, good to read you all!

back for the season...

our friends at TWoP are raising very valid questions about why Tywin hasn't remarried to secure a Lannister heir after Jaime joined the Kingsguard. Hmmmm.

You could almost put that as a topic here, in this forums.

They are very clever.

I don't think they even know they are called Unsullied. They call themselves "spitballers".

Hah, I did search, and yes they DO call themselves 'Unsullied'. Here's a recent quote from one of them below:

"Greetings fellow Watchers! I've managed to avoid the hordes of BookWalkers (who have now infested both my workplace and my family) all off-season long, while remaining Nearly Completely Unsullied (curse you, inflight magazine and your treacherous spoilery cast photos!). Glad to see everyone getting ready for S3!"

So yes, I can't wait to see their reaction when they realize that's a book term all along.

Now here is a truly dedicated Unsullied !! Got off the bus and walked to work in order to try to stay 'pure.' Then a co-worker deliberately spoiled her anyway, bummer! (All this deliberate spoiling reminds me of back in the Harry Potter days, people were lined up at bookstores at midnight to get a copy of Half Blood Prince, and carloads of guys were driving back and forth yelling 'Snape kills Dumbledore!! Snape kills Dumbledore!!') I guess some folks just can't stand being 'in the know' and keeping the info to themselves.

I have been very successful in avoiding all the trailers and interviews. And then, two days ago, I was spoiled twice in the same day:-( First at 6:45 am. The bus driver was talking on his cell about a cliffhanger that kept him awake. When I realized what I was hearing, I got off the bus and managed to stay relatively unspoiled.

Then at lunchtime I was explaining why I had to walk to work. A co-worker thought I was being childish. He said that it was just a spoiler, not the end of the world and to prove his point he spoiled something big for me.

(All this deliberate spoiling reminds me of back in the Harry Potter days, people were lined up at bookstores at midnight to get a copy of Half Blood Prince, and carloads of guys were driving back and forth yelling 'Snape kills Dumbledore!! Snape kills Dumbledore!!') I guess some folks just can't stand being 'in the know' and keeping the info to themselves.

Oh God, I remember this exact same thing happening to me, completely ruined that night for me. :dunce: Although on the flip side, it also feels horrible when my uncle (unsullied) says "I can't wait for Robb to get to WF and show them all who's really king!" :crying:

Oh I'm so happy I remained unspoilled for Harry Potter ! But I thank that to the fact I read the books in English in France, I was the first of my entourage to read them, so that helped !

But I felt so terrible for this Unsullied who got so ridiculously spoiled on something big when I read it ! I really hope it aint something THAT big and something that will happen very early.

I really hope it wasnt a "Hey, Robb will die at a wedding !" or "Hey, Jaime will get his hand chopped !"

Agree, Arkash. Beyond Harry Potter or GoT, it makes you just sit back and shake your head at human nature--why? Where's the fun in just being... mean? How is it 'fun' to spoil someone else's pleasure? It's beyond me, depressing, actually. On the upside, a couple days left til Ep. 1 and then the Unsullied thread will explode with theories, insights, guesses, tin-foil hat conspiracies, and... the fun BEGINS!

I am also looking forward to reading their comments. I learned about the TWOP thread only after season 2 was already over. Now it'll be the first time I watch their comments in real time. Can't wait for their reactions to episode 9 :devil:

Also, there's another good thread of unspoiled non-readers in NeoGAF. It's not as good as TWOP, but it's still great:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529128

So sweet... a crush on Jorah... :love:

I'd be just peachy if she wound up with someone who was altogether wrong as a consort in everyone's opinion but her own. Um, which is not to say I have anyone specific in mind, like a certain exiled knight who would never betray her... uh, AGAIN. *whistles*

(I am so, so going to get my heart broken, I know it.)

As to Dany winding up 'with someone who was altogether wrong...' Yup, but it ain't Jorah (I'm lookin' at you, Daario)

So this is a thread speculating on the TWOP speculation threads? Awesome. What an awesome idea.

:) Actually, I'd say we don't so much 'speculate' on their speculations, as 'observe' and enjoy them. We've all read the books--some of us have read the books many times over--thus, we know what's going to happen, every step of the way. We know the hidden motivations of the various characters, their betrayals, their ambitions, their shadowed histories (insomuch as GRRM has confided them to us in the books). Being able to sit back after each tv episode and 'observe' the impressions of smart, witty people who are very much invested in the show, but who know nothing at all about what's going to come next, is... fun. Its a way to enjoy the whole story all over again, through newcomers' eyes. Very much as though the tv episode is the main meal, and then observing the newcomers' reactions and speculations is the dessert.

It's also nice for people, like me, who had major plot points of the story spoiled before opening/finishing the books. Now I get to live vicariously through those who've been lucky enough to experience the story with innocence.

:) Actually, I'd say we don't so much 'speculate' on their speculations, as 'observe' and enjoy them. We've all read the books--some of us have read the books many times over--thus, we know what's going to happen, every step of the way. We know the hidden motivations of the various characters, their betrayals, their ambitions, their shadowed histories (insomuch as GRRM has confided them to us in the books). Being able to sit back after each tv episode and 'observe' the impressions of smart, witty people who are very much invested in the show, but who know nothing at all about what's going to come next, is... fun. Its a way to enjoy the whole story all over again, through newcomers' eyes. Very much as though the tv episode is the main meal, and then observing the newcomers' reactions and speculations is the dessert.

Yes of course, very well put. Sometimes gems come out of the woodwork too, like that ghost grass = snow thing. Brilliant. I also like the TWOP forums in general, they really track things very well. Especially plot holes and discontinuities.

It's also nice for people, like me, who had major plot points of the story spoiled before opening/finishing the books. Now I get to live vicariously through those who've been lucky enough to experience the story with innocence.

Haha living a double fandom life

Watching their thread this morning is fun, as the 'regulars' from last year are signing in, greeting one another and gearing up theories and expectations for this season. From a very sharp poster there, this...

By the way, I'm going to weigh in with what might seem something daft: I think it's Catelyn who will end up dying because Robb married Talisa. No clue how that might come about, but it just seems oddly fitting. She made the marriage bargain, Catelyn doesn't really have a place in the story now that she's alienated Robb and she's foolhardy enough to try and do something daft like go to Walder Frey to make the peace herself.

Archived