Would Jaime haved killed Arya?

Lady Hodor

I think that Jaime would have set off to kill her, but I don't think he would have done it in the end. He's certainly capable of killing children, as in the case of Bran. However, the key thing about Jaime is his recklessness. He does things in the heat of the moment that he might not do if he thought things through. In the case of Bran, he had seconds to make a decision and chose to kill him. When he attacked Ned Stark, he acted out in anger over Tyrion's kidnapping and then had to run away from King's Landing. If he had thought things out, he would have realized that attacking the Hand was not the best approach and would get him executed. In the case of Aerys, after dispatching of the pyromancers, he could have held Aerys hostage until his father arrived, rather than killing him and breaking his vows, but again made a split-second decision. In the case of Arya, it would have taken some time to find her and that time would have given him the opportunity to think about what he was doing. Given that time to think, I believe he would have scared the wits out of her a la Edmure (or tried to!) but not killed her.

Why? Does Jaime have some magical skills at tracking little girls in the forest?

His PoV is pretty clear that he tried hard to find Arya but failed.

Well, maybe he was subconsciously sabotaging his own efforts.

I think at this point in the story Jamie would have done what ever cersie wanted him to do and I dont think he could have maimed her as that would have led to a war. So my guess is if Jamie found her it would be a shallow grave for Arya though I dont think she would go quietly and if they found her before

Nymeria is chased away then there is a good chance that Jamie would have a few bites or needle marks as well.

Not only would Jaime kill her, he would comment it with a cheesy one-liner, too. Jaime didn't become human until much later in the series.

Jaime was always human, he just hid it well. If he didn't have a soul, why would he have bothered to save King's Landing from Aerys's madness?

Jaime was always human, he just hid it well. If he didn't have a soul, why would he have bothered to save King's Landing from Aerys's madness?

And that was yet another Jaime, just like Robert back then was a better man than King Robert.

The Jaime from AGOT had no conscience whatsoever.

And that was yet another Jaime, just like Robert back then was a better man than King Robert.

The Jaime from AGOT had no conscience whatsoever.

I think he did because if he didn't then he'd been a lost cause and Brienne would have no impact on him whatsoever. Ramsay for example is a lost cause as was Gregor, but Jaime was never close to having no conscience.

Before he met Brienne and lost his hand Jaime would have done anything Cersei told him to. Little children, kings, septons, if Cersei told him to kill them he would have.

After he met Brienne and lost his hand it would be a different story

I always read that as yes he would have killed Arya without a moment's thought. Love is a sweet poison. Love is the bane of honour. That is why in retrospect he is glad that Stark's men found her first and why he is so angry at himself.

I agree he would have done it. He is evolving and as he looks back at who he was he does not like what he sees.

'It was only by chance that Stark's own men found the girl before me. If I had come on her first...'

He admits it to himself. It wasn't even his job to go look for Arya, so the only reason he could've would have been to follow up Cersei's orders. Jaime back then is not the same as the Jaime we see now, 'old Jaime' would have killed her. That's why he's ashamed thinking back on it. How are we discussing this? Why would he be relieved (now) that the Stark men found Arya first if he hadn't been sure he had the intent of killing her back then?

Before he met Brienne and lost his hand Jaime would have done anything Cersei told him to. Little children, kings, septons, if Cersei told him to kill them he would have.

After he met Brienne and lost his hand it would be a different story

Thart still don't make him a lost cause though.

Archived