[Book Spoilers] Pre-airing Discussion

Ran

Roose Bolton is presumably older than the actor playing him (Michael McElhatton is only 37 years old) because it is often remarked in the book that the Lord of the Dreadfort was older than he looked, that his skin had not yet begun to wrinkle. Some attributed this to his draining himself of bad blood, although less savoury possibilities also come to mind. In contrast, his bastard Ramsey does not look good at all.

Well, we know from dialogue in ADwD that Roose had already inherited his lordship when he begat Ramsey, during the rule of Lord Rickard as Warden of the North, but I never got the impression that he was supposed to be altogether old, just older than Ned, who was 35 during AGoT. For Dagmer to be his kid, he would've had to be in his 20s when Ned was born.

This is all such fun, because none of us has a clue what D and D have in mind here. (addsend, where are you to give us our weekly spoilers! I summon you, man! Appear! Speak!)

Do we know the original source of the spoilers?

Well, we know from dialogue in ADwD that Roose had already inherited his lordship when he begat Ramsey, during the rule of Lord Rickard as Warden of the North, but I never got the impression that he was supposed to be altogether old, just older than Ned, who was 35 during AGoT. For Dagmer to be his kid, he would've had to be i his 20s when Ned was born.

All that is true. In book world. Not applicable in tv world.

Do we know the original source of the spoilers?

Nope, and addsend is (quite rightly) very cautious about never even using 'he' or 'she' when referring to The Source. We just know that The Source has been spot-on in every detail.

Nope, and addsend is (quite rightly) very cautious about never even using 'he' or 'she' when referring to The Source. We just know that The Source has been spot-on in every detail.

Did addsend post any spoilers for next episode(s)?

All that is true. In book world. Not applicable in tv world.

Very good point.

I thought he said something like that this person was getting them from some "infamous" site on the web, but that they were obviously coming from someone in the know originally. I was wondering if anybody knew what the site was; or am I misremembering?

Not yet; that's what we're hoping to get soon.

I'll check back tomorrow morning, hope we get to hear something about the chain being confirmed for real.

Very good point. I thought he said something like that this person was getting them from some "infamous" site on the web, but that they were obviously coming from someone in the know originally. I was wondering if anybody knew what the site was; or am I misremembering?

I believe someone else said/suggested that about addsend's information. But I didn't agree with that implication a bit. addsend's info was soooo detailed, so minutely spot-on, scene after scene. Damnit, addsend, where are you, man? We need you tonight! Fire and Blood! Iron Price! Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken! Whatever, whatever!

What if Dagmer isn't Ramsay, but is secretly working for him or something? They probably aren't going to take the time or money to have a whole battle, so Ramsay still needs a way into tbe castle. Dagmer has the same kind of evil glee as Ramsay so I could see him as taking the role of one of Ramsays henchmen that we meet in ADWD.

They wouldn't necessarily need Ramsay to fight his way into the castle. Ramsay could surround Winterfell, and Luwin could convince Theon to surrender and take the Black. Ramsay's complete evilness was obvious by this point in the books, but in the show, it's possible that Luwin might not realize how bad an idea it is to surrender the castle to Ramsay (who has been officially sent to retake it at Robb's request, with some encouragement from Roose).

Archived