[Book Spoilers] Pre-airing Discussion

Ran

Everyone is Talking about Dany being the end of ep 10, It could be Bran and his line about Winterfell being broken like him, Jon killing Qhorin and turning his cloak or what I hope, Sam and 3 blows of the horn. Whichever way they go this episode will probably set it all up.

i wonder if the lord of bones would really be a 'character' as such...i mean the revulsion evoking rattleshirt is something we might not get here...

I also dont dig the wildling fatigues...the camouflage patterns look too un-medieval to me...

Everyone is Talking about Dany being the end of ep 10, It could be Bran and his line about Winterfell being broken like him, Jon killing Qhorin and turning his cloak or what I hope, Sam and 3 blows of the horn. Whichever way they go this episode will probably set it all up.

My money (and my fervent hope) is that the season will end with the 3 horn blasts heard at the Fist. That moment is just made to be a TV cliffhanger.

It does not deviate a whole lot , it deviates some ( as the first season did as well ) Would I rather see Arya slumming it in the kitchens ? Or those conversations with Tywin. I think the answer to that is quite obvious. I'm sure we will get all the scenes we hope from the book such as the one with Half Hand and what not. Deviations made also keep up with the tone of the books , any added scenes like the Jon Ygritte ones , I could see present in the books. Changes were made for specific reasons , not just for the heck of it. Some things work in books which will never work on screen

Anybody who calls this the "least faithful adaption" they've ever seen is just too ridiculous to even be responded to. Name me all the more faithful adaptions. There isn't one. This is actually one of the more faithful adaptions I've ever seen.

Look I've already:

1. Clarified I was exagerating.

2. Given my reasons for why I feel it's been unfaithful of late and why I'm not seeing the point of many of these deviations.

And also we've already been warned that this is off-topic. By all means let us take this conversation to a different thread if people consist on continually bringing it up again.

I'm hoping for Bran with his I'm dead, not broken speech. I know Isaac can pull it off. But realistically they're going for the three horns on the Fist, it's perfect for TV.

I'm hoping for Bran with his I'm death, not broken speech. I know Isaac can pull it off. But realistically they're going for the three horns on the Fist, it's perfect for TV.

I'm sorry but I just got a mental image of Bran saying "I am DEATH!" in a deep, ominous voice. I think you mean dead :P

I'm hoping for Bran with his I'm death, not broken speech. I know Isaac can pull it off. But realistically they're going for the three horns on the Fist, it's perfect for TV.

I remember that the three horns in ASoS sent chills down my spine. Although, I always imagined it as the cliffhanger of the very first episode of season 3, putting it in the end of season 2 will create a great impact on the audience and on the book sales as well. Having to wait a whole year after this scene would be impossible. Many viewers would rush to the stores to buy the books and learn what happens next. :P

This begs the question then, knowing that Dany now knows about the dragons location in the HotU, what will possibly happen next episode (and to a lesser extent ep. 9) that will prevent her or at least postpone her rushing to them. We know (and saw) how distressed she is at them being gone (they are all she has atm, and the only thing preventing her from becoming a beggar queen like her brother), so what could possibly come up that would prevent her from just rushing into the HotU to see her children again?

I've been thinking of that too... I think they will make her afraid to go to the Hotu, expecting a trap from the warlocks... but I agree, what is to keep her from immediatly rushing to the Hotu ?

Maybe the episode will end her arc with her entering the gates of the house.

Then, it would be much more logical to end the whole Qarth arc this season and ending Dany on the ship, with Barristan and the dragons.

And last, I agree, the three-horn blasts are just perfect for the season ending... I mean, come one... the three horn blasts... the very first trailer of season two was with them, so I think we will have them this season, and what other scene could end in a better way the season ?

Then, it would be much more logical to end the whole Qarth arc this season and ending Dany on the ship, with Barristan and the dragons.

I agree. It would also make the most sense considering the budget to finish Qarth this season, so you won't have to pay the actors of the Qartheen characters for season 3. However, for the same reason, that could mean, Barristan could be pushed back to season 3. Or has he been confirmed for this season?

The House of the Undying has the potential to be the greatest scene this series, but I doubt it will be done as it was in the book because it might be too weird on screen and for non book viewers to understand.

Loving the Lord o' Bones outfit from the preview for this episode though.

I'm hoping for Bran with his I'm dead, not broken speech. I know Isaac can pull it off. But realistically they're going for the three horns on the Fist, it's perfect for TV.

the season two promo with the three horns was fantastic, so I'd bet its the end of the season, maybe with the image of walkers approaching in the dark?

the final episode will be really strong I think, with so many cliffhangers. Jaime escaping with Brienne, the three horn blasts, Dany in the HOTU, Jon killing Qhorin, Margaery arriving to King's Landing with a plan to rescue Sansa, etc

My money (and my fervent hope) is that the season will end with the 3 horn blasts heard at the Fist. That moment is just made to be a TV cliffhanger.

My guess is that is how the season will end as well. They already had the 3 horn blasts in the background of one of the early season 2 teasers.

The House of the Undying has the potential to be the greatest scene this series, but I doubt it will be done as it was in the book because it might be too weird on screen and for non book viewers to understand.

Loving the Lord o' Bones outfit from the preview for this episode though.

My fear about the House of the Undying is that the visions there were previews of things to come or else scenes from the past. In the book, it's not clear what some of the things are. However, if shown on the TV screen, they could be big spoilers if not done right.

I totally forgot they used the three horn blasts in one of the first trailers/teasers. I'm sure they'll end the season that way. Hopefully with Sam pissing his pants.

So I was reading a non-reader thread and ironically someone dropped a pretty huge bombshell that I can't believe noone saw. Do not read if you do not want to be spoiled as this is potentailly a major spoiler even to book readers.

If you watch the Theon farm scene there a clear shot of Dagmer in his armour and guess what, THE KRAKEN has been torn off his armour, in a way that it still almost looks like a kraken if you are not paying attention.. All of his other guards clearly have the kraken on their armour. Guys Dagmer is Ramsey. No way they put that much detail in there if he wasn't.

Dagmar is too old to be Ramsey. Also, Theon knew Dagmar as a child. I think Ramsey will be introduced when his father sends him to take Winterfell from Theon, and he will take Theon prisoner as Robb asked Roose to do. I suspect it will happen this espisode.

I am wondering if Arya will take up Jaqen's offer to go to Braavos in the HBO series rather than her travels around the Riverlands before she gets on the ship like in the book. Those travels do not seem necessary to the plot in the HBO series and she might accept his invitation to go with him in Espisode 10. That will fast forward her FM story.

Are people really saying this is the least faithful adaption ever?? Look at those LOTR movies, from what I hear those movies are not even close to their books. I've never seen/read it so I wouldn't know.

So if one little thing gets cut/changed, it's automatically declared a terrible adaption? Look at all the other things they stayed (mostly) faithful to, like the riot scene, having wildfire in, the attack on the Night's Watch in episode 3, and all the other events that occured in ACoK that made it to TV. The show is still following the book's main plotline, and we are getting Blackwater next episode, so if this show wasn't faithful at all, then how would all those scenes be placed in the series? Honestly, stop whining about some shit that gets changed. I love the books and for a time didn't like when they changed things. But you gotta understand this is an ADAPTION, which means they are attempting to bring most of the series to the screen so we can enjoy it, not a word-by-word, scene-by-scene adaption, but a TV adaption on a limited budget. Would you rather have no attempt at creating the series at all? It's a daunting task, and I applaud D&D for undertaking it. Show a little more faith. If GRRM believes wholeheartedly in these guys, then we should, too.

Not realy a bombshell, people have been talking about this all week in these forums. But anyway from whats been said about casting video leaked a few days ago HBO is looking for people for the role of Ramsey so no its not him.

Archived