[Book Spoilers] Pre-airing Discussion

Ran

Quick question, did the speech that TYrion is giving in the preview happen in the book? IT seems like such a setup for the RW, as in everyone will come back to this speech when it happens.

A Clash of Kings, page 568:

“Would you like to see her? I thought you might.” Cersei crossed

the room and threw open the heavy oaken door. “Bring in my

brother’s whore.”

Ser Osmund’s brothers Osney and Osfryd were peas from the same pod,

tall men with hooked noses, dark hair, and cruel smiles. She hung

between them, eyes wide and white in her dark face. Blood trickled

from her broken lip, and he could see bruises through her torn

clothing. Her hands were bound with rope, and they’d gagged her so she

could not speak.

“You said she wouldn’t be hurt.”

“She fought.” Unlike his brothers, Osney Kettleblack was cleanshaven, so

the scratches showed plainly on his bare cheeks. “Got claws like a

shadowcat, this one.”

“Bruises heal,” said Cersei in a bored tone. “The whore will live. So

long as Joff does.”

Tyrion wanted to laugh at her. It would have been so sweet, so very very

sweet, but it would have given the game away.
You’ve lost, Cersei, and

the Kettleblacks are even bigger fools than Bronn claimed.
All he needed

to do was say the words.

Instead he looked at the girl’s face and said, “You swear you’ll release

her after the battle?”

“If you release Tommen, yes.”

He pushed himself to his feet. “Keep her then, but keep her safe. If

these animals think they can use her... well, sweet sister, let me point

out that a scale tips two ways.” His tone was calm, flat, uncaring; he’d

reached for his father’s voice, and found it. “Whatever happens to her

happens to Tommen as well, and that includes the beatings and rapes.”
If

she thinks me such a monster, I’ll play the part for her.

Cersei had not expected that. “You would not dare.”

Tyrion made himself smile, slow and cold. Green and black, his eyes

laughed at her. “Dare? I’ll do it myself.”

His sister’s hand flashed at his face, but he caught her wrist and bent

it back until she cried out. Osfryd moved to her rescue. “One more step

and I’ll break her arm,” the dwarf warned him. The man stopped. “You

remember when I said you’d never hit me again, Cersei?” He shoved her to

the floor and turned back to the Kettleblacks. “Untie her and remove

that gag.”

The rope had been so tight as to cut off the blood to her hands. She

cried out in pain as the circulation returned. Tyrion massaged her

fingers gently until feeling returned. “Sweetling,” he said, “you must

be brave. I am sorry they hurt you.”

“I know you’ll free me, my lord.”

“I will,” he promised, and Alayaya bent over and kissed him on the

brow. Her broken lips left a smear of blood on his forehead.
A bloody

kiss is more than I deserve
, Tyrion thought.
She would never have been

hurt but for me.

Her blood still marked him as he looked down at the queen.
“I have never

liked you, Cersei, but you were my own sister, so I never did you harm.

You’ve ended that. I will hurt you for this. I don’t know how yet, but

give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy,

and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you’ll know

the debt is paid.”

Answer me

these questions three

ere the coming ep you see:

1. When and how will Danny-Aerys get back at Zarro-Zhoan Ducksauce for stealing her widdle babies?
  2. When and how does she get to unload his vault of treasures?
  3. Where is Doreah, and does she have Drogon?

am thinking tonight is house of undying which I'm really interested in how they will portray that... they didn't get into ned's promise to his sister so I'm wondering if they are going to broach many of the book reader questions....

Answer me

these questions three

ere the coming ep you see:

1. When and how will Danny-Aerys get back at Zarro-Zhoan Ducksauce for stealing her widdle babies?
  2. When and how does she get to unload his vault of treasures?
  3. Where is Doreah, and does she have Drogon?

3. Yup.

(clever and funny post, btw)

A Clash of Kings, page 568:
“Would you like to see her? I thought you might.” Cersei crossed the room and threw open the heavy oaken door. “Bring in my brother’s whore.” Ser Osmund’s brothers Osney and Osfryd were peas from the same pod, tall men with hooked noses, dark hair, and cruel smiles. She hung between them, eyes wide and white in her dark face. Blood trickled from her broken lip, and he could see bruises through her torn clothing. Her hands were bound with rope, and they’d gagged her so she could not speak. “You said she wouldn’t be hurt.” “She fought.” Unlike his brothers, Osney Kettleblack was cleanshaven, so the scratches showed plainly on his bare cheeks. “Got claws like a shadowcat, this one.” “Bruises heal,” said Cersei in a bored tone. “The whore will live. So long as Joff does.” Tyrion wanted to laugh at her. It would have been so sweet, so very very sweet, but it would have given the game away.
You’ve lost, Cersei, and the Kettleblacks are even bigger fools than Bronn claimed.
All he needed to do was say the words. Instead he looked at the girl’s face and said, “You swear you’ll release her after the battle?” “If you release Tommen, yes.” He pushed himself to his feet. “Keep her then, but keep her safe. If these animals think they can use her... well, sweet sister, let me point out that a scale tips two ways.” His tone was calm, flat, uncaring; he’d reached for his father’s voice, and found it. “Whatever happens to her happens to Tommen as well, and that includes the beatings and rapes.”
If she thinks me such a monster, I’ll play the part for her.
Cersei had not expected that. “You would not dare.” Tyrion made himself smile, slow and cold. Green and black, his eyes laughed at her. “Dare? I’ll do it myself.” His sister’s hand flashed at his face, but he caught her wrist and bent it back until she cried out. Osfryd moved to her rescue. “One more step and I’ll break her arm,” the dwarf warned him. The man stopped. “You remember when I said you’d never hit me again, Cersei?” He shoved her to the floor and turned back to the Kettleblacks. “Untie her and remove that gag.” The rope had been so tight as to cut off the blood to her hands. She cried out in pain as the circulation returned. Tyrion massaged her fingers gently until feeling returned. “Sweetling,” he said, “you must be brave. I am sorry they hurt you.” “I know you’ll free me, my lord.” “I will,” he promised, and Alayaya bent over and kissed him on the brow. Her broken lips left a smear of blood on his forehead.
A bloody kiss is more than I deserve
, Tyrion thought.
She would never have been hurt but for me.
Her blood still marked him as he looked down at the queen.
“I have never liked you, Cersei, but you were my own sister, so I never did you harm. You’ve ended that. I will hurt you for this. I don’t know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you’ll know the debt is paid.”

one of the best scenes in the series and should be great on screen

The whole setup of Chekov’s Treasure Vault has got to be there for a real big reason. If the House of the Undying is in the final episode, when will Ducksauce get his goose cooked and his vault plundered? Seems a lot to happen in one episode at the rate things seem to go here.

I guess Ducky won’t be bringing Thirteen’s thirteen gift-ships to Meereen to try to bribe our dragon-queenie to get the hell out of Dodge, I mean Slavers’ Bay.

House of the Undying is something they could easily screw up and it could be the cheesiest scene in the show thus far. I really hope they keep some of the visions, especially the one of Rhaegar talking about the dragon having three heads because that seems to be extremely important. The red wedding vision won't be too obvious I think. It was just a wolf king sitting at a throne wasn't it? I can't recall. But the visions also shouldn't be too expensive to add as someone else said since not a lot of them are CG heavy, and some of them can surely be cut. The main budget obstacle will be the dragons burning the place down, which needs to look good.

The main budget obstacle will be the dragons burning the place down, which needs to look good.

Isn’t it just Drogon the Black Red who’s supposed to be there? But if the warlocks already have the dragonlings, I suppose it could be all three of them. I wonder whether the warlocks will have killed Doreah yet?

I can’t see how even a trio of dragonlings no bigger than a bouncing baby bunny rabbit are going to cause the levels of destruction needed here.

I'm so jealous.............I have to wait for over two hours. They will go slowly. When do these shows air in Europe and other parts of the planet??

Edited to add: I do NOT type that slowly. The whole discussion about waiting 17 hours was not there when I hit reply. I hate looking stupid when I wasn't BEING stupid; bad enough to look it all the times I am really guilty.

Archived