[Book Spoilers] Pre-airing Discussion

Ran

What IS the official description for tonight's episode--I forgot.

Theon holds down the fort in Winterfell; Jaqen doesn't care for Arya's method of calling in a debt; Jorah's advice for Daenarys goes unheeded; Davos is offered a reward; Tyrion and Varys find something they can agree on; Robb is betrayed.

An interview with Esme Bianco from a couple days ago. Not much new in it, except that

she's appearing in tonight's episode. So, apparently it will be Ros, and not Shae, that Cercei 'punishes.'

http://www.thedailyb...y-and-more.html

I've been reading the comments about tonight's episode over at WiC and many people are praying by the old gods and the new that

Ros gets killed tonight.

:P

An interview with Esme Bianco from a couple days ago. Not much new in it, except that

she's appearing in tonight's episode. So, apparently it will be Ros, and not Shae, that Cercei 'punishes.'

I've been reading the comments about tonight's episode over at WiC and many people are praying by the old gods and the new that

Ros gets killed tonight.

Please let it be true.

On a random side note, I found out today that the actress who plays Talisa is Charlie Chaplin's great grand-daughter.

I expect to see her twiddling a cane and doing the Charlie Chaplin walk in this episode or I will be furious!

Bah! You aren’t going to be convinced if you think the books are Golden Tablets of Perfection handed down from the Lord God Almighty, and that every deviation from that Holy Scripture is a blasphemy deserving of being burnt at the stake — slowly. There are too many too list. Here’s just one more, and I’ll be done with you: Theon’s letter that he burned up. It was a beautifully executed thing. There are many, many, many more lovelinesses like that, ones anybody who doesn’t autohate blasphemy will quickly think of.

I agree. I loved that scene as a matter of fact.

So we've all agreed that the show is a very faithful adapation of the novels and that there haven't been any substantive changes of any relevance? GOOD! Then we can put that argument behind us now that we all agree and move on.

No actually. But lets move over to the nitpicking threads shall we? :P

LOL people are soo pissed about Ros, she hasn't even been in that many scenes, there are so many other things to be pissed about. IMO

She has more screentime than Roose Bolton. That alone is enough to put her on the shitlist, even without taking into consideration the fact that she's a worthless, irritating footnote who exists for the sole purpose of meeting HBO's T&A quota.

Still. I suppose getting battered by Cersei's goons is a step up from that, even if she'll probably lose her clothes along the way...

I'm looking forward to the Wildlings. Also as has been mentioned I hope we see Tyrion get his due for being a good strategist. We saw him talk to the pyromancer, but the chain hasn't been mentioned. I am looking forward to seeing more of Theon's s/l at Winterfell too. I watch w/my parents and they were both surprised that the bodies were "Bran and Rickon." They had to ask me and I told them so they had the same thought I did when first reading. I can't wait to see their reaction when they find out they're alive.

She has more screentime than Roose Bolton. That alone is enough to put her on the shitlist, even without taking into consideration the fact that she's a worthless, irritating footnote who exists for the sole purpose meeting HBO's T&A quota.

Still. I suppose getting battered by Cersei's goons is a step up from that, even if she'll probably lose her clothes along the way...

I do agree its annoying that her character exists, and that she was promoted from random winterfell whore to whatever the fuck she is now, and this season she hasn't even taken off her clothes, so she is completely pointless. But for me at least there are alot of other things that piss me off alot more.

Roose Bolton has had more screentime in the show so far than he would have had at this point in the story. He's introduced in Game of Thrones, and has a couple of lines at the Twins, I think, but he's more talked about than seen. And then in Clash of Kings, he appears only in two Arya chapters that we haven't even gotten to yet in the story - the main one we see him in occurs after the Blackwater. I don't think it's even slightly a valid complaint to say that Roose has been shortchanged.

I'm looking forward to the Wildlings. Also as has been mentioned I hope we see Tyrion get his due for being a good strategist. We saw him talk to the pyromancer, but the chain hasn't been mentioned. I am looking forward to seeing more of Theon's s/l at Winterfell too. I watch w/my parents and they were both surprised that the bodies were "Bran and Rickon." They had to ask me and I told them so they had the same thought I did when first reading. I can't wait to see their reaction when they find out they're alive.

The bodies didn't fool my mom. She immediately said: 'they're fake, I want to see Osha and Hodor's body first before I believe they're death!'

Ros gets killed tonight.

If Cercei do that, she will become the most loved character on show. :D

Guys, seriously: this talk of Dagmer being Ramsay is so stupid that the only speculation more asinine has been that he's Theon's version of Tyler Durden. I almost can't wrap my head around people truly being so moronic as to believe that this even has a possibility of being true. It's all an elaborate joke - it has to be.

Guys, seriously: this talk of Dagmer being Ramsay is so stupid that the only speculation more asinine has been that he's Theon's version of Tyler Durden. I almost can't wrap my head around people truly being so moronic as to believe that this even has a possibility of being true. It's all an elaborate joke - it has to be.

I would love to see the look on your face when you discover that Dagmer IS Ramsay. Priceless. (I don't like the theory either)

Ros gets killed tonight.

No one immature fool likes to make a fuss over there. Most are rational people who realize the character has had about 10 mins of screen time this season and that the actress has been more the fine in her role.

Sorry but i think that the nitpickers vs praisers conflict shouldnt be on this thread

I only think that comparing Asoiaf with Harry Potter is sick

Just like comparing the rolling stones with justin beiber, i mean who reads HP and watches the movies, next thing worst might be Twilight fans bitching about differences.

On topic i hope to see or at least hear about the chain and the mountain clans guerilling stanis' land army in the kingswood

Theon is pretty book tight and danny is still bitchy about her precious fire reptilians still away in that House otU

Who dies and who wins at this game of thrones?

Hopefully Ros dies as iirc the actress was pregnant this series so no naked time and Tyrion will be on as this is his greatest moment of his life the siege if KL when he destroys all the slums raised along the walls, the chain is completed and the pyromancers are overzeolous in their wildfire production schedgule

She has more screentime than Roose Bolton. That alone is enough to put her on the shitlist, even without taking into consideration the fact that she's a worthless, irritating footnote who exists for the sole purpose of meeting HBO's T&A quota. Still. I suppose getting battered by Cersei's goons is a step up from that, even if she'll probably lose her clothes along the way...

When is the last time Ros got naked?

It truly amazes me how little some seem to realize about the characters role on the show. She has had one scene this entire series. One. The rest were in complete service to the beloved book characters.

Archived