Tyrek Lannister

Monty501

Well it was still pretty soon after the deed was done and presumably Tyrek was in on it or complicit. No need to whack him right away. Just one of those dead men will not betray any secrets kinds of things like Dontos.

I'm sorry but that doesn't make much sense to me. If you are afraid that someone would reveal your secret that might cost you your life, you don't spend months praying that he / she will keep his / her mouth shut. You need to act immediately. I'm not saying they should have publicly execute him, that would surely provoke some questions but they could discreetly sent him away. Like, let him go on vacation in Casterley Rock to recover from the shock of Robert's death. Then it's not their fault that some marauders attacked him during the journey, killed him or kidnapped him.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/14/2015 at 7:36 AM, Nerevanin said:

I'm sorry but that doesn't make much sense to me. If you are afraid that someone would reveal your secret that might cost you your life, you don't spend months praying that he / she will keep his / her mouth shut. You need to act immediately. I'm not saying they should have publicly execute him, that would surely provoke some questions but they could discreetly sent him away. Like, let him go on vacation in Casterley Rock to recover from the shock of Robert's death. Then it's not their fault that some marauders attacked him during the journey, killed him or kidnapped him.

I agree. That didn't make much sense. My thinking on the topic has evolved...

I'm pretty sure Varys orchestrated the kidnapping, thinking that he could produce Tyrek later, and have him testify against Cersei and her brood of bastard lion cubs in support of Aegon's claim when the time was right. 

31 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I agree. That didn't make much sense. My thinking on the topic has evolved...

I'm pretty sure Varys orchestrated the kidnapping, thinking that he could produce Tyrek later, and have him testify against Cersei and her brood of bastard lion cubs in support of Aegon's claim when the time was right. 

Moreover, I think Varys or his people will brainwash the young squire offering him Casterly Rock and title Warden of the West if he supports Aegon and his claim. I think there is a reason why George included in the story how Tygett, Tyrek's father, was always jealous and trying to prove a point with Tywin. I would think Tyrek would be aware of that and use it as a personal fuel to prove something oj contrast with his more famous cousins Jaime, Cersei and Tyrion.

And I think it will be Tyrion who will bring him down once he invades Westerlands with Dothrakis. Even though Tyrion always wanted Casterly Rock for himself, I think he realize that he does not want it as he used to because the place is associated with his father and sister, two people he hates the most, so he will sack and destroy his home.

It will mirror Tywin sacking King's Landing, only this time the karma will turn back on Tywin in the worst way possible even after life. His own son, the one most like him but the one he despised, will sack his home and seat and tarnish his legacy forever. It will be a nice karma payback for King's Landing sack, Red Wedding, Rains of Castamere and all other atrocities he commited during his life.

I think Great Lords, and possibly even regular Lords, can choose their own laws of succession for their lands.  That's the way it is in the Game of Thrones mod for Crusader Kings 2, at least…I was able to change The North from agnatic-cognatic primogeniture to gavelkind, but lords under me were able to keep their own succession laws for their own lands.

• 6 months later...
On 15 mei 2012 at 10:45 AM, Crown said:

Varys will take down all the Lannister until Tyrek is the heir to the Iron Throne, he puts him there and makes him bend the knee to Aegon.

Slightly gonna change that to heir to Casterly Rock so when Aegon appears with Tyrek by his side, he will have the Westerlands in his pocket

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2012 at 4:45 AM, Crown said:

Varys will take down all the Lannister until Tyrek is the heir to the Iron Throne, he puts him there and makes him bend the knee to Aegon.

right after the big R+R=R reveal :):) 

On 5/16/2012 at 9:07 PM, jlk7e said:

Not as far as you might think. Jaime is excluded as a member of the Kingsguard. Tyrion is excluded as a condemned traitor. Lancel is presumably excluded as a member of a celibate religious order. Kevan and Willem are now deceased. So that means the order of succession is...

Cersei

1. Tommen

2. Myrcella

3. Martyn

4. Janei

5. Tyrek

Cersei, Tommen, and Myrcella are all likely to die before series end (and the kids are bastards with no legitimate claim, anyway), so only Kevan's two kids are ahead of Tyrek. Of course, this assumes Tyrion doesn't get his attainder reversed. Genna's descendants, Daven, Damion, and any other Lannisters are all behind Tyrek.

This assumes the line of succession can pass through women in the first place.  If not, Martyn is now head of House Lannister, and Tyrek is the heir.

Archived