Game of thrones video game complete let down....

cooper56

I am quite addict to right now. I think it because there was no great expectations going in, it allowes fall inlove with it a bit. I around 12 hours in game play graphic wise places like poor man dragon ages, and voice action range from great or that actor was not feeling it. You really buy game like this hope story that they do well, since games plays like dragon age clone it does not bad at all in game play. One d knight give up everything serving on wall get all call from the hand of the king. Other is red priest coming to new of his father death. Both where war heroes in Roberts Rebellion both where scary deep emotionally and physical by it. In game choice what type person this events of live them who they are today.

The game is really picking up for me. The voice acting is still pretty dreadful, but there are notable exceptions Colenth Hill's Varys is a notable exception. The combat system is terrible, but I am not playing this game for those reasons. The story has progressed to be fairly remarkable. I am enjoying this game a lot. Oh, The art book is really nice as is all of the art in the game. The graphics may be a bit dated, but the art is outstanding. I would give this game a 6.5 at this point. The story alone is worth the troubles. With the addition of the art book, I feel like I am getting my monies worth.

Edited to say that I forgot to mention the score. It is nothing less than phenomenal.

Man, I really need to find time to play this. Really curious about the story, so many of the reviews seem to really be impressed by the end game in particular.

combat it standard set by dragon ages, so decent. It funny seem like game is aim for workable, but story is awesome. Game alot chance quest DLC for simple15 years bewteen the games start and war, and it funny depend charater one ten years since been gone other say 15.

I can't understand why GRR went with Cyandie - maybe he doesn't know much about computer games but surely just a slight sniffing around on these forums would have given him an idea about who the main players are. Still, despite reported bugs and presentation issues, most people seem to think the storyline is ok if you're familiar with the novels, so I'll probably give it a go once it hits the bargain bins.

If the main players aren't sniffing back, it's not going to matter. Wert has a nice post listing various companies that have expressed some sort of interest, and they basically all of them decided, "Eh, we'd rather work on our own IP because we'll own the whole thing", except in the case of BioWare, where it was, "Okay, GoT is one possibility if Lucasarts doesn't go for SWTOR.... oh, wait, they did; buh-bye."

The other option is to never take a chance and never make a game, basically. He who dares, etc.

If the main players aren't sniffing back, it's not going to matter. Wert has a nice post listing various companies that have expressed some sort of interest, and they basically all of them decided, "Eh, we'd rather work on our own IP because we'll own the whole thing", except in the case of BioWare, where it was, "Okay, GoT is one possibility if Lucasarts doesn't go for SWTOR.... oh, wait, they did; buh-bye." The other option is to never take a chance and never make a game, basically. He who dares, etc.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the Paradox deal fell down on money. They are a very successful company and have a big turnover, but they are also very astute and do not take huge risks (hence thier avoidance of multi-year development projects costing millions of dollars with advanced 3D graphics, an area they are only now just starting to test the waters with with their Wars of the Roses game). Likely they could not reach a deal with GRRM or Bantam that would have satisfied all parties.

With the others, BioWare were made a better offer, Bethesda couldn't spare the time and with Relic it seemed to never get past wishful thinking.

Fully understandable (GRRM shouldn't under-sell the property, Paradox shouldn't take huge risks like this would have been before the HBO series) but, given the unmitigated brilliance of the Crusader Kings games, the fact we could have had an official, ASoIaF-based version and instead ended up with Genesis is hugely disappointing. Still, there are fan mods for CK which aren't too far off from what the official version would have looked like anyway, so it's not too bad.

I figured it would be. I always pictured it as a quick cash in on the show's popularity

A quick cash in? Maybe GRRM is cashing if for selling Cyanide the rights. But Cyanide aren't going to be making much cash from this. GRRM really should get some expert opinion on what game studios can actually produce high a quality product.

Fully understandable (GRRM shouldn't under-sell the property...

Arguably what he did here (and with Genesis) is worse than selling cheaper to a better Dev. I guess GRRM doesn't really care about video games so he doesn't really care how people use his IP in that medium. In some respects he's right, these games bombing in both sales and critically does no harm whatsoever to what he really cares about which are the books and TV series.

Don't know Paradox's CEO's statement means it was about money. He notes there's many reasons why they aren't too likely to work with 3rd party IPs. Presumably money was only one of those reasons.

For those in the know, does Cyanide's deal expire with the two games they've now made? In other words, could the rights to adapt the books for video games now be sold to another developer? It seems that with the success of the HBO series and exploding popularity of the books, the property would be much more attractive at this point in time to a developer with more/better resources.

I just beat the game, and the Story was worth every penny that I paid. The game does have its flaws, but the storytelling is beyond reproach. I can say in earnest now that I would highly recommend the game just for that. It was outstanding. .

I agree completely with Howdyphillip. The game is hands down awesome. And this is coming from someone who is a hardcore gamer.

I like to think about it just like Skyrim. Skyrim was a freaking amazing game. It had an awesome world to explore and so many cool things to do and interact with, and even though it was glitchy and buggy as hell, people still loved it and played it because they loved taking part in that world. And that's just how I feel about the Game of Thrones game.

From the moment the main screen popped up and was playing the theme music I was thinking, "man this is awesome". If you go into this game expecting it to play like a AAA title like Uncharted then your most likely in for a let down. But I personally think the game nails the atmosphere of A Song of Ice and Fire. One example that comes to my mind (one of many in this game, I'm trying not to spoil anything, but there's another reference pertaining to Azor Ahai, that was absolutely awesome!!) is a part of the game where I got to sit and talk with a couple brother's of the Night's Watch and find out how they winded up at the Wall.Their stories were awesome, very interesting and intertwined with references to locations and religious material we all know about. It was during this scene I truly felt like I was immersed in the universe Martin created. And just like all the reviews say, the story is absolutely amazing, I loved it. Enough said there.

Yeah it may be rough around the edges, the graphics aren't the best from a technical standpoint (but I think the art design is awesome, I don't understand people dissing the art design) and the gameplay can be a little rough, but overall it's not the worst thing. I think if you love the books, or love the show, then you will find something to love about this game. Whether it be visiting familiar or new locations, or buying special equipment (like Brynden River's armor! or Ser Ilyn Payne's Cloak. I was so excited to see stuff like this in the game) or just finding another way to experience ASoIaF.

I wouldn't let the bad reviews sway you from buying this game or at least playing it. But in all honesty game reviews shouldn't ever dictate whether or not you play a game. I have had a blast many a time playing games that I knew were absolutely crap.

If your as obsessed with this stuff like I am (I have a strong feeling checking these forums at least once a day is way too much. ha), then you will absolutely love this game, despite it's many flaws. Just my two cents

this game is a disgrace to the asoiaf franchise, meaning that there are now 2 pc games based on the asoiaf and both are a pain in the ass when trying to play them -.-"

Activision releasing a Call of Duty every freaking year that is exactly the same as the one before it and millions buying it, that's a disgrace. This game is no disgrace. How long did you play it before it became "a pain in the ass"?

Activision releasing a Call of Duty every freaking year that is exactly the same as the one before it and millions buying it, that's a disgrace. This game is no disgrace. How long did you play it before it became "a pain in the ass"?

i realy tried to enjoy it but there are just too many things that have been done wrong, i have finaly given up after several hours of frustation, yes the story is not the worst and the locations aren't bad either, but the gameplay sucks hard, i hope there will be a video with the endings on youtube soon, i just can't continue playing this shit...

* controls are like nothing i have seen in a game for the last 5-6 years, it's just terrible

* the camera movement/control makes no sense

* fighting animations are bad

* the synchronisation and the speaking animations of the characters are destroying every last bit of a story that could have been good

* the combat is realy boring, it's not like dragon age, which i hoped it would be, it's much more boring and together with the bad controls nearly unplayable, it's too much based on luck and not on skill

* balance sucks hard

* the armors, gnarf where do i start here, they look too much like from an anime with oversized wow-style shoulderarmor, 12 year old kids like that but the majority of people interested in the asoiaf universe will hate it

* everything looks so french, i know that the developers are from france but it's a little bit to much french looking things they put into the game :/

* the engine is outdated and horrible, loading times take too long and the textures look like 2003-2004

* no replayability, once you finish a quest, you can just save/load the previous save to see what happens if you choose another dialogue option, well that could also be considered a good thing cause i realy would not want to replay those boring fights

* story deviations that doesn't make sense, jon arryn teasing a men because he never went to a brothel, jon arryn??? and a knight from the westerlands fighting besides the knights of the vale in the war of the usurper before the sack of kings landing?, badly investigated...

Overall it is a very bad game, i wished that they would have released the story as a comic, that would have been much better, i didn't expect much of the game in the first place but i didn't believe it would turn out to be this bad. It could have been better if they would have optimized it more before releasing it but it looks like the game has been rushed to get it out while season 2 is running, sadly.

I do acknowledge all the faults you stated, and I do agree that it is a rough game. And so I think the only way you can enjoy it is by getting past all those faults (and we shouldn't have to) and seeing some of the amazing parts in the game that I'm glad I got to see and experience. Trust me there are sections of the game that make the game worth it.

But I strongly agree with you that releasing it as a comic, or even a book. might have been a better decision.

I had little intention to buy this game (especially because my roomates ps3 went to his brother), then you guys gave it bad reviews.

Now my roomate got his playstation back (as of yesterday) and I got a $40 bonus on today's check. I was thinking to buy a game (mayhaps Tekken Vs Street Fighter) but i decided to see if you guys think this games shit.... you dont? Im bewildered. I haven't played a game since Skyrim (which was hot but grew old fast) but I still consider myself a gamer and i also consider myself obsessed with Ice and Fire (check my # of posts if you dont belive me) so should I get it?

And if yes

-should I get it new becasue it's that awsome or could i get it for 30$ with a used sticker on it?

-is it really fan fic, or does it seem like it's from Georgie boy's mind?

-How many hours of gameplay is it?

Think about it you single fourmers handedly can help me decide what to waste my money on before my landlord shows up! Much thanks

I invested a good forty hours in, game play wise everything do able. Honest this game for fans of the books and the show. I swore this was written by Mr Martin himself. Hell heeven make a cameo in the game.

I will tell you this since game-play was not poorly executed, and story amazing fit quite well into universal. But honest if he planing on making one of ending canon that would be very interesting.

Archived