Favourite Characters and Why?

Grimwolfe

Arya because she is instinctive and smart and just a kick ass character.

King Robert Baratheon because he was a beast as a warrior, was quite the bro, used a war hammer like a sword and was a badass Baratheon.

King Stannis because he's a badass Baratheon is no nonsense and is that guy.

The Greatjon (all Umbers) because he is like a northern Baratheon

The Ned because he is The Ned

Jon/Robb the sons of The Ned. nuff said

Tyrion everyones favorite drunken smartass and one of the best players in the game of thrones

Oberyn Martell because he was a great anti hero and one of the better fathers in the series

Brienne because she is the female Dunk with better fighting ability

Tyrion, for the same reasons as everybody else

Tywin, because he KICKS ASS

Oberyn Martell, because he KICKS ASS EVEN MORE.

The Queen of Thornes, always makes me smile.

Dolorous Edd. Enough said.

Jon, I think.

Stannis, I think. Because there's something cool about everything he says.

Davos, because he's the most "normal" POV and he's rational and reasonable.

And Jaime, Hot Pie and Littlefinger are always entertaining

Catelyn Stark, a loving mother and dutiful lady who tries her best to keep her family safe.

Sansa Stark, I think it's amazing how despite everything she's been through, she still capable of displaying acts of compassion and kindness and dreaming of a better future.

Theon Greyjoy, most interesting character currently.

Brienne of Tarth, the only true knight of Westeros.

Arya Stark, an incredibly complex character.

Davos Seaworth, because he's one of the few who knows how to balance decency and rationality and always do the right thing.

I couldn't put them in any particular order.

- Arya - she probably is my favorite so far. Been through so much, and she's a complete badass.

- Davos - The Onion Knight is the man!

- Brienne - Didn't like her as much on my first read, but on the reread I actually found her chapters to be some of my favorites.

- Jamie - (Ugh, Lannisters) Jamie's pretty cool though.

- Victarion - I don't understand all the hate for this guy. He's one of the most fearsome warriors we've seen in the books, a truely badass warrior, and if you haven't noticed thats a big part of these books.

- Asha - One of my favorite lady characters, so self assured, and I think thats what makes her cool!

-Sansa- She's had a tough rode as well, and hopefully she takes out Petyr and helps restore Winterfell.

Jon - A little sullen for my taste, but we meet Ygritte through him and I really liked her. Her death made me sad. :bawl:

Robb - The Young wolf, the King in the North, he's straight up sexy in my book.

Stannis - You gotta kinda root for the guy, but I think he might snap in the next few books.

- Some minor characters: Ygritte, The Myrish Swamp (lol), Genna Lannister, Podrick Payne!!, Ser Ilyn :blushing:,

Maybe more too, so many lol.

• 1 month later...

I've listed my favorite characters on this forum on many different threads more than once. Admittedly some of have changed over time but there are definitely few staples. However, I figure I'll sort them more like this. Here are some characters I love because in addition to being awesome, I feel like I connect with them on some personal level...

• Stannis Baratheon
  • Brynden Tully
  • Jon Snow
  • Robert Baratheon
  • Mance Rayder (this is mostly because Im a guitar player and hes a lute player to be honest)

Then pretty much all my other characters I just like because theyre fucking awesome.

Ned Stark: I love this man, he gave me six Stark children. He was the last good man of Westeros. I love Eddard Stark of Winterfell, son of the North, a husband and father. How I adore this man

Rhaegar Targaryen: I love this character he was tragic and at the end of the day I think he would have made a great King, though I love Ned I would not mind Rhaegar being Jon's father.

Jon Snow: He's been my fave since I lost myNed. I love love love his journey and struggles his story is the one I love the most. He's such a great person fighting for a realm that doesn't deserve it and he's lost so much and has a lot of responsibility and he's doing great besides getting stabbed but he's so awesome.

Robb Stark: I love myRobb he was the best King and would have been a great King. He was burdened with so much and he was undefeated on the battle field I loved the descriptions of Grey Wind running and fighting with him in battle, myRobb rocked!!

Arya Stark: I love this little girl, her POVs are insightful and heartbreaking. I love her relationship with her big brother Jon, I love how she is vengeful and her pain is so real and I like how she's like Lyanna Stark.

Bran Stark: I love him he's so adorable and special and I like where his story is going(until he turns into a tree)but I love this little boy and he makes me want to hug him a lot.

Rickon Stark: I know everybody forgets about sweet little Rickon but out of all the Starks he makes me so sad and worried. I love Rickon

Sansa Stark: I love Sansa she's such a brave compassionate person. Her pain was the most heart breaking and I thought she has shown so much growth and I love her story.

Danearys Targaryen: I love the Dragons especially this one

Tyrion Lannister: He's the best Lannister and he killed Tywin so he gets major points for that

Stannis Baratheon: bad-ass, a veteran and guy with a definite code of honour. I love it when you can understand a character for his actions based on what you know about him from his before-life; like Stannis developed a view that justice must always be served. Like a guy who was treated unfairly a lot. And the stuff he does in the series is awesome. I'm never bored when he's around in a chapter or when anybody even mentions him.

And best of all, he's bringing storylines together. I hate it how some storylines in Westeros are so far from each other when they can in real combine to provide such a thrilling read (ahem ahem Dany) and now thanks to Stannis' actions he's bringing POVs like Jon, Theon and Asha together and he's forming a rivalry with Bolton; as of the Stark-Lannister feud there have been too few active rivalries and Stannis is about to amend that.

Second best is a really tough choice but I'll go for Theon. Such an intriguing, wonderfully written, tragic character.

Jamie: Ever since he shoved Bran out that window with "the things I do for love" he's been one of the most interesting characters in the series. His chapters confirmed the fact and are still, for me, the most entertaining reading in the series.

Tyrion: Again, I find him, like Brienne, one of the most relatable characters in the series.

Brienne: She is the most relatable of all the characters in the books. Her struggles, foibles and aspiration strike me as the most real.

Robb: As close to a classic hero figure as this series ever came. The lost potential is tragic.

My favourite characters so far are Jon and Tyrion because i just really like their characters

I really liked the times they were together in GoT. I hope we see more of that later on!

My favorites:

Jon

Tyrion

Sandor Clegane (an incredibly complex character with much potential to do good things)

Ned (was so sad he died so early)

Bran (probably headed for being one of the most powerful people in the entire series)

Jamie (I hated him at first, but he has really changed for the better)

Pod (very brave and loyal)

Barriston Selmy

Arya (I hope she finds her way to a brighter future)

Dany

Edit: How could I forgot Davos? Probably as honorable as Ned and makes better choices.

Bran Stark: I love him he's so adorable and special and I like where his story is going(until he turns into a tree)but I love this little boy and he makes me want to hug him a lot.

He's not a tree yet. Chances are he won't be until he is very old...if he stays there that long. For now he is simply tying into the weirwood net. I for one will not be happy if he goes down a dark road as some people think. I have my doubts that he will.

POVs:

Tyrion: He's funny even after all the things that have been done to him. Tyrion's top moments were in ACoK and ASoS but I still like him.

Jon Snow: He's at the wall with the Others 'n' stuff.

Honorable mentions:

Jaime: Again some good humor.

Arya: The best POV along Tyrion and Jon during ACoK and ASoS. Got slightly boring after leaving Westeros.

Non POV's:

Sandor Clegane: He's badass. Doesn't give a shit about what people think about him.

Dolorous Edd: He's funny just like Tyrion, except his humor is pretty different.

Stannis: His humor is again different from anyone else's but it's still awesome.

At no particular order:

#1 Arya- she has a really awesome journey and to think she is barely 12! Such a she-wolf!

#2 Dany- she such a crazy person and she is always trying to do the right thing (which really fucked her in ADWD) but still executes proper punishments when they are deserved. I know most people hate her in her post-ADWD situation but please give her a chance, all she did she did for her people and we payed for it by having to read many boring chapters that lead up to a battle that happens a book later and way too much Douchario Naharis. Don't give up on her yet!!! Remember Book 1 and Book 3 Dany? That's the one I'm talking about.

#3 Davos- now that Ned is dead he's the purest sole in the story lol

#4 Theon/Jaime- their tied because both have a very good redemption arc and their chapters are always entertaining.

#5 Tyrion

#6 Jon- even though he was an idiot in book 5, his plot was perfect in book 3 and I respect that

#7 Sansa- she lost it all so quickly and now she is starting to take it back

#8 Arianne- the best of the new characters by far. She is like a good hearted version of Cersei- manipulative, seductive and generally awesome.

Least favorite character:

#POO Areo Hotah- so pointless. All his POVs could have just been from Arianne's perspective instead of the clusterfuck of new characters we got with AFFC. Hopefully he's going to be more interesting now that he's after Gerold Dayne but I don't know...

Archived