Season 2 Soundtrack Details

Westeros

I loved the soundtrack in the first season.... but this season seems a little weaker :(. And I don't know why, because Ramin Djawadi had more time to prepare this one.

Actually I think this one is way better . You only think that way because the first was new .

One thing: I'm ready to bet The Rains Of Castamere will be the closing of Blackwater.

Yet, in the order of the setlist, HOTU is placed before it... could it mean HOTU will appear in Blackwater episode... although I really much doubt it !

Actually I think this one is way better . You only think that way because the first was new .

It would be nice if you respected my opinion and not use that superior tone, like you know everything about me. No, I stand by what I said, this soundtrack is weaker, the only moment when it truly got my attention was Theon's baptism. Anyway, I am waiting for the entire soundtrack to listen it from start to end ... especially because the most important songs are yet to come.

I just listened to the Rains of "Castomere" .... I thought it was maybe a little too grim. That version on Winter is Coming is better then the one I found on youtube, but even so... yes, the story is sad, about the destruction of a house, but it is sung for the Lannisters, for whom it's something to be proud, so I think everyone would sing it in a cheerful way. Anyway, I guess in the show it will sound a little different, depending on the moment.

PS: "I will keep you safe" will be incredible in the show, I suppose it's a little scene with a little bird? :) The others, I'm extremely curious, especially The 3 blasts, that was the best prologue in all of asoiaf.

I am really excited about the Rains of Castamere because the only reason I can think of for it to appear in episode 10 is with some revelation that Talisa is actually Jeyne Westerling. I remember when Tywin revealed the wedding to Tyrion, he mentioned that the Westerlings were VERY familiar with the story of Castamere. It won't spare me the aggravation I've been feeling and I still will think they should have stuck closer to the book, but I just can not deal with Talisa staying Talisa from Volantis. I am hopeful, perhaps unwisely.

Well, I definitly see "The Rains of C" being the closing sequence of the Blackwater episode:

Tywin, Loras and their armies arrive, end the battle and Tyrion falls into unconscious and the song is played during the closing sequence.

But I agree with what someone said : TROC should be a more cheerful song, a song of conquest and victory...

I think of it as more of a song of vengeance and doom, basically a threat in song form. It doesn't really suit the atmosphere of Blackwater for me. Although I guess it is played at weddings, which I have always found a bit hard to understand.

To be honest, I don't like this version of The Rains of Castamere. I think the fan version from youtube is way better and more like I imagined it.

Well, this pretty much confirms on what the season will end with. I always hoped S2 would end with AsoS's prologue; really glad that it seems to be heading that way!

Can't wait for the soundtrack either; I absolutely adore Theon's theme. I'd have to put it right up there next to Goodbye Brother.

It would be nice if you respected my opinion and not use that superior tone, like you know everything about me. No, I stand by what I said, this soundtrack is weaker, the only moment when it truly got my attention was Theon's baptism. Anyway, I am waiting for the entire soundtrack to listen it from start to end ... especially because the most important songs are yet to come. I just listened to the Rains of "Castomere" .... I thought it was maybe a little too grim. That version on Winter is Coming is better then the one I found on youtube, but even so... yes, the story is sad, about the destruction of a house, but it is sung for the Lannisters, for whom it's something to be proud, so I think everyone would sing it in a cheerful way. Anyway, I guess in the show it will sound a little different, depending on the moment. PS: "I will keep you safe" will be incredible in the show, I suppose it's a little scene with a little bird? :) The others, I'm extremely curious, especially The 3 blasts, that was the best prologue in all of asoiaf.

What the hell are you talking about superior tone ? I was just saying that I feel this one is better than the other one .

OF COURSE!! i was hoping they'd end on that, it makes sense so they don't need to use the sets and actors again.

I dont know... I think the season will end with the three blasts, but next season will start with the slaughter of the FOFM and the chaotic retreat of the NW... so I guess they will use the sets and actors again.

I'm with the people who see the Rains of Castamere over the end credits of Blackwater. Maybe have a singer perform it on screen in a more upbeat way then have The National version over the credits after seeing the aftermath of the battle or whatever. (Then doing a similar thing for an episode much later on). It's definitely what Tyrion was whistling earlier on.

I've got to say I really like 'Warrior of Light', even though it makes Stannis seem evil when they play it over him doing something. It sounds like something out of Myst.

I'm with the people who see the Rains of Castamere over the end credits of Blackwater. Maybe have a singer perform it on screen in a more upbeat way then have The National version over the credits after seeing the aftermath of the battle or whatever. (Then doing a similar thing for an episode much later on). It's definitely what Tyrion was whistling earlier on.

Yeah, I'm on this side too ! But damn, didnt think of the possibility that someone might sing the song on the battlefield only to have it in the end afterwards, excellent idea !

I really like the grim and melancholic Rains of Castamere, can't wait to find out how they used it, most likely in a montage as someone stated on the previous page.

Archived