Season 2 Soundtrack Details

Westeros

Thanks to Film Music Reporter, we’ve the full track listing for the Game of Thrones Season 2 soundtrack (Preorder at Amazon: US, UK), which has been pushed back to a June 19th release date. 51fNOnjzwFL._SL500_AA300_.jpgHere’s the full list… and there’s some vague spoilers in here, so beware:

• 1. Main Title (1:46)
  • 2. The Throne Is Mine (3:15)
  • 3. What Is Dead May Never Die (2:06)
  • 4. Warrior Of Light (3:03)
  • 5. Valar Morghulis (2:59)
  • 6. Winterfell (2:42)
  • 7. Qarth (2:11)
  • 8. Wildfire (3:39)
  • 9. I Am Hers, She Is Mine (2:17)
  • 10. Pyat Pree (2:12)
  • 11. Don’t Die With A Clean Sword (3:22)
  • 12. We Are The Watchers On The Wall (2:37)
  • 13. Pay The Iron Price (2:32)
  • 14. One More Drink Before The War (2:05)
  • 15. House Of The Undying (5:02)
  • 16. Stand And Fight (2:04)
  • 17. The Old Gods And The New (2:38)
  • 18. Mother Of Dragons (2:34)
  • 19. I Will Keep You Safe (2:17)
  • 20. The Rains Of Castomere† Performed by The National (2:23)
  • 21. Three Blasts (2:40)

Yes, “The Rains of Castamere” is misspelled, and yes, we’ve seen to it that HBO has been notified just in case that can be fixed. Most notable about it is the fact that it seems we’ll be getting a rendition of the song by the indie rock band The National. We’re guessing that if it appears on the show, it’ll be an end credits thing rather than somehow shoe-horning them into an actual episode!

Visit the Site!

I am curious where "The Rains of Castemere" will appear. Only two episodes left, and the both seem jam-packed. It doesn't seem like a song that would fit the end credits of the remaining two episodes. Will it be played to Cersei & friends during the battle to calm their nerves?

I bought the soundtrack for season 1, so I guess I'll have to get this one too. Although to be honest the music has been a lot less memorable this year... maybe the last two episodes will surprise me.

I am curious where "The Rains of Castemere" will appear. Only two episodes left, and the both seem jam-packed. It doesn't seem like a song that would fit the end credits of the remaining two episodes. Will it be played to Cersei & friends during the battle to calm their nerves?

THE NATIONAL PLAYING "The Rains of Castemere" !!!!! SUPERB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i heard the song and i think could appear in the ending credits of ep9 .... at least part of it....

The Rains of Castomere (sic) is epic, I cannot stop listening to it. The singer from The Nationals has such an incredible voice and he gives the song such depth and pathos. Can't wait to see how they use it in the show.

Forgive my ignorance of anything musical--it says the House of the Undying lasts 5:02. So, does that mean that's how long that scene lasts, too?
Not at all. In a show they will use cuts from songs, you almost never hear the whole song in the soundtrack. So it doesn't really mean anything at all with regards to running time of that scene/scenes.

Archived