Watch Out Canada: the mercenary family invades!

We're going to be in downtown Terranna, so no worries there.

We'll arrive sometime Friday afternoon and probably just chill oot, get situated, eat dinner and the like.

Saturday will be the touristy stuff. More dinner, and maybe drinks? Nothing too crazy because we're back up early Sunday to head back to DC.

We're going to need a vacation after this vacation.

dearest neighbouring canada,

this is a friendly warning that the combined might and mania that is mercenarychef and kairparavel will be visiting her native land in july.

july 8th to 10th in ottawa

board folks who would like to try to get together for a drink or something while we are oop north.

If you have some time the evening of July 8, we could pick a place and time.

I'm a noob, probably a floob, too, but would like to meet some boarders.

Cheers, from now much cooler Ottawa!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say I've been trying to find a decent place for a meet up. There's a bar, a pub, actually, a Scottish pub, that carries 150 kinds of Scotch, European (and other) beers, and various whiskeys. I dragged my brother and sister-in-law over there on the weekend, they looked grimly at me (how dare I bring them to a pub!) but the back patio is quiet and airy, and they ordered the fish and chips and declared them the best they've tasted in recent memory or possibly ever. And I had poached salmon on salad for my dinner, and the steaks that went by looked great. And if you really have to have it, they do have some haggis derived menu itmes. :ack: Not much for dessert though, treacle pudding or something, and deep fried Mars bars. Yes. Scottish.

The pub is at College and Ossington, which is just west of downtown. It's called the Caledonian, and I've screwed up my page settings somehow and can't add the link, I'll do it later. Oh, and the waitress says the web page isn't up to date, more whiskeys have been added. And I'm going there tomorrow, taking some friend's kids, for a bourbon tasting in celebration of the 4th of July. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. :lol:

And Ossington is the latest hip hot spot in town, if you wanted to look for any additional drinking holes.

On Sunday, depending on when you are leaving, I also found a restaurant/bar that does a metal brunch. My metal head friends are quite enthused about the place. But maybe you'll be leaving early?

ETA: all subject to what Ice Crow and LoON have to say, of course. Just a suggestion. :)

Ooh, intriguing. Sounds great! A pub might be just what we need after our Montreal indulgences at Joe Beef and Au Pied de Cochon.

Sunday we will be up and leaving at the buttcrack of early. I believe we have stops at Niagara Falls and then breakfast/brunch in Buffalo with a former colleague of MC's.

Once we head out Friday, we'll have zilcho internet til Sunday night. I'll pm my email/phone and we can hopefully set up something in Terrana!

The long-range forecast looks bootiful! So hurrah for that. We're staying at the Sheraton City Centre, (Queen St W/University).

Au Pied de Cochon is a place I'd like to eat at the next time I'm in Montreal too. Charcuterie has just become huge in Toronto - there are places that aspire to do things with all parts of various animals, perhaps you'd like to do a Friday dinner too? Not that I want to be too annoying, lol. The Black Hoof is one place, there are others. http://theblackhoof.com/

And if you haven't tried it yet, The Caledonian is here: http://www.thecaledonian.ca/

Sure! Note - no reservations. So they opened a bar across the street where patrons can wait. The restaurant is very small, the food is great. Haven't eaten there in a while. If you are willing to take the chance of having a wait, I'd love to go with you. Friday night? Both Friday and Saturday night will be busy. A lot of neat places have opened, and they are all small.

i am down with trying to eat there saturday evening. i am cool with being there when they open the door. there are just too many things on the menu i must eat.

spicy horse tartare, foie and nutella, beef tendon and grits! holy fuck!

and yeah, fragile bird we would eat with you. let us know.

Lol! Hell, we can order everything on the menu, I don't give a damn. We can do cocktails, or beer, or I have bottles of 2009 Far Niente chardonnay that need to be drunk, though I don't know if they do bring your own or not, I'd have to check. :P

We're going to be in downtown Terranna, so no worries there.

We'll arrive sometime Friday afternoon and probably just chill oot, get situated, eat dinner and the like.

Saturday will be the touristy stuff. More dinner, and maybe drinks? Nothing too crazy because we're back up early Sunday to head back to DC.

We're going to need a vacation after this vacation.

Every vacation worth taking requires a recovery vacation.

Do you want to join us? I tried to PM you, lol, your mailbox is full.

I would love to but sadly I'm in Montreal now (or almost always anyway).

And thanks for the heads up, I didn't even know the mailbox could fill up.

in ottawa right now. just ate at murray street kitchen. it was our second time and simply fantastic. they really do a great job there

the black hoof on saturday. sounds great!

we are looking forward to seeing you all.

I trust blue jeans are ok? That's what I plan to wear, it's quite casual. And I don't want to drop any tongue, grits or charcuterie on a dress.

I trust blue jeans are ok? That's what I plan to wear, it's quite casual. And I don't want to drop any tongue, grits or charcuterie on a dress.

i know we are wearing jeans. so i hope that helps you with your garment conundrum.

catch you tomorrow! horse tartare, oh my!

Archived