Series three characters

Arataniello

Well...Arstan was already cast, since he was in Season 1. If they bother to go with the whole "Arstan" thing. It's easy to "trick" the reader by describing an older man with a beard...not so easy to trick the viewers, who will probably recognize Ser Barristan, even with a beard.

Will they? There are some viewers who didn't realize that it was a Kingsguard who tried to kill Tyrion, even though the camera had pointed at their trademarked, extremely distinctive helmets zillion times before.

Also: I wouldn't consider Ser Barristan to be unforgettable. Not in the books (at least not until ASOS) and not in the show.

The only thing i see missing from that list is a few Reach Characters

Ramsy's storyline doesn't come back till Dance so we have to wait till at least season 5 if not 6 for him and Arstan will probably still be played by the same dude who played Baristan, and we may see him in the season finale

The Reach ? Well, apart from the Tyrells, there are not that much notable Reach characters (the Florents maybe, and Selyse is enough, over there, maybe Axel, too...).

But for the Tyrells, yeah, I guess they'd have to cast Mace as well... and I'd like to see Garlan and Alerie too.

Ramsay... He will either appear in the last episodes for a minute or so or will be cast in the seasons to come (maybe he doesn't lead the assault on Winterfell). Remember that in the books we don't see Ramsay until ADWD...

in the books you see him in Clash of Kings? he's Reek then he punches Theon when he comes back and fecks up Winterfell

"Well-known" actors have two problems. First, they cost more money. Second, they can distract the viewer by recalling other well-known characters they've famously played.

They got Sean Bean for Ned, which was a great move for many reasons, including face recognition, respect in the industry, skill, Boromir, and his native accent. But be sure he cost $$$.

"Well-known" actors have two problems. First, they cost more money. Second, they can distract the viewer by recalling other well-known characters they've famously played.

They got Sean Bean for Ned, which was a great move for many reasons, including face recognition, respect in the industry, skill, Boromir, and his native accent. But be sure he cost $$$.

Also, they got him knowing it would only be for one season. He gave them a solid foundation to help build an audience, but they knew they weren't going to be paying him until 2018 or whenever.

I'm so glad the Reeds were not cut, I must admit I was getting pretty despondant about the show, but I think I'm ok now.

I guess he's probably too "well-known," but Jason Isaacs should be in there. Awake was cancelled, he's free. I need him on tv...

I'm so glad the Reeds were not cut, I must admit I was getting pretty despondant about the show, but I think I'm ok now.

I guess he's probably too "well-known," but Jason Isaacs should be in there. Awake was cancelled, he's free. I need him on tv...

He would've been a great Roose Bolton. Perhaps Randyll Tarly?

Hmm... Darkstar perhaps?

I'm guessing Darkstar isn't going to be in the show till season 6 or even 7, since he appeared in Feast for Crows. IF he even appears since he doesn't really do much :P

Yeah they changed who killed Rodrik and Luwin, they'd sure change who nicks Myrcella's ear if it'll save them an action scene.

The odd thing is that there are none of the Dornish characters... so that should give give us some clue as to where the book might be split...

Rather looking forward to a Nymeria Sand appearance a few seasons from now.

There's this new 'theory' in the Valar Morghulis discussion that Dagmer will open the gates for Ramsay (since Robb has said all Ironborn who surrender can leave), afterwards Ramsay will slaughter them all and sack Winterfell. No way Dagmer is Ramsay himsell, just doesn't make any sense.

I still think it has to do with the offer Robb made, that the others could go home if they gave up Theon. My guess is that Dagmer decided to hand over Theon to Ramsay, and Ramsay was cool with that. Would be a good way to get Theon into Ramsay's hands in spite of the changes that have been made.

Post-season 2 finale, we obviously did not get Ramsay, Belwas or Ser Arstan showing up, so it is still open whether they will be appearing in season 3 (and just not announced yet) or have been cut.

I am hoping the dreadful season 2 finale means we can categorically say that Dagmer =/= Ramsay, given how he said "let's go home" after thumping Theon.

[mod]

Since this is an open forum, I was trying to skirt around identifying Ser Arstan categorically as someone we have previously met. Please remember that there will be non-readers looking at posts, and what may not be considered a spoiler for a reader WILL be a spoiler for non-readers.

[/mod]

Archived