London party

Ser Sean

Between us we can rustle up a footie and a rugby ball so if the weather is fine we could go to one of the parks and run off a hangover or two.

The queues at The Eye are much reduced V and during the week you can just stroll right on. Might be busier from Saturday onwards though.

If people do fancy The Eye we could get a boat down The Thames to Greenwich where the park and Royal Observatory and stuff are. The boats have commentaries which are quite cool. The boat leaves from Westminster Pier, where The Eye is.

Let's just float a few ideas around and see how incapacitated we are on the day.

An Open-Top Bus Tour is almost traditional though. Can we wait until it is raining/hailing/snowing?

Still have yet to hear from a lot of people reguarding the party, but I will book it anyway. Be warned myself and Barry will be on the door so if your names not down you aint getting in. :P

I will book a buffet too and I will keep costs to a minimum (probably around £10 per head).

Anyone with any objections has until monday to voice them.

The London eye has indeed calmed a bit but, it will pick up again around may time, although it can be booked in advance (not to hard to organise since the hostel is only a few mins walk away).

Barry's idea about the Thames trip to Greenwich is a good one, but will indeed cost some money, so it may be poo pooed. :P

Personally, I think Greenwich is a great idea. We don't necessarily have to get there by boat. It'll be gorgeous that time of year no matter what.

N

Personally, I think Greenwich is a great idea. We don't necessarily have to get there by boat. It'll be gorgeous that time of year no matter what.

N

The boat trip is half the fun. The captain does a commentary and it is really good (he points out cool pubs and their history and other stuff too :P )

I'll have a scout and see if I can dig up some fare indication for the boat trip.

Edit to add Thames cruise prices.

Yeah, I know. (Been on the trip.) Just thought that if that cost was too high, it would still be a lovely place to spend Sunday afternoon. Greenwich has some lovely pubs and places to eat.

N

ps turns out the cost isn't too high (from what I can glean). I think it's a grand idea. We can go to Greenwich on the Sunday and when my team are finally relegated I can throw myself into the Thames. :P

Saturday is the day when I can come and meet you all, I might be able to pop in for randomly on the other days too maybe, don't quite know yet.

I like the party idea, do we have a venue yet?

The Greenwich boat trip is fun to do, and the guy who does the commentary is quite funny, and you'll get a discount on the fare if you have a a valid travelcard. How many people will have one on that day? The boat ride takes you right past the Golden Hind and other pubs which is where, correct me if im wrong, another London meet up is sheduled to take place a week earlier?

will that be a problem if I bring 2 friends to the party? I wouldn't want them to get bounced...

Not a problem, but can you find out by monday evening/tuesday morning if they will be coming?

I need to know numbers, so I can hire out an appropriate venue and get enough food ordered.

Also, if they do come they will have to pay the same amount as everyone else.

The more people that come the better the party will be though, so try and get them to come. :)

Archived