London party

Ser Sean

If people do fancy The Eye we could get a boat down The Thames to Greenwich where the park and Royal Observatory and stuff are. The boats have commentaries which are quite cool. The boat leaves from Westminster Pier, where The Eye is.

I've not done the same boat trip you're talking about, but the one I did was a good way to see London. I've been up the Eye, although I might be willing to go up it again, possibly after dark - I imagine the view is quite different then?

Anyway, most of the suggestions of stuff to do seem fine, including the suggested party.

I should really ask about any dietary requirements.

I know Zak is allergic to pretty much everything so I have a bubble waiting for him, but do we have any others?

How many vegetarians do we have?

Speak now or forever go hungry (well for one night anyway). :P

I'm inconsequent concerning almost everything, but I'm thankful if I am not forced to eat meat. I usually find something, though, and be it the salad-leaf decoration;)

If all else fails, alcohol has some nourishing values, I hear;)

Hooray for parties , can i reserve for me + 1 , can I dj a bit too ? Got a laptop and have alraedy got a few westerosi suitable tunes together . If you think it`s shit , just shout me off . But I think my seventies disco mix of " the things I do for love " might go down well ...

They have pubs near the hostel. Lots of them. They all sell beer.

There is even a pub in the fricking hostel. It sells beer.

Sean should be booking up a private bar in one of those pubs sometime today for the Saturday Party. This pub also sells beer.

My head hurts.

Party booked

As Barry has reported, we went on a scouting mission on tuesday and much beer was consumed.

Luckily we had the sense to visit the likely party venues near the start of our march down Borough high road.

The party will be held at 'The George inn' (which is about 50 yards from our hostel) from 19:30 til 00:00.

The cost will be £10 per person including buffet.

There are absolutely loads of really nice pubs in the area around the hostel and as Barry stated, our hostel has a decent bar. We talked to the hostel bar manager and he told us he would be more than happy to welcome us and keep numbers down in the bar so we can have an evening there (we think it would be the best place on the thursday night as we wait for people to arrive).

If we want to move away from Borough for a night, a friend of ours has a really nice pub on the Thames by putney bridge (the starting point of the boat race) and he doesn't mind reserving an area for us, but we can discuss this over the next week or two.

Archived