[Spoilers] The Three Dragon Heads?

I freely admit to not really knowing who will get to ride the dragons, but remember that more than one person can ride a dragon and you do not have to be a Targaryen to do so. GRRM said so.

Here are the characters I would like to see ride a dragon:

1. Arya, seriously that would be awesome.

2. Tyrion. He's taken so much grief over being a dwarf. Bet those comments stop when he flies in on a massive fire generator. And he's already designed special saddles for horses. Dragons are a natural progression (in storyworld, that is).

3. Darkstar. Is there anyone who doesn't want to see this?

4. Tommen, because he'd have a blast doing it. Plus he could take out all the beet fields.

5. Sandor. He'd have to get over his fear of fire and what better way than being in control of living fire?

6. Bran. Bloodraven did promise him that he would fly. Strap him on securely and he can warg the whole flight.

7. Arianne. She's a fiery sort. I could see her riding dragons.

8. Barristan. Dismiss him from the Kingsguard, he comes back on a dragon. Imagine the look on Cersei's face.

9. Sansa. Actually I don't see this happening, but with all the bird imagery why not a different kind of flight? Possible she could turn badass with the right ride.

10. Shireen. Kid needs a break. And she'd had those dreams of dragons eating her. I think she should master one instead.

Honorable mention: Rickon. He and Shaggydog are fierce. Put him on Drogon and havoc shall be wreaked.

ETA: I also freely admit I was not going for likely here. Pretty sure Jon will ride a dragon at some point.

1. Arya for one I could see finding one of Danny's dragons on Bravoes after it was injured during the battle of Meereen. Arya would find one of the dragons and help mend it back to health in doing so Arya and the dragon form a bond which lets eventually Arya to ride the dragon. Danny finds out about the where abouts her missing dragon finding both dragon and it's new rider Arya Stark.

2. Tyrion getting a dragon would be great especially if ended up being related to Danny just having Tyrion ending up in Kingslanding riding a dragon and seeing Cerseis epression would worth all the gold in the kingdom.

3. Jon not just because I think that he is L&R son but the idea of Jon getting revenge on those families that tryed to kill off the Stark family by using dragon fire on them.

1. Arya for one I could see finding one of Danny's dragons on Bravoes after it was injured during the battle of Meereen. Arya would find one of the dragons and help mend it back to health in doing so Arya and the dragon form a bond which lets eventually Arya to ride the dragon. Danny finds out about the where abouts her missing dragon finding both dragon and it's new rider Arya Stark.

snip

3. Jon not just because I think that he is L&R son but the idea of Jon getting revenge on those families that tryed to kill off the Stark family by using dragon fire on them.

Winter is coming...on dragons!

What does Arya have to do with the Three Heads of the Dragon? She is a female. In the books we have informations, that Daenerys mentions, that the other heads of the Dragon will be male. It is known, all the talk about the subject is about who are the male, who will ride the other two Dragons.

What does Arya have to do with the Three Heads of the Dragon? She is a female. In the books we have informations, that Daenerys mentions, that the other heads of the Dragon will be male. It is know, all the talk about the subject is about who are the male, who will ride the other two Dragons.

Daenerys thinks the other two will be male. She doesn't know that for sure. And dragons can be ridden by more than one person.

Daenerys thinks the other two will be male. She doesn't know that for sure. And dragons can be ridden by more than one person.

Dragons can be ridden by more than one person, if the predecessor died and a familiar person steps forward to ride the dragon. In the same time no Dragon can be ridden by two different persons. It is known. And the other two will be male because the story repeats itself--> Aegon had Belerion and his sisters had Meraxes and Vhagar. So the line is female-male-female or in our case male-female-male.

What does Arya have to do with the Three Heads of the Dragon? She is a female. In the books we have informations, that Daenerys mentions, that the other heads of the Dragon will be male. It is know, all the talk about the subject is about who are the male, who will ride the other two Dragons.

That maybe true but I believe that Arya will have a key role if Jon Snow is related by blood to Daenerys. Even if Jon is related to Daenery Jon has no knowledge of that side of the family other then Daenery's father murdering Jon's uncle and grandfather. If Danenerys wants Jon Snow help she must first make peace with the Starks and Arya is a Stark and Jon Snow's little sister. As for Arya she is no girl like Sansa who ends up on her back, Arya will most likely shove a sword in threw your eye out your skull and cracking your skull with a battle axe.

Dragons can be ridden by more than one person, if the predecessor died and a familiar person steps forward to ride the dragon. In the same time no Dragon can be ridden by two different persons. It is known. And the other two will be male because the story repeats itself--> Aegon had Belerion and his sisters had Meraxes and Vhagar. So the line is female-male-female or in our case male-female-male.

Not so. There are dragonriders who took someone riding with them on occasion. Admittedly only one was the true dragonrider, the other was a passenger. And as you say, if the dragonrider dies another can become the dragon's rider. I do not expect all three original dragon riders in this story to live to the end. So there could very well be more than just three dragonriders before the series is finished.

I know the pattern seems to indicate that the other two will be male, but GRRM likes to turn things on their heads and shock the readers by subverting what is logically supposed to come next, so it is not outside the realm of possibility that there could also be some female dragonriders.

Maybe it's just me but I totally hate the idea of three dragonriders saving the day. It's so overdone, the riding dragons thing. Heck, dragons in general.

Where do you get these strict male-female-male-eunuch formation ideas? Where does that even come from? I feel like I must have missed reading The 1001 Rules of Dragonriding somewhere.

If people are riding dragons then clearly it is either

Dany, Aegon, Jon

or

Dany, Jon, Tyrion

I lean towards the latter as I can't believe three people ripping out of their mothers doesn't have some connection thematically.

But I so hate the dragon riding :/

ETA: And PLEASE no one from Dorne!!

I can honestly see GRRM killing off all three dragons either before or during the fight with the Others. Perhaps humans will have to set aside their belief and hopes of a supernatural salvation and have to come together and solve the problem themselves - sage advice for a contemporary audience. I believe before the series is over magic will once again die away and be forgotten, paving the way for a period of enlightenment.

Foolishness, with the Dragons dead again the Winter will rule forever in the Sunset Kingdoms. When the last of Dragons died, the Winters grew long and too cruel. The people of the Seven Kingdoms survived thus far, but what will come, when the last of the Dragons extinct forever? Can they survive? Not so possible. Winter is coming and without magic, Westeros will be destroyed by the Others, who have huge numbers in comparison to the the Westerosi.

As for the Dragonlords, yes they took sometimes some other people with them upon their Dragons, but no Dragon accepts two Dragonriders in the same time. This is known. I also read above, that some people think, that there will be female Dragonriders except Daenerys. Do you think, that Daenerys will accept as Dragonriders other people, who might not be loyal to her? In addition some believe, that Arya has a chance with some of the two other Dragons. I cannot imagine her having a Dragon: a) Daenerys thinks that the other Lords will be males/ b ) Will she let a female and especially a Stark to ride one of her Dragons?/ c) She thinks that the Starks are the Usurper's dogs and in the beginning they were./ d) Her Dragons are already bound to her, because she hatched them and has the natural Dragonbond the Targaryens formed all these years, when they had Dragons and she won't let anyone unknown to her have the right to ride a Dragon.

Her dragon(s) are not bound to her, only Drogon. If she was to try and mount the other two she will get herself eaten or roasted. One dragon per rider. It is known.

I think it would be a fitting end for her to be eaten due to her arrogance. Daenerys is the definition of hubris.

The last of the Dragons are bound to her. She hatched them from petrified eggs. No other Targaryen or Lord of the Old has ever hatched three Dragons in the same time. Targaryens didn't use Dragonhorns to bind Dragons to them. The Dragons were bound to them from the state of unhatched Dragons inside the eggs. That is confirmed in the Dangerous Women. If it is, as you say so and the other two Dragons are not bound to her, then how does it happen, that they accepted her even to the state of the Mother. We see in the Dangerous Women that the Dragonseeds, who tried to tame and ride the two wild Dragons upon Dragonstone didn't have always success. We also see, that the young Targaryens slept with their Dragon Eggs. We also see that the daughter of Prince Daemon Targaryen by Laena Velaryon had three eggs in her possession and was praying for their hatching. See the following passage from the book: Rhaena, the thirteen-year-old daughter of Prince Daemon by Laena Velaryon, was chosen to accompany him. Known as Rhaena of Pentos, for the city of her birth, she was no dragonrider, her hatchling having died some years before, but she brought three dragon’s eggs with her to the Vale, where she prayed nightly for their hatching.

We see that members of the Great House Targaryen had in their possession not one but two and three Dragon eggs and we hoping for their hatching. I would like to emphasize, that Rhaena of Pentos was praying not for the hatching of one but three Dragons in the same time, which means that there was possibility to have three Dragons in the same time, even if you don't ride them yourself. I think that her purpose was to hatch the three Dragons and possibly give the other two to some other Targaryens, but she would have hatched the Dragons and they would have been in her care.

Foolishness, with the Dragons dead again the Winter will rule forever in the Sunset Kingdoms. When the last of Dragons died, the Winters grew long and too cruel. The people of the Seven Kingdoms survived thus far, but what will come, when the last of the Dragons extinct forever? Can they survive? Not so possible. Winter is coming and without magic, Westeros will be destroyed by the Others, who have huge numbers in comparison to the the Westerosi.

As for the Dragonlords, yes they took sometimes some other people with them upon their Dragons, but no Dragon accepts two Dragonriders in the same time. This is known. I also read above, that some people think, that there will be female Dragonriders except Daenerys. Do you think, that Daenerys will accept as Dragonriders other people, who might not be loyal to her? In addition some believe, that Arya has a chance with some of the two other Dragons. I cannot imagine her having a Dragon: a) Daenerys thinks that the other Lords will be males/ b ) Will she let a female and especially a Stark to ride one of her Dragons?/ c) She thinks that the Starks are the Usurper's dogs and in the beginning they were./ d) Her Dragons are already bound to her, because she hatched them and has the natural Dragonbond the Targaryens formed all these years, when they had Dragons and she won't let anyone unknown to her have the right to ride a Dragon.

If the Heart of Winter is destroyed, they probably won't need the dragons to balance it out anymore.

Dany has some bond with all three of the dragons but she can only ride one, and she can't control who the dragons choose to let ride them. She may have some influence but if Viserion decides person X is going to ride him, then person X is going to ride him, whether his mother likes it or not. Arya could well be in disguise and Dany would not know who she is, or that she's even female. The FM plotline really opens up a world of possibilities in this story.

If the Heart of Winter is destroyed, they probably won't need the dragons to balance it out anymore.

Dany has some bond with all three of the dragons but she can only ride one, and she can't control who the dragons choose to let ride them. She may have some influence but if Viserion decides person X is going to ride him, then person X is going to ride him, whether his mother likes it or not. Arya could well be in disguise and Dany would not know who she is, or that she's even female. The FM plotline really opens up a world of possibilities in this story.

I agree Arya and Dany have never met and even Dany tells Arya who she is does not mean Arya will do the same the potential for the introduction of Arya Stark to Dany Targaryen could be done in many fashions. Lord Barristan could recognize Arya not as Arya Stark but as the ghost of Lyanna Stark. This could lead to a small conflict between Dany and Arya only to realize they both need each other not just as allies in this war but this can also turn into a friendship between the two as if they were sisters.

I'm sorry man. I'm not trying to be a jerk but...... Is english your primary language?!?!? Because honestly reading your post was painful. Please try to work on your english skills there buddy

• 2 weeks later...

Aegon will be one of the dragon heads but he will be attacked and as he lays dying, Bran will warg into HIM (not the dragon). He then gets to fly, be a warrior and end up king of the Iron Throne with Dany as his queen. Something in the Stark lineage will make him the blood of the Dragon, regardless of the connection to Aegon.

I do not believe Dany is a head of the dragon - she is the mother of dragons.

Arya will have Drogon and either Jon or Tyrion will be the third head of the dragon. Either way, Jon will be King of the north (or king of Winter) and the Lord of Winterfall.

I don't think Jon is the son of R & L because Ned wouldn't have let him join the Night Watch without telling him, first.

Aegon will be one of the dragon heads but he will be attacked and as he lays dying, Bran will warg into HIM (not the dragon). He then gets to fly, be a warrior and end up king of the Iron Throne with Dany as his queen. Something in the Stark lineage will make him the blood of the Dragon, regardless of the connection to Aegon.

I do not believe Dany is a head of the dragon - she is the mother of dragons.

Arya will have Drogon and either Jon or Tyrion will be the third head of the dragon. Either way, Jon will be King of the north (or king of Winter) and the Lord of Winterfall.

I don't think Jon is the son of R & L because Ned wouldn't have let him join the Night Watch without telling him, first.

All evidence seems to point to Jon being the son of Rhaegar. Ned had shown that he was protecting Jon throughout his life by giving him shelter as his son. By letting him go to the watch, he probably thought he was protecting him, as the watch is supposed to be seperate from the rest of the world. If Jon was a Targaryen, it would make sense for Dany, Jon and Aegon to be the dragon riders, the three being the last Targaryens.

Who do you think will be riding Dany's Dragons by TWoW and TDoS. What role will the Dragons have in the last 2 books?

I have always had the theory of Dany riding Drogon (obv), Aegon riding Viserion and Jon riding Rhaegal. I think they all symbolise something about the previous characters they were named after. Drogon is the "Grim Reaper" and the transportation for Dany to head back to the Night Lands. I think Dany will die at the end of the series, and Drogon (and the dragons) are there to help her complete her final task, which is to defeat The Others and help Jon reach the Iron Throne.

Aegon w/ Viserion is mainly because he truly reminds me of "The Beggar King". I believe he could be real, but he is so reminiscent of Vieserys in his leading the GC to Storms End, flying his banners etc. He's everything Viserys was, and dreamed of accomplishing. I believe he will reach KL and rule with Sansa Stark, however i don't see it lasting too long.

Jon i see riding Rhaegal. I think Jon is the only person in the books that resembles Rhaegar and i see him riding Rhaegal. There is the theory that R+L=J lol, but i think the fact he always has honour and protects those closest to him (Val, Aemon, Sam etc). I also remember the phrase Jorah told Dany about Rhaegal:

"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."

I can see him married to Arriane Martell, strangely enough. I think Val and Sam could become the 1000th LC and next Maester at The Wall, respectively. Chosen at the behest by King Jon Snow, who could move the Iron Throne to Winterfell where he reigns there.

Thoughts? Who else do you think could become the 3 heads. :)

Sam will never be commander. Nobody outside of Jon and a few others respect him enough. He'd have to suffer a concussion that renders his cowardly brain immune to fear, lose a hundred pounds, and kill an Other by biting its arm off before the NW will respect him enough to let him lead.

I think there's a lot of confusion about "The Dragon has 3 heads".

I'd like to point out that "The Dragon" implies one (1) Targaryen.... which is probably Daenerys, because she's the one with 3 dragons.... hence, "3 heads". As I mentioned in another post:

I think the Dragon is Daenerys and her 3 dragons are the heads. It may seem to obvious, which would cause many to think it not true.... BUT I can totally see GRRM doing that on purpose. He's very sly that way. Sometimes the best way to hide something is in plain site.

Seriously... take a look at the Targaryen House sigil: A single Dragon with 3 dragon heads.... the sigil is NOT a Dragon with one wolf head, one stag head, and one lion head. Duh. The Dragon already has 3 heads... Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal... DONE.

BUT, other characters could certainly be riders :-) And there's certainly lots of possible dragonriders. I highly recommend reading GRRM's novella "The Princess and the Queen" (found in Dangerous Women), as it provides a lot of insight into the lore of dragonriders.

Archived