[Spoilers] The Three Dragon Heads?

Rhager and Lyanna weren't married.

Why would Rhaeger risk yet another Targayen succession dispute. Aegon married 2 women, his son from one wife killed the other wife's son and died for it.

They were hiding in the middle of nowhere for almost a whole fucking year.

Rhager could have stopped the War at the start by asking Rickard.

Rhaeger didn't even try and stop the War peacefully anytime after it started, because he was an arrogant wanker. He knew he had to kill Eddard and Robert.

Rhaeger doesn't even go home once.

Rhaeger was mad, not BURN THE CITY mad, he was ocd about a prophecy he got wrong atleast twice before.

The 3 Kingsguard weren't guarding anything or anyone.

Aerys told them to get Rhaeger, the only way he would leave is if they looked after Lyanna, they did.

They made no attempt to guard Lyanna or her children, they just wanted to die. They didn't use the Tower, they didn't attempt to flee.

The whole thing is tradegy between an obessed arogant aresehole and a young self obessed naive teenage girl. They caused a War that got half their family killed and 1000s of people ontop of that.

Jon being legimate and/or the prince who was promised (or any prophetic "messiah". Ruins the entire tragedy. Might aswell be Twilight at that point.

Jon and Dany won't fall in love/marry.

Aegon doesn't matter if he is fake or not ruined any chance of Jon's parentage meaning anything. Aegon is real (or atleast believed to be) Jon is a second son, Aegon is fake (or real but gets framed) noone will ever believe Jon is real. People didn't believe Stannis about Cerseis brats.

Jon won't ride a Dragon.

Tyrion yes maybe.

One Dragon is bound to die. Either Visenya by Drogon (happened once already), or Drogon by both in a double team or R vs V ends up with one dead and Tyrion nursing the other back to health.

1. Why would Rhaegar care about risking another succession dispute? He cared more about fulfilling the prophecy...and it was clear that he and Lyanna had feelings for one another.

2. The Kingsguard wouldn't 'bargain' with the Prince over staying or going. They stayed because 'they swore an oath'.

3. They would never flee, they are the Kingsguard. Why would they box themselves in by fighting inside with swords? Or risk the lives of Lyanna and her children by fighting inside?

4. You are diminishing the role that the Mad King and the rest of the Targaryans played in their downfall. It wasn't all Rhaegar's fault.

5. There's no evidence that this story was ever a 'tragedy'. It has bad things happen, yes...but that doesn't make it a tragedy. And comparing it to Twilight is ludicrous.

6. I doubt they fall in love, as we've had no indication that would ever happen.

7. No one's birthright guarantees them anything. But Jon's parentage means more than just 'Is he the rightful king?' in this story...it's more about the Prince Who Was Promised (or Azor Ahai, or whatever) being the song of Ice and Fire and leading the fight against the Others. Sitting the Iron Throne means nothing if there isn't someone who can save Westeros from destruction. The only thing Jon's parentage really means at this point is that he could possibly be that person. Of course, he would have to be not dead.

8. Dany's the only dragon rider we know...Jon could be, I don't see how Tyrion could be (or even why he would be), but who knows. There's a lot of story left and a lot of holes to plug in.

9. One, two or all three could die. Or they could all live. Not sure why that's important, really.

I also take issue with the idea that the 3 were there to get Rhaegar for Aerys. Rhaegar left King's Landing to go directly to the Trident. Aerys knew where he was, and it wasn't at the ToJ.

Also, if the 3 wanted so desperately to die in battle, they could have been on the Trident and gone north with Ser Lewyn.

ok back to the 3 heads...

dany's 1

tyrion seems best candiate for 2

for third -

- can we rule out Aegon? i really think he's another Quentyn. but let me know what you think.

- jon might be possible because of R+L=J or at least one of the prophecies...one other thought was perhaps Bran might help warg into the dragon to give Jon better control. but geographically, he's just tooooo far...

- Victarion wont succeed even with 3 ppl each blowing the horn once. isnt it supposed to be "the one who blows the horn, binds the dragon to them"?

any thoughts?

ok back to the 3 heads...

dany's 1

tyrion seems best candiate for 2

for third -

- can we rule out Aegon? i really think he's another Quentyn. but let me know what you think.

- jon might be possible because of R+L=J or at least one of the prophecies...one other thought was perhaps Bran might help warg into the dragon to give Jon better control. but geographically, he's just tooooo far...

- Victarion wont succeed even with 3 ppl each blowing the horn once. isnt it supposed to be "the one who blows the horn, binds the dragon to them"?

any thoughts?

Dany rides Drogon

Tyrion will ride Rhaegal

and yes it will be Victarion, with the assistance of Moqorro, Victarion will find a way to bind Viserion to him.

but both Victarion and Viserion will perish because they will try to fight for the Ironborn, not for Daenarys or against the white walkers

One thing I haven't really heard said is the possibility of Bran being able to warg into one of the dragons. Jon Snow could also be the one to do that given the fact that he clearly is a warg and also it seems very likely that he's half Targaryan.

I also thought I read somewhere that people with Targaryan blood are generally not succeptible to diseases that people with "regular" blood tend to get. If that is true, it would be an interesting explanation as to why Tyrion, if he is a Targaryan, did not get the Grayscale plague when Jon Connington, who was equally exposed to it, was infected.

One thing I haven't really heard said is the possibility of Bran being able to warg into one of the dragons. Jon Snow could also be the one to do that given the fact that he clearly is a warg and also it seems very likely that he's half Targaryan.

I also thought I read somewhere that people with Targaryan blood are generally not succeptible to diseases that people with "regular" blood tend to get. If that is true, it would be an interesting explanation as to why Tyrion, if he is a Targaryan, did not get the Grayscale plague when Jon Connington, who was equally exposed to it, was infected.

Jon and tyrion both affected by fire (both suffered burn) so if they are Targs, dragon blood is weak in them...

While Jon might be Targ, cant imagine how Tyrion could possibly be one...if lannisters had Targ blood, wouldn't Jaime just take the thrown after killing Areys? Wouldn't Tywin fight for claim rather than let Robert have the throne?

I agree both might ride dragons, but not because of Targ blood

Jon and tyrion both affected by fire (both suffered burn) so if they are Targs, dragon blood is weak in them...

So did Dany:

"Her skin was pink and tender, and a pale milky fluid was leaking from her cracked palms, but her burns were healing." (ADWD)

danny has already become a rider of drogon

but when danny rides drogon she mentions how she is unable to control drogon and the whip is not helping control drogon.....this will actually be solved by victarian who is bringing the horn that binds the dragon ...i think victarian will be another quentyn who blows the horn and dies but i doubt whether GRMM would actually have simillar fates for two men who came after danny and her dragons

viscerian:

i think tyrion will ride this dragon not because he is targ bastard r something ....but by character i say ...he is a dwarf who gets constantly mocked by the others.....his own family didnt like him...his father never treated him like a son and sister who believes he murdered her son and wants his head without thinking....and he is the one of the main characters and that too knows lot about dragons ...

so i want him to ride one and look the others from the above and shout now u mock me

but my only problem is that of quaithe prophecy about not to trust lion who come which is tyrion ...that is the part iam worried about

rhaegal:

i personally think jon will ride this dragon because who better to ride the dragon that is named after his father Rhaegor...

danny has already become a rider of drogon

but when danny rides drogon she mentions how she is unable to control drogon and the whip is not helping control drogon.....this will actually be solved by victarian who is bringing the horn that binds the dragon ...i think victarian will be another quentyn who blows the horn and dies but i doubt whether GRMM would actually have simillar fates for two men who came after danny and her dragons

viscerian:

i think tyrion will ride this dragon not because he is targ bastard r something ....but by character i say ...he is a dwarf who gets constantly mocked by the others.....his own family didnt like him...his father never treated him like a son and sister who believes he murdered her son and wants his head without thinking....and he is the one of the main characters and that too knows lot about dragons ...

so i want him to ride one and look the others from the above and shout now u mock me

but my only problem is that of quaithe prophecy about not to trust lion who come which is tyrion ...that is the part iam worried about

rhaegal:

i personally think jon will ride this dragon because who better to ride the dragon that is named after his father Rhaegor...

Moqorro says it doesn't matter who blows the horn, the horn binds by blood. I'm thinking maybe that means not literal blood smeared on the horn as Victarion did, but actual Targaryen blood in the veins. Further food for thought... if Tyrion is truly Aerys's bastard by Joanna , then imagine what could take place when that horn is blown with both Tyrion and the dragons near each other.... (*singing* Things that make you go hmmm.)

"Soon comes the pale mare,and after her the others.Kraken and dark flame,lion and griffin,the sun's son and the mummer's dragon.Trust none of them..."

Based on that warning Dany has received,i don't think that neither Victarion or Tyrion will be one of the three heads.

"Soon comes the pale mare,and after her the others.Kraken and dark flame,lion and griffin,the sun's son and the mummer's dragon.Trust none of them..."

Based on that warning Dany has received,i don't think that neither Victarion or Tyrion will be one of the three heads.

good point. B)

I hope Dany doesn't go by that and distrust Tyrion...we cant be certain what his real motives are but he has always loved dragons and read the tonnes of books about them... probably the most knowledgeable of all of them...if he truly got on Danys side, would be an amazing help to her

and dont forget that dark flame means moqorro the red priest with victarian ...look the order is reversed so that may help tyrion case ...i think perufumed sanchel is shavepate and if the order is gone correct aegon would have come to danny with connington and tyrion but tyrion changed the course of him ..so this may help him when he meets danny he can say that abt aegon and jon connington and he have doubts that he is fake r not nu

and dont forget that dark flame means moqorro the red priest with victarian ...look the order is reversed so that may help tyrion case ...i think perufumed sanchel is shavepate and if the order is gone correct aegon would have come to danny with connington and tyrion but tyrion changed the course of him ..so this may help him when he meets danny he can say that abt aegon and jon connington and he have doubts that he is fake r not nu

I have my doubts about the perfumed sanchel.The most obvious character is Reznak,as Dany herself mentions but could it be Varys as well?

Another thing i want to mention is that so far all those people with prophetic abilities like Mel,Moqorro etc seem to be correct in their predictions.But still there's a chance that something might change.When Dany had been given that warning Connington and Aegon were heading her way.Tyrion's intervention altered that.Still though she has been warned to mistrust those people.So even though she won't meet them at the time predicted the warning still applies.And it doesn't mean necessarily that they are evil or something.For instance Quentyn wasn't evil and was with her side but he caused far more trouble than some of Dany's enemies.

Also there's a chance we may have misinterpreted the whole 3 heads thing.It doesn't necessary means that there have to be 3 dragonriders but it well may imply that a sort of collaboration between 3 "heroes" will be needed in order to destroy the big evil(Others,The Great Other etc).In that case a hell lot of characters are candidates to be one of the two remaining heads.Don't forget that the final book was intended to be named "A Time for Wolves" which well implies that the Starks may play a very important role in the final events.

Finally i think the scenario of Bran warging into a dragon is not very possible.Firstly because it would have been extremely difficult and even beyond the abilities of even the greatest greenseer.Secondly i have doubts whether it is even possible to happen such a thing.TCotF and the greenseers are sort of druidic style people.Warging into beings of nature is possbile yes,but the dragons are beings of magic and not natural.

Another thing i want to mention is that so far all those people with prophetic abilities like Mel,Moqorro etc seem to be correct in their predictions.But still there's a chance that something might change.When Dany had been given that warning Connington and Aegon were heading her way.Tyrion's intervention altered that.Still though she has been warned to mistrust those people.So even though she won't meet them at the time predicted the warning still applies.And it doesn't mean necessarily that they are evil or something.For instance Quentyn wasn't evil and was with her side but he caused far more trouble than some of Dany's enemies.

Also there's a chance we may have misinterpreted the whole 3 heads thing.It doesn't necessary means that there have to be 3 dragonriders but it well may imply that a sort of collaboration between 3 "heroes" will be needed in order to destroy the big evil(Others,The Great Other etc).In that case a hell lot of characters are candidates to be one of the two remaining heads.Don't forget that the final book was intended to be named "A Time for Wolves" which well implies that the Starks may play a very important role in the final events.

Finally i think the scenario of Bran warging into a dragon is not very possible.Firstly because it would have been extremely difficult and even beyond the abilities of even the greatest greenseer.Secondly i have doubts whether it is even possible to happen such a thing.TCotF and the greenseers are sort of druidic style people.Warging into beings of nature is possbile yes,but the dragons are beings of magic and not natural.

I've had doubts as well about Bran warging in to one of the dragons....I saw on a thread somewhere a while back which had this theory on BR or Brown Plumm possibly warging in to Viseron already...does anyone remember anything like that? It was the whole reasonbi read Tales of dunk and egg

Archived