[Spoilers] The Three Dragon Heads?

Finally i think the scenario of Bran warging into a dragon is not very possible.Firstly because it would have been extremely difficult and even beyond the abilities of even the greatest greenseer.Secondly i have doubts whether it is even possible to happen such a thing.TCotF and the greenseers are sort of druidic style people.Warging into beings of nature is possbile yes,but the dragons are beings of magic and not natural.

Remember back in ACoK when Summer saw the great winged snake, whose roar was a river of flame, arise from the fire and smoke of Winterfell? Summer bared his teeth at it, and then it was gone. I used to think this was a shadow/smoke dragon Bran would warg and ride in, not on. However on second thought, since Summer's instincts are anti-dragon, I think the passage suggests that Bran will not be having anything to do with dragons. It is against Summer's/Bran's nature to like dragons. The vision seems meant as a warning about the destructive force that dragons are.

I think it is too much of a given that Dany tames and rides Drogon. Although she has already ridden him once before, he is known as the most disobedient of the three dragons, and is also black in colour and perceived to be a reincarnation of Balerion The Dread.

It just seems as though if there was one dragon that was going to be stolen and ridden by Euron Crows Eye, it would be Drogon.

All speculation and zero proof, chances are Dany is going to incinerate that Khal and take his Khalasar and march them back to her allies.

As for Tyrion's preview chapter which ended in him picking up a white dragon cyvasse piece, this could foreshadow him riding/taming Viserion. Whose colour scheme matches Tyrion's royal house in a way, White dragon with gold wings and red and orange flames. It is also mentioned that Viserion takes a liking to Brown Ben Plumm who Tyrion is currently working with.

I'd say that White dragon cyvasse piece is pretty telling for someone who is known to have studied dragons immensely and has had "dreams of dragons" and used to see visions in the flames (prophesized killing his father while looking into the flames).

I hope Dany doesn't go by that and distrust Tyrion...we cant be certain what his real motives are but he has always loved dragons and read the tonnes of books about them... probably the most knowledgeable of all of them...if he truly got on Danys side, would be an amazing help to her

I'd go one farther and say that she can absolutely trust Tyrion. What she can't trust is prophecy.

Pencil me in the Dany, Tyrion and Victorian. Like many I believe Bran wargs Victarian's dragon freeing it from the influence of the horn. Jon will wield lightbringer either in the physical aspect of Dawn (as dawn is the light bringer) or as commander of the Night's Watch whose vow include

I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

or both.

this might not be the best place for this...but thinking of dragon riders, one cant help think of Aegon...and ofcourse that leads to his authenticity...

i found this section from book 1 where Arya overhears Varys and Illyrio...

"“Before is not now, and this Hand is not the other,” the scarred man said as they stepped out into the hall. Still as stone, Arya told herself, quiet as a shadow. Blinded by the blaze of their own torch, they did not see her pressed flat against the stone, only a few feet away.

“Perhaps so,” the forked beard replied, pausing to catch his breath after the long climb. “Nonetheless, we must have time. The princess is with child. The khal will not bestir himself until his son is born. You know how they are, these savages.”"

reason i bring this up is Illyrio was asking Varys to delay the Stark-Lannister war...and here he mentions that he's asking for time for Dany and Dothraki...no thought of Aegon...

so either

Aegon is their backup plan since Dany is no coorerating which indicates he might be more valuable so they dont want to start off with him

or

Aegon is not of much value at that time since Dany had Khal Drogo and his dothraki horde...

makes you wonder though, they obviously wanted the dothraki to attack westeros...if they were gona play the Aegon card how would it work with Dany being married to Drogo?

third option, GRRM didnt think of Aegon at that time and decided later to introduce him to just mess with everyone...sadistic prik

third option, GRRM didnt think of Aegon at that time and decided later to introduce him to just mess with everyone...sadistic prik

It is known that Martin intended to have a trilogy but ended up with seven books.So this might be correct.But i'll stick to what i've said earlier.3 heads of the dragon don't have to be Targaryens who will ride dragons.Targaryens proved to be the wisest of the Valyrians since the are the only ones that survived but it's not necessary that they are meant to save the world.At least not all of them.

As a guess Dany, Jon and Tyrion. Only based on the fact they are the three main characters. GRRM constantly takes the story in directions that surprises me while also making sense, so its just pure speculation and I think I am more likely to be wrong than correct on this.

As a guess Dany, Jon and Tyrion. Only based on the fact they are the three main characters. GRRM constantly takes the story in directions that surprises me while also making sense, so its just pure speculation and I think I am more likely to be wrong than correct on this.

So, you're going with:

Dany: because she's Aegon the Conqueror reborn. She rides Balerion reborn.

Tyrion: Picks up the white dragon piece. Rides Viserion, also "The valonqar?", both Viserys and Tyrion being second sons.

Jon: R+L=J-Targ. Rides Rhaegal, named after his royal father..

I wonder where Victarion, aka Azor Ahai fits into all of this.. :P

So, you're going with:

Tyrion: Picks up the white dragon piece. Rides Viserion, also "The valonqar?", both Viserys and Tyrion being second sons.

it was never mentioned if Azor Ahai rode a dragon...would be awesome to have other champions of the Light...

sometimes i see GRRM's brilliance in the way he ties things together but other times it just seems messy and not as up to par as the rest...the reason i mention this here is because, he might decide to tie everything with a neat little bow and have Dany-Jon-Tyrion (like so many people are expecting) to ride the dragons fulfill both prophecies of Azor Ahai and The promised Prince...

but knowing what he is capable off, he might decide to do something completely insane and unpredictable and while it might have great shock value, might not really make too much sense...

it was never mentioned if Azor Ahai rode a dragon...would be awesome to have other champions of the Light...

sometimes i see GRRM's brilliance in the way he ties things together but other times it just seems messy and not as up to par as the rest...the reason i mention this here is because, he might decide to tie everything with a neat little bow and have Dany-Jon-Tyrion (like so many people are expecting) to ride the dragons fulfill both prophecies of Azor Ahai and The promised Prince...

but knowing what he is capable off, he might decide to do something completely insane and unpredictable and while it might have great shock value, might not really make too much sense...

Such as the crackpotcrackpot Theon as the Prince that was Promised?

So, you're going with:

if you fit all 3 together, i think that there are two common threads tying them all together.

1. all killed their mothers in childbirth

2. all 3 could very reasonably be from the line of Aerys. Certain people think, cleverly, that if any of the Lannisters are secret Targs then it's Cersei and Jaime, but the timelines don't fit as well as the timeline with Tyrion, which allegedly happened right around the time Tywin moved the family back to the Rock. it would be easy to think that Tyrion was conceived through a rape of Joanna by Aerys, and Joanna couldn't bring herself to tell Tywin, nor put her family at risk in doing so. Tywin nevertheless was suspicious, and sought to get his family away while biding his time. Tyrion became a cross to bear, in the same way that the children of Cersei and Jaime were crosses to bear. Tywin suspected or even knows, but admitting so would mean dishonor to his family. At the same time, Tywin was never above using Tyrion to accomplish his goals, and since Tyrion was more like Tywin than any of the other children (i assure you, it was only because he never had a mother, you are who you see and learn from), Tyrion became his vicar in KL.

It would also seem that the very name Tyrion is an overcompensation, a name to cover up the lie of his parentage. Tyrion may be more like Tywin than any of the other children, but it was not because of genetics. it was because he learned the craft from Tywin, who tolerated him as a son for the sake of appearances, then used him as a tool because of his abilities.

Tyrion is your secret Targ.

Jon might be dead. He'll ride an ice dragon. He'll kill the Night's king and become the last hero; Not for the men, for white walkers.

Why? I just don't see how this theory works with what we know in the story.

I think the 3 riders will be jon tyrion dany. At this point it needs to be...GRRM has sorely lacked structure in this story from about half way through the third book. Nows the time to solidify things. Victarion actually getting a dragon and then it dying is just too much going on for only two more books. I really believe that he had all this planned out, and then because of the huge amount of time he has taken to write the next books it has given readers a chance to dwell on every single plothole. Seeing as most people have figured things out, he is taking the time to change his own story. I wouldn't be surprised if he jon turns out not to be lyannas son..(not because of GRRMs great "talent for twists" but just because he doesn't wan to tell fans what they already know) but to guess what will happen judging from the first 4-5 books then:

-jon and tyrion 2 dragon heads

-tyrion may or may not be a targ, if not then no biggie

-I dont think bran will warg into one of the dragons, that's almost too cheesy, and his story has become too packed with mozzarella already

-Sansa is the wild card that I don't feel gets enough attention, I think she will be behind the iron throne when all is said and done.

-Aegon is truly neither here nor there

-and Robert strong.....just no..never again..

I think the 3 riders will be jon tyrion dany. At this point it needs to be...GRRM has sorely lacked structure in this story from about half way through the third book. Nows the time to solidify things. Victarion actually getting a dragon and then it dying is just too much going on for only two more books. I really believe that he had all this planned out, and then because of the huge amount of time he has taken to write the next books it has given readers a chance to dwell on every single plothole. Seeing as most people have figured things out, he is taking the time to change his own story. I wouldn't be surprised if he jon turns out not to be lyannas son..(not because of GRRMs great "talent for twists" but just because he doesn't wan to tell fans what they already know) but to guess what will happen judging from the first 4-5 books then:

he's actually said that he doesn't read message boards or listen to fan theories in general because he doesn't want to be tempted to change the story. i doubt he changes the story, he seems moderately principled in this, since he forbids fan fiction as well. it's his vision, his story and he'll see it out to the end.

he's actually said that he doesn't read message boards or listen to fan theories in general because he doesn't want to be tempted to change the story. i doubt he changes the story, he seems moderately principled in this, since he forbids fan fiction as well. it's his vision, his story and he'll see it out to the end.

that's suspect, I doubt he hears nothing, especially with the popularity of the show

Archived