[Spoilers] The Three Dragon Heads?

I'm still not convinced Aegon is fake. Have been reading and rereading forums about him and there are convincing stories for both his being the real deal and for his being fake. If he is real, though, one of the heads would have to his. Just still not sure about the third. Somewhere I remember GRRM says that all three head of the dragon are not necessarily Targaryen. He may have said that just to throw us off, but its something to think about. Could also mean that even if Aegon is fake, he could still be a contender.

I'm still not convinced Aegon is fake. Have been reading and rereading forums about him and there are convincing stories for both his being the real deal and for his being fake. If he is real, though, one of the heads would have to his. Just still not sure about the third. Somewhere I remember GRRM says that all three head of the dragon are not necessarily Targaryen. He may have said that just to throw us off, but its something to think about. Could also mean that even if Aegon is fake, he could still be a contender.

Blackfyre's still have dragon blood. Even if he is a Blackfyre, it does not necessarily mean he even knows about it, Varys could have lied to him as well. The way Aegon has been taught and raised, I think he would be a good king. So does it really matter if his Targaryen or Blackfyre? Being a Blackfyre doesn't necessarily make him bad :) But I still think his Rhaegar's son.

And me and a lot of other people believe Jon Snow is the third head :D

Wow, fifteen pages and not one person suggests it.

Jorah is going to ride one of Danys dragons.

Why?

Because A Song of Ice and Fire is about CHARACTERS and how those characters interact with eachother. The problems with personalities clashing and perceived grievances. GRRM spent 3 books building up that fallout between Dany and Jorah with her coming to trust and rely on him and then having her faith in him dashed. It will be hard, almost impossible for Dany to forgive him and theres every chance she might still push him into being an enemy. If, at the Battle of Meereen he gets a dragon, that will make for a MUCH more interesting personal and character driven storyline involving the dragons than if its a character that Danys has no history with. How can Dany come to terms with having to work with Jorah again if he ends up taming Rhaegal at Meereen. What happens if she can't and pushes Jorah into actually betraying her. With a dragon, that betrayal would actually mean a lot.

Now, a lot of people will jump in here and say, "Oh it doesn't matter. The drama will come naturally from the inter house conflict and Mad King/Usurpers Dogs.". Its true that this is a big part of the story. But, its not the most important thing. Character relationships are way more important IMO. Once Dany meets Tyrion I suspect this simply stops being an issue because of Tyrions personality. Jon, well, the shows not talking about the Usurpers Dogs thing with Dany at all so I suspect its nowhere near as important as some people maintain it is going to be.

Also Jorah is tied to Danys story from the very beginning. The dragons are part of Danys story. Why wouldn't one of her closest and most established companions end up with one of her dragons?

Considering most of the responses here. If Jorah does end up riding Rhaegal in Winds of WInter I think people would be extremely shocked if it did happen. People are so 100% convinced it has to be a major lord or POV character.

"I do believe that Bran is destined to warg a dragon, although I'm not sure as of yet how this is to come about. At the moment where we left him, he knows nothing of the dragons' existence, although he could find out much with his greenseer abilities"

Well, Dany has already chosen her dragon, so only two are left. I would love for Jon to ride one but I think he has different path as for Brand I am SURE that he is supposed to warg one of the dragons and even ride it, (scatches for saddle that Tyrion gave him could work for Dragon as well) first question he asks Brynden is: will I ever walk and he says "no, u will fly", so yaaa I'm sure he means a dragon

This may be bigger than this topic, but let me lay out the next 2 books:

Jorah will die in a spectacular suicide mission to save Danerys.

So will Barristan, eventually, but in combat, not a suicide mission. It is his redemption.

Jon will ride a dragon. R+L=J. Targs were bigamists, R married L, J is trueborn not a bastard at all. Howland Reed knows it because he reached the Tower of Joy with Ned. That makes the line of succession behind the mad king: Rhaegar (d), Aegon V, Jon, Viserys (d), Danerys

Tyrion might ride a dragon, but it will be because he is a skilled saddler and hand of the Queen, and reads up on dragon training. He's not a Targ. Targs may be the Dragon Whisperers but that doesn't mean they have a total monopoly on it. Being a Targ is wishful thinking on the part of people who like him. He will end up as hand of the final monarch (king or queen) and lord of casterly rock. THAT is his happily ever after.

Danerys will ride a dragon, but in the end, die by the sword of Jon after they have a passionate affair. Read the story of Lightbringer. Azure Ahai plunges the sword into his beloved. It will be very sad and people will cry, and there will be a youtube video of all the book burners reacting to it. Somehow that is what defeats the WW (killing her, not the youtube videos).

Aegon is the mummer's dragon because he is supported by Varys (the mummer). He's a legitimate Targ but meets a bloody end.

Varys will die by Tyrion's hand/order when Tyrion discovers that Varys was behind Shae's betrayal.

Sam will be Grand Maester after exposing the maester conspiracy to kill dragons and suppress magic.

Stannis will either bend the knee to a Targ, because its his duty, or die by fire. Honor don't pay, and whatever his faults he tries to fight honorably and will probably die for it.

Bran will merge with a tree.

Arya will drop out of the faceless men training program. FM give up their former selves, she hid her former self the way she hid Needle, and has wolf dreams she tells no one about. She will return to Westros with partial FM powers and kill a bunch of bad people.

Rickon will be a wildling. Maybe king of the wildlings, in their own way.

Jon will be king. The Sphynx is the riddle, not the riddler. The riddle is how to keep all the disjointed and feuding houses of Westeros together. The answer? The Sphynx is a bunch of animals (sigils) all in one. Jon is dragon and wolf and a dozen other things as pointed out by a really long post 2 pages back. He has all the bloodlines except maybe Dorne. Which makes his queen... Arianne. Dorne will not bend the knee, like with Aegon the Conqueror they will be brought into the fold by marriage, and the Dornish throne will pass by the female line to their children.

It is known.

Just a few things I would like to point out

A)Blackfyre was legitimized-

So all this "fake targ" stuff about Aegon is ridiculous. He is still targ and his claim would actually be stronger than dany's given the law that ALL legit male claimants must be out of the way before a woman could come to the throne(masogony at its finest)

B)Jon Snow is a bastard-

And therefore he is NOT the rightful king. And until his parentage is proven in the series(I'm personally all for R+J=L) and he is legitimized he won't be. Stop saying that.

C) None of that Matters anyway

Idk how to do the spoiler thing so I won't go into too much detail, but we are introduced to a couple of other Targs with some questionable paternity in the universe. But their mother is most definetly the queen, targ on both sides. And they ride dragons just fine. In fact one of them says TARGARYENS ride dragons. And his last name is not Targaryen. So the blood will show. I'm all for Aegon and Jon mounting up.

Just a few things I would like to point out

B)Jon Snow is a bastard-

And therefore he is NOT the rightful king. And until his parentage is proven in the series(I'm personally all for R+J=L) and he is legitimized he won't be. Stop saying that.

There is a sub-theory to R+L=J that they were, in fact, married. Targs were polygamists, and the recently released WOIAF chapter confirms that Aegon the Conqueror married both of his sisters. If they were married, then not only is Jon not a bastard, but is actually ahead of Danerys in line of succession as a trueborn son of Rhaegar.

There is a sub-theory to R+L=J that they were, in fact, married. Targs were polygamists, and the recently released WOIAF chapter confirms that Aegon the Conqueror married both of his sisters. If they were married, then not only is Jon not a bastard, but is actually ahead of Danerys in line of succession as a trueborn son of Rhaegar.

ahead of everyone except Aegon, if he is actually Aegon. if he's a Blackfyre, he still has a claim, though.

"I do believe that Bran is destined to warg a dragon, although I'm not sure as of yet how this is to come about. At the moment where we left him, he knows nothing of the dragons' existence, although he could find out much with his greenseer abilities"

Well, Dany has already chosen her dragon, so only two are left. I would love for Jon to ride one but I think he has different path as for Brand I am SURE that he is supposed to warg one of the dragons and even ride it, (scatches for saddle that Tyrion gave him could work for Dragon as well) first question he asks Brynden is: will I ever walk and he says "no, u will fly", so yaaa I'm sure he means a dragon

I think he will end up warging the smoke/shadow dragon that Summer saw rise from the ashes of Winterfell way back in AGoT. He will then be the prophesied winged wolf, and also become the knight he always wanted to be.

ps by "ride" I mean through warging, not ride it physically.

ahead of everyone except Aegon, if he is actually Aegon. if he's a Blackfyre, he still has a claim, though.

Agreed, but at this point the Blackfyres are pretty far out of the LOS.

Line of Succession to the Mad King Aerys V:

Rhaegar (d),

Aegon VI (presumed dead, possibly Griff),

Jon Snow,

Viserys (d),

Danerys

Rhaego (d)

Robert Baratheon (d)

Stannis Baratheon

Renly Baratheon (d)

Any other living descendents of Rhaelle Targaryan/Unknown Baratheon

All the other descendents of Maekar I

Any living descendents of Daeron II

Blackfyres

Robb's will becomes important to make Jon heir to Winterfell, because he would be behind Bran, Rickon, any sons of Sansa, sons of Arya without the will, because he would inherit through Lyanna only if Ned's line was completely extinguished. I am assuming an English-style male primogeniture, where the daughter of a son comes before the son of a daughter.

Agreed, but at this point the Blackfyres are pretty far out of the LOS.

Line of Succession to the Mad King Aerys V: ....

... I am assuming an English-style male primogeniture, where the daughter of a son comes before the son of a daughter.

Wow! sounds like you really know your stuff about the line of succession business. I can really see why if Aegon is a Blackfyre, he probably shouldn't make it onto the Iron Throne. Thought it a real possibility before.

Wow! sounds like you really know your stuff about the line of succession business. I can really see why if Aegon is a Blackfyre, he probably shouldn't make it onto the Iron Throne. Thought it a real possibility before.

The family trees are in the wiki. At the time of the Blackfyre rebellion, they were first or second cousins to the king. But now they are 5th cousins or so, which pushes them way down the list.

Plus the whole thing with blackfyre was that he was a bastard, and did not stand to inherit. That situation hasn't improved any.

its very difficult to predict the 3 riders, which is probably y people have started assuming one of them will die...

dany has Drogon.

of the people left in meereen, none have the courage or intelligence to tame a dragon. jorah? please, the guy is terrified of them! barristan is too old. victarion has the dragon binder and might get Raeghal, but moroqqo already said he wouldnt survive using it...the guy at the kingsmoot didnt, victarion has no special blood or ability to survive it either unless his red priest does some spells to help him...

tyrion is the best choice...he's smart enough to come up with a saddle for them, he's reckless enough to actually try it if he's pushed in to...and theres just no way he's a Targ...as people mentioned already, u do not need to have Targ blood specifically to ride dragons...if u've read "The princess and the queen" u will recall a lot of commoners were able to tame a dragon enough to ride it...

as for jon...i cant imagine how he would get from the Wall all the way to meereen! who would agree to transport him that far and why??? only way he could be is Victarion or some one else at meereen gets Raeghal to westeros and Aegon attacks and kills him since the other ironborn will side with Euron...then Aegon pulls a stunt like Quentyn and burns, then Jon takes that one over....but that sounds far fetched even to me

The family trees are in the wiki. At the time of the Blackfyre rebellion, they were first or second cousins to the king. But now they are 5th cousins or so, which pushes them way down the list.

Plus the whole thing with blackfyre was that he was a bastard, and did not stand to inherit. That situation hasn't improved any.

Daemon Blackfyre was legitimized on Aegon IV's deathbed. I believe that all great bastards were, it was literally the worst thing anyone could have ever done.

Rhager and Lyanna weren't married.

Why would Rhaeger risk yet another Targayen succession dispute. Aegon married 2 women, his son from one wife killed the other wife's son and died for it.

They were hiding in the middle of nowhere for almost a whole fucking year.

Rhager could have stopped the War at the start by asking Rickard.

Rhaeger didn't even try and stop the War peacefully anytime after it started, because he was an arrogant wanker. He knew he had to kill Eddard and Robert.

Rhaeger doesn't even go home once.

Rhaeger was mad, not BURN THE CITY mad, he was ocd about a prophecy he got wrong atleast twice before.

The 3 Kingsguard weren't guarding anything or anyone.

Aerys told them to get Rhaeger, the only way he would leave is if they looked after Lyanna, they did.

They made no attempt to guard Lyanna or her children, they just wanted to die. They didn't use the Tower, they didn't attempt to flee.

The whole thing is tradegy between an obessed arogant aresehole and a young self obessed naive teenage girl. They caused a War that got half their family killed and 1000s of people ontop of that.

Jon being legimate and/or the prince who was promised (or any prophetic "messiah". Ruins the entire tragedy. Might aswell be Twilight at that point.

Jon and Dany won't fall in love/marry.

Aegon doesn't matter if he is fake or not ruined any chance of Jon's parentage meaning anything. Aegon is real (or atleast believed to be) Jon is a second son, Aegon is fake (or real but gets framed) noone will ever believe Jon is real. People didn't believe Stannis about Cerseis brats.

Jon won't ride a Dragon.

Tyrion yes maybe.

One Dragon is bound to die. Either Visenya by Drogon (happened once already), or Drogon by both in a double team or R vs V ends up with one dead and Tyrion nursing the other back to health.

Ur quick to place the blame on Lyanna and Raeghar, but what about Robert and Ned? Couldn't the honorable Ned Stark have bothered to contact Lyanna before going to war? And Roberts obsession to murder every single Targ?

Jon being their son doesn't matter to the lineage, he cant sit on the throne while Danys alive. After everything shes been through and going to go through, she's sure as hell not gona share her thorne with either Aegon or Jon.

Y wud Viserion or Raeghal randomly attack Drogon? And if ur theory is their riders wud make them attack Drogon, which 2 ppl in ur mind r capable of controlling dragons and wud want dany dead???

Ur quick to place the blame on Lyanna and Raeghar, but what about Robert and Ned? Couldn't the honorable Ned Stark have bothered to contact Lyanna before going to war?

Well, Lyanna was kidnapped and taken far away so contact wasn't an option. Also the Mad King burned Ned's father and brother after they demanded Lyanna's return, forcing Ned to be Lord of Winterfell

As for the three heads, I'm not sure on any other than Dany. Tyrion and Jon would be ideal, but Jon is a long ways away from Mereen and it would be months/years probably before Daenerys's army reaches Westeros. I've heard some people suggest Arya as a rider, but her story hasn't really connected to dragons in any way.

Ur quick to place the blame on Lyanna and Raeghar, but what about Robert and Ned? Couldn't the honorable Ned Stark have bothered to contact Lyanna before going to war? And Roberts obsession to murder every single Targ?

Jon being their son doesn't matter to the lineage, he cant sit on the throne while Danys alive. After everything shes been through and going to go through, she's sure as hell not gona share her thorne with either Aegon or Jon.

Y wud Viserion or Raeghal randomly attack Drogon? And if ur theory is their riders wud make them attack Drogon, which 2 ppl in ur mind r capable of controlling dragons and wud want dany dead???

Robert and Eddard were summoned by Aerys to face charges by treason, a death sentence if they answered. They didn't rebel to get Lyanna back, though it made the war personal to Robert. They rebelled because the other option was death.

Archived