[Spoilers] The Three Dragon Heads?

In my opinion Tyrion is one of the heads for sure, i started to think about that in one of Tyrion's chapters ( i couldn't remember which one ) its about Tyrion childhood when he asked his uncles for a dragon for his 13th birthday but his uncle Gerion laughed at him and said that the dragons are gone for many years but he insisted by saying even a small one like me, well it looks like a normal thing but i don't think GRRM well add some unnecessary Tyrion's childhood stories just for fun. all what i can think of is that GRRM want to show us how much Tyrion desired a dargon,

There is even more ;) At the beginning of the story, in GoT, when Tyrion and Jon are on their way to the wall, Tyrion talks about dragons. He also remembers how the first thing he visited when he arrived in Kings Landing was the cellar with the dragon skulls in, and how they had seemed alive in the fire of his torch. He uses that exact same cellar to meet with Shae on the morning of the purple wedding.

There is even more ;) At the beginning of the story, in GoT, when Tyrion and Jon are on their way to the wall, Tyrion talks about dragons. He also remembers how the first thing he visited when he arrived in Kings Landing was the cellar with the dragon skulls in, and how they had seemed alive in the fire of his torch. He uses that exact same cellar to meet with Shae on the morning of the purple wedding.

I forgot to add that but he also wrote a book about dragons "The Shy Maid's Dragonlore" when jon connington commanded him to do so, anyway i think Tyrion unlike Victarion had enough knowledge of how to tame a dragon so maybe he will find a way to take the dragon horn from Victarion and used it properly.

Yes. The Dragon has three heads - Azor Ahai, the Prince that was Promised, and the Last Hero. Three different people, all born from the line of Rhaella, and all three will die and be reborn. Literally, not metaphorically.

The Prince that was Promised:

Aegon really got killed during the Sack of King's Landing, along with his mother and sister. Then he miraculously came back to life, and Varys decided to prepare the boy properly for his great destiny.

The Last Hero:

Jon has died at Castle Black, but everybody expects that he will return to fight the Others.

Azor Ahai:

Dany, but she hasn't died. Yet. She will see Drogo again when she dies. She'll tell him goodbye, and return to the land of the living. That is why Quaithe told her that she has to go back to go forward.

^This for me is the main reason for why I think Tyrion will ride a dragon. More specifically, with Jon, he mentions how he used to imagine himself riding a dragon and that a small man on a dragon doesn't look so small. This seemed like some pretty obvious foreshadowing, unless it was a red herring.

Azor Ahai, the Prince that was Promised, and the Last Hero. Three different people, all born from the line of Rhaella, and all three will die and be reborn. Literally, not metaphorically.

Nice, forgot about this one! If that's ok, will quote you in the other thread I mentioned. To add to the list of "threes". Thanks!

If tyrion is one of the Dragon heads it will utterly cheapen his story arch. As a literary character he will cease to be so interesting and ambigous. The prime mover of his entire existence is related to his feelings of inadequacy in relation to his father and his House in general. What's the point of all his angst and yearning if one day - woosh, he is suddenly a Dragon and all his demons are suddenly washed away. It would be a very poor literary choice. After all Tyrion is an anti hero. Not to mention it would be incredibly dull to have Dany and then perhaps Tyrion and Jon all combined and allied together.

If Tyrion is revealed to be a Targaryen it would only bring more intrigue to his character. Tywin has been Tyrions father for his whole life in the sense that he has raised him and he has been the only father Tyrions ever known. The fact that Tywin never truly accepted Tyrion as a son of his has been hard on Tyrion who has as you said felt inadequate when it comes to his family. If he is found out to be Aerys' son it would relieve Tyrion from his old chains and feelings of inadequacy. It wouldn't remove his history with his family of Lannisters and hia relationship with Tywin but would build on it creating more intrique to Tyrion as a character. If Tyrion was a Lannister he wouldn't be able to evolve as a character beyond his current angst. In my opinion.

And the theory of A+J=T doesn't state that Aerys raped Joanna at her and Tywins wedding because that wouldn't make sense because of the timing of Tyrions birth. The theory states that Joanna and Aerys might have made Tyrion during the years Tywin worked as Aerys' hand and Joanna and Aerys would have had opportunities to be together.

I feel that the three riders are going to be Jon, Daenerys and Tyrion because the dragon must have three heads just like the sigil of house Targaryen. ( I believe in R+L=J and A+J=T as you can see)

Edit. Typo

Somehow, Aegon seems to me like an embodiment of Rhaegar, not Viserys. He is not arrogant in the traditional sense. Yes, he is pretty overconfident, but Varys's description of him seems to point towards Rhaegar, his father, more than his uncle. In addition, i think that Rhaegal being the most aggressive of the two remaining dragons needs a Tareryen to tame him. I think that Aegon will be riding Rhaegal.

As for Viserion, i hope Jon gets him simply because he's themed around white and black: Ghost, Snow, Night's Watch, Mormont's raven. I think that if Jon rode a Dragon, it would be Viserion, simply for the color theme, which i realize isn't a very solid hint.

If Tyrion is revealed to be a Targaryen it would only bring more intrigue to his character. Tywin has been Tyrions father for his whole life in the sense that he has raised him and he has been the only father Tyrions ever known. The fact that Tywin never truly accepted Tyrion as a son of his has been hard on Tyrion who has as you said felt inadequate when it comes to his family. If he is found out to be Aerys' son it would relieve Tyrion from his old chains and feelings of inadequacy. It wouldn't remove his history with his family of Lannisters and hia relationship with Tywin but would build on it creating more intrique to Tyrion as a character. If Tyrion was a Lannister he wouldn't be able to evolve as a character beyond his current angst. In my opinion.

And the theory of A+J=T doesn't state that Aerys raped Joanna at her and Tywins wedding because that wouldn't make sense because of the timing of Tyrions birth. The theory states that Joanna and Aerys might have made Tyrion during the years Tywin worked as Aerys' hand and Joanna and Aerys would have had opportunities to be together.

I feel that the three riders are going to be Jon, Daenerys and Tyrion because the dragon must have three heads just like the sigil of house Targaryen. ( I believe in R+L=J and A+J=T as you can see)

Edit. Typo

There is little chance Tyrion can be a Targaryen. Aerys took first night with Joanna. That means that Cersei and Jaime had not been born yet, and thus Tyrion could not have possibly have been conceived. If there is a secret Lannister Targaryen, it has to be Cersei and Jaime. It would explain the incest, the madness for Cersei, and Joffrey's madness. Also, it would deepen Tyrion's arc knowing he is the only child of Tywin and make Jaime's so much more interesting knowing he is not a Lannister and a kinslayer like Tyrion. I doubt Joanna would have stayed in King's Landing if Aerys was sexually abusing her on a normal basis.

There is little chance Tyrion can be a Targaryen. Aerys took first night with Joanna. That means that Cersei and Jaime had not been born yet, and thus Tyrion could not have possibly have been conceived. If there is a secret Lannister Targaryen, it has to be Cersei and Jaime. It would explain the incest, the madness for Cersei, and Joffrey's madness. Also, it would deepen Tyrion's arc knowing he is the only child of Tywin and make Jaime's so much more interesting knowing he is not a Lannister and a kinslayer like Tyrion. I doubt Joanna would have stayed in King's Landing if Aerys was sexually abusing her on a normal basis.

Yes if Aerys took the first night with Joanna that would make Jamie and Cersei possible Targaryens. I do agree that even them being Targ would bring a great dynamic to all of the characters.

Joanna and Aerys could have been together in Kings Landing, but if Aerys was abusing Joanna she could go back to Casterly Rock but even ther she wouldn't be safe because Aerys as the king could visit any time to see his Hand Tywin. It is nothing that can be confirmed or denied because there is no information of Tywins, Joannas and Aerys' movement during the time Tyrion was concieved.

Yes if Aerys took the first night with Joanna that would make Jamie and Cersei possible Targaryens. I do agree that even them being Targ would bring a great dynamic to all of the characters.

Joanna and Aerys could have been together in Kings Landing, but if Aerys was abusing Joanna she could go back to Casterly Rock but even ther she wouldn't be safe because Aerys as the king could visit any time to see his Hand Tywin. It is nothing that can be confirmed or denied because there is no information of Tywins, Joannas and Aerys' movement during the time Tyrion was concieved.

There is also the personalities of each character to consider. Jaime is much like Dany, solid, pragmatic, and sane. Cersei is like Viserys, cruel, mad, and too great a sense of self worth. Tyrion is almost exactly like his father, except smaller.

There is also the personalities of each character to consider. Jaime is much like Dany, solid, pragmatic, and sane. Cersei is like Viserys, cruel, mad, and too great a sense of self worth. Tyrion is almost exactly like his father, except smaller.

Dany is solid and pragmatic? I wouldn't call her insane, but she does strike me as highly impulsive and willful, which is a trait she shares with Jaime. She is certainly more ambitious than Jaime, but neither are really grounded.

She has none of the taint that Viserys has so definitely she is not insane. She is impulsive, all are, how about Tyrion prone to anger, easily provoked, Jaime, capable of throwing a child of a tower just to please her sister. The Targaryens can either be good rulers or insane ones. Danny is the mother of dragons the unburnt, she has a destiny to fulfill, she already being called the Azor Ahai

Dany is solid and pragmatic? I wouldn't call her insane, but she does strike me as highly impulsive and willful, which is a trait she shares with Jaime. She is certainly more ambitious than Jaime, but neither are really grounded.

Wrong choice of words. i meant it more as they are very like each other, and both right now are very grounded in their weaknesses.

• 1 month later...

If we are looking at Dance of the Dragons 2.0, I say our riders are Dany, Aegon, and Jon. The recent snippet from The Princess and the Queen makes me think that even more.

And before anyone says something about Aegon being the mummer's dragon...mummers dragon can simply mean Varys' dragon, it doesn't have to mean fake dragon. Aegon could be legit. And if he isn't, and is instead a Blackfyre, well a dragon, whether black or red, is still a dragon.

If the what the reviewer of TPatQ is right and Targ blood is a necessary component of binding a dragon to you, then it would seem those are the three most likely candidates. I have never bought into the Tyrion is a Targ theory and I hope whenever see Tyrion on a dragon. Much as I love Tyrion, it would be so incredibly lame.

If we are looking at Dance of the Dragons 2.0, I say our riders are Dany, Aegon, and Jon. The recent snippet from The Princess and the Queen makes me think that even more.

And before anyone says something about Aegon being the mummer's dragon...mummers dragon can simply mean Varys' dragon, it doesn't have to mean fake dragon. Aegon could be legit. And if he isn't, and is instead a Blackfyre, well a dragon, whether black or red, is still a dragon.

If the what the reviewer of TPatQ is right and Targ blood is a necessary component of binding a dragon to you, then it would seem those are the three most likely candidates. I have never bought into the Tyrion is a Targ theory and I hope whenever see Tyrion on a dragon. Much as I love Tyrion, it would be so incredibly lame.

We are going to have a Dance of Dragons, confirmed by GRRM. Aegon will fight Dany. So he probably won't ride a dragon.

We are going to have a Dance of Dragons, confirmed by GRRM. Aegon will fight Dany. So he probably won't ride a dragon.

Did he confirm that it will be Dany and Aegon dancing?

The Dance of the Dragons might refer to dragon riders fighting each other. Dany has gained control of Drogon, she lost Viserion and Rhaegal. There is no telling where those two dragons will end up. We have seen Quentyn's unsuccessful attempt to steal a dragon. We might see a succesful one orchestrated by Moqorro. Do you know who Moqorro is working for?

For me, it's easy:

1) Dany (Drogon)

2) Jon Snow (he's a Targ, after all) (Rhaegal, as befits the son)

3) Tyrion (I think he's a Targ too, and he knows all about Dragons) (Viserion, the smart one, in Lannister colors, no less)

A Dance of Dragons could refer to one bonded by the Horn vs. Dany and Drogon.

Regarding Cersei and Jamie being Targs, I just don't buy it. If the mad kind had taken bedding rights on the wedding night, Tywin would have known. Especially given that husband and wife are intimate on the wedding night, and Tywin would have transferred some of his distate for Tyrion to Cersei and/or Jaime, since his distate (IMHO) is more because he believes Tyrion is a Targ, not because he's a dwarf. That's why King's Landing could never be his, becasue he a Targ, not because he's a dwarf. Most likely, the seduciton/rape took place later.

Archived