[TWOW Spoilers] Miscon reading : two Winds of Winter chapters

Hmadkour

Brienne will probably lead him to the BWB and then her Jaime and Podrick will smash the BWB to bits.

I dont know if Podrick will be freed when Jaime arrives or if they will have to break him out, but once he is out, pod is going to kick some ass.

IF Brienne learned one thing from Jaime, it is that somtimes an Oath needs to be broken.(sword is also named Oathbreaker)

I had guessed, "Oathkeeper", but "sword" is good! I am waiting with baited breath as to whether or not this will mean the death of Jaime. There has been speculation that Jaime is actually Cersei's valonqar, and maybe Lady Stoneheart will allow him to go free if he promises to kill her. If this is the death of Jaime, then, in my opinion, Arya will be the valonqar as she is the younger sister of Sansa.

How exciting to have Brown Ben Plumm and Tyrion see Victarion arrive! Where the heck is Maester Marwyn from the Citadel? I had predicted Marwyn would find Daenerys before Victarion or Tyrion! LOL

i assume he is dead, can only save the one, and she chose the boy. i would led to believe

On what basis do you think she can save only one? I thought that, very explicitly, the Brotherhood was saying that she could save both of them if she betrayed Jaime.

I think Brienne will lead him to an ambush where he'll be killed by other members of the BWB. She's trapped in a shitty situation, she has to choose betweeen saving an innocent boy's life, or the life of a man who has done lots of evil things, but saved her from a horrible fate.

You really think that's what will happen? Don't you think that would be a rather anticlimactic end to Jaime's story?

the most optimistic outcome would be for Brienne and jaime to both survive and Stoneheart dying for real. But I don't think its gonna happen, not in this series. Jaime dying at this point? It is possible that his storyline is wrapped up but I would really like to see him disclose the twincest and then kill Cersei. We shall see.

Thanks for the update.

I think that she has UnCat and the BWB under the impression she'll lead Jaime into a trap. She may also be honor-bound to lead him into said trap. However, I think she's also really smart. She is NOT honor-bound to keep that trap quiet. I think she'll tell Jaime what's-up and they'll figure away around it. They will find a loop hole that allows them to keep their honor and continue their quests.

Alternatively, I could see Brienne taking an arrow for Jaime, so she saves him and Pod. I could also see Jaime going willingly, knowing that his sacrifice has saved Pod's life - and Brienne's.

From a sheer plot point, I don't know how much Brienne has to offer anymore. I feel like Jaime has more of an arc to continue. It'll be interesting either way, though.

With this information we can assume that Brienne is leading Jaime into a trap. Upon being captured he will demand a trial by combat. Given he has only one hand, Lady Stoneherath will grant it. Maybe they've joined up with Thoros at this point. Stonehearth will choose Brienne as her champion and Jaime will fight himself. What that battle leads to only the gods know.

I don't think Jaime will lose, his arc would be pointless if he's to lose a trial by combat for horrors he did before he was on his redemption arc.

Brienne might well die. I don't see much use for her anymore other than having a final battle with Jaime. Or Jaime might get her into a position where he would be able to kill her and refrain from doing it, further convincing Stonehearth he is not the man he once was.

If Jaime somehow wins, Lady Stonehearth and moreso Thoros of Myr will be convinced of his innocence in the sight of the gods, especially since he won with only one hand. Maybe we will get a Victarion/Moqorro situation where Thoros animates Jaime's right hand, somehow making it bound to only fight the good fights.

Maybe Stonehearth then forces him to go after Sansa/Arya or kill Cersei/Walder Frey/Roose Bolton.

Edited by Babeldygob

They free Sansa, Brienne joins sansa's guard, Jamie dies in the Fighting

How would they do that when they don't know where she is? Brienne says she's with the Hound, but she definitely is not. She's either misguided or intentionally lying to Jaime.

Edited by Babeldygob

Unless some new information comes to light Un-Cat will not send Jaime off on another quest to kill Cersei, get Sansa back or anything like that. She doesn't listen to reason anymore, as illustrated by her refusal to believe Brienne and threatening to hang her.

I thought it was pretty obvious that Brienne had agreed to lead Jaime into a trap, given that she wasn't hung and is giving Jaime false information about Sansa. I had just thought that the word was "STOP!", really didn't think that it would have been either sword or noose. The only new information to take out of this is that Podrick lives. Which is great.

I don't think Jaime will die here. Nor Brienne. There's the matter of that prophetic dream he had about being in the lions pit at Castelry Rock. Now the location could be of no consequence but in the dream Cersei and everyone else leaves him and Brienne is the only one there for him. This could have partly already happened as Tywin as good as disowned him and Cersei mocks him for being a cripple. But if Brienne leads him into a trap then she's also deserting him. If this is to be the resolution of that dream then the only outcome possible is that Brienne sacrifices herself for Jaime.

So, Brienne dies or they both survive.