Worst Line in the Series?

Winter's Knight

Arianne's nipples take the whole bakery IMO. Though quite how GRRM's editor let "their arousal was arousing" get published is beyond me.

Where is this one from?

Asha/Qarl in ADWD.

When you put the Darkstar line in its proper place it aint that bad i've found. Its in contrast to Arthur Dayne who was called the Sword of the Morning. It shows he wants the name Dayne to be recognized for something else other than Arthur. So the contrast between Morning and Night in this case makes that line a hell of a lot better!

Someone had already told the Thunderfist about Gerrick Kingsblood and his new style. “King o’

the Wildlings?” Tormund roared. “Har! King o’ My Hairy Butt Crack, more like.”

I found the " hairy butt crack " bit wrong in context to the rest of the series , I dont recall anyone alse using the word " butt " , it seems like a more modern word that I would not expect in the series ?

ThE ImP.

When you put the Darkstar line in its proper place it aint that bad i've found. Its in contrast to Arthur Dayne who was called the Sword of the Morning. It shows he wants the name Dayne to be recognized for something else other than Arthur. So the contrast between Morning and Night in this case makes that line a hell of a lot better!

Doesn't help the fact that he talks like someone role playing in Dungeons & Dragons or something. Not that it's bad. Some people find it endearing and cute.

I don't mind the sex scenes actually, it's not what I read his works for anyway. Some stuff just forces you to stop reading for a moment though, like the myrish swamp thing.

There was one line in AGOT, not sure the exact quote, but basically Dany and Drogo just finished having sex and it was like "Drogo's manhood glistened wetly."

When I read that, I was like, "WHY?!?! WHY DID I NEED TO KNOW THAT?!?!" For me, it was worse than fat pink mast...

Re Ravenhair: Qarl. Few men seem to be, eh, performance-oriented in that area, and Jon's relatively inexperienced. Maybe Littlefinger, if the nickname's a double entendre. :P

Re "wet": I'll take that over "moist" any day. *shudders*

Someone had already told the Thunderfist about Gerrick Kingsblood and his new style. “King o’

the Wildlings?” Tormund roared. “Har! King o’ My Hairy Butt Crack, more like.”

I found the " hairy butt crack " bit wrong in context to the rest of the series , I dont recall anyone alse using the word " butt " , it seems like a more modern word that I would not expect in the series ?

One of my most hated lines is from AGOT: "Ser Alliser Thorne walked from the room so stiffly it looked as though he had a dagger up his butt."

So there's a precedent for the butt usage (har har), but I hated my line for the same reason you hated yours. Plus it just sounds like something a 12 year old would write.

There was another AGOT line that stuck out: "'There's going to be lemon cakes and tea,' Sansa went on, all adult and reasonable."

That sounds particularly modern to me, but even if it isn't, it feels awkward. We're in Sansa's POV here, but that seems like a second- or third-party observation.

"That night Daario had her every way a man can have a woman, and she gave herself to him willingly."

That's the sentence. Reads like your stereotypical bad romance novel.

I don't usually make a big deal of this kind of thing, but why is it that "he had her"? Seems to me like "she had him" might be more appropriate for the situation, no?

Doesn't help the fact that he talks like someone role playing in Dungeons & Dragons or something. Not that it's bad. Some people find it endearing and cute.

Hey, MY D&D game is not that cheesy. =P

Also, 'fat pink mask' is FAR worse than "I'm of the night." Darkstar probably gets the title for worst character, though.

Yeah, I read that line only yesterday on a re-read and I thought that the line was perfectly appropriate there.

I hate before the RW when they give bread and salt to the northerners and Cat says "'Now we should be safe' she thought". the first time i read it, the blatant foreshadowing of "she thought" upset me because obviously it wasn't going to be okay. i just thought a "the bread put her mind at ease." would have been better.

“Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night

I actually like Myrish Swamp and Fat Pink Mast, people often use them to say that George is bad writter but i think he wanted to use those words just to make the situation more funny

Archived