Arya may kill Dany?

Grimwolfe

Think of Dany as Ned Stark 2.0. Ned only really exitsed to set the Stark children on their respective journeys, but over the course of the book we were lead to believe that he was a much bigger player. Similarly Dany only exists to bring the dragons into the story, except that she has been built up over 5 books instead of just 1.

. . . Who says that it was actually herself that Dany saw riding dragons and battling an ice army at the Trident?

I know. My own personal belief is that she has a large part to play in the final conflict.

I still don't rule out the possibility of her dying before ever reahcing Westeros because like I said it would be completely in charater with the books. Also with all of the hints and foreshadowing of Dany reaching Westeros combined with her herself believing it will happen, it would leave us readers just as shocked and devatsed as Dany if she should be killed before it could ever happen . . the ultimate emotional payoff from a writer's perpsective.

I think if he were to do that he should have killed her before he went to the trouble of the whole Meereneese knot. It's only after ADWD people start to think that she's never going or don't want her to go at all.

Her story is already irrelevant. Besides dragons are a crutch for weak rulers to keep absolute power, I hope bran wargs drogon and kills the other two before flying it into a mountain.

hahahahahaha that would put the best bow on Dany's storyline. GET ON IT GRRM.

My question is who do people think would hire a Faceless Man to kill Dany? I can't see a government spending 2/3 of its resources to kill her. Are people thinking this might be a specific individual who hires it (the boy who trips on his tokar comes to mind), or that the Braavosi would be operating on their own "dragon eradication" plan? If it's the Braavosi by their own volition, wouldn't it make more sense that they kill the dragons instead of her?

I don't think that Dany dying before reaching Westeros would make her story irrelevant. I think that if that were the case then her contribution (and legacy) to the overarching story would be the existance of the dragons which will go on to have a huge impact.

Part of what gives this series it's "anyone can die" aura is that it goes into detail and connects us emotionally to characters that in the big picture are really just backstory side characters, Ned Stark for example.

Bearing in mind GRRM's orignial plan of the time jump, which I believe is still the blue print he is writing to, you have to understand that everything we are seeing at the present is still just "backstory" for the overarching final conflict that is to come and as such a lot of characters are expendable.

I think that Dany's entire story arc actually being an elaborate cover for introducing dragons into the main Westeros-centric arc would be completely in character for these books.

Except poor Rob never even got POV when he did his grave mistake and his decision to marry Jeyne was explained in a few paragraphs. You don´t need 10 chapters focusing in detail on Dany in Meereen just to deliver the dragons to someone else.

I see myself as king of all the world surrounded by the beautiful naked ladies, does not mean it will happen.

If we question her visions then we should question it for all the characters. Maybe Jon seeing himself with a sword that burned was nothing at all.

GRRM confirmed in an SSM not the books that there will be a second Dance of the Dragons which was a war b/w a male and female Targaryen claimants.

November 22, 2003

Concerning the Dance of the Dragons

Hi, short question. Will we find out more about the Dance of the Dragons in future books?

The first dance or the second?

The second will be the subject of a book. The first will be mentioned from time to time, I'm sure.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Category/C91/P15/

He appears to have postponed it for a later book release.

My question is who do people think would hire a Faceless Man to kill Dany? I can't see a government spending 2/3 of its resources to kill her. Are people thinking this might be a specific individual who hires it (the boy who trips on his tokar comes to mind), or that the Braavosi would be operating on their own "dragon eradication" plan? If it's the Braavosi by their own volition, wouldn't it make more sense that they kill the dragons instead of her?

It does because when she dies Drogon will just choose a new rider if he outlives her.

Seriously?

Yes, Im serious. She never did anything in her story that makes her "deserving of death". This is something i would only say to people like Joffrey, Ramsay or Cersei. What did she ever do that makes killing her justifiable?

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THE SPOILER BUTTON SO HOPE THIS WORKS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Daenerys will die before she ever reaches Westeros, rendering her entire story completely irrelevant.

I'm not sure where they got it from, but according to goodreads in their summary of WoW, Dany has conquered Westeros and finds herself needing to ally Lannister & Stark to defeat the Others and keep her throne.

Except poor Rob never even got POV when he did his grave mistake and his decision to marry Jeyne was explained in a few paragraphs. You don´t need 10 chapters focusing in detail on Dany in Meereen just to deliver the dragons to someone else.

You also don't need 10 chapters focusing in detail on Ned Stark just to set up that he doesn't think of Jon as "his son", but we still got them.

That's what "anyone can die" is really all about. We all know that side characters are fair game.

If we question her visions then we should question it for all the characters. Maybe Jon seeing himself with a sword that burned was nothing at all.

GRRM confirmed in an SSM not the books that there will be a second Dance of the Dragons which was a war b/w a male and female Targaryen claimants.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Category/C91/P15/

He appears to have postponed it for a later book release.

Wait you dont think it could happen? Do you? that I could be king of all the world!!!!??? Dont worry, I will remember you when the people of this world are beneath my rule. If it makes you feel better I will rule just as Dany did, wich is to say horibbly. All joking aside that is exactly what im saying, just because a charecter sees something does not automaticly mean it will happen, it should be questioned, and the second dance does not have to include her.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THE SPOILER BUTTON SO HOPE THIS WORKS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure where they got it from, but according to goodreads in their summary of WoW, Dany has conquered Westeros and finds herself needing to ally Lannister & Stark to defeat the Others and keep her throne.

Can you provide a source for that? Is this a fan summary?

ETA: this?

"Continuing the most imaginative and ambitious epic fantasy since The Lord of the Rings, Winter has come at last and no man can say whether it will ever go again. The Wall is broken, the cold dead legions are coming south, and the people of the Seven Kingdoms turn to their queen to protect them.

But Daenerys Targaryen is learning what Robert Baratheon learned before her; that it is one thing to win a throne and quite another to sit on one. Before she can hope to defeat the Others, Dany knows she must unite the broken realm behind her. Wolf and lion must hunt together, maester and greenseer work as one, all the blood feuds must be put aside, the bitter rivals and sworn enemies join hands.

The Winds of Winter tells the story of Dany's fight to save her new-won kingdom, of two desperate journeys beyond the known world in to the very hearts of ice and fire, and of the final climactic battle at Winterfell, with life itself in the balance."

Yes, Im serious. She never did anything in her story that makes her "deserving of death". This is something i would only say to people like Joffrey, Ramsay or Cersei. What did she ever do that makes killing her justifiable?

Well, torture, burning an innocent alive, stealing, and everytime she says blood of the dragon I want her to die right there.

I would personally find it hilarious. The rage that would follow afterward on these forums moreso.

I would prefer if it's the other way round and Dany kils Arya. Then the reaction of the forum would be much more entertaining. The rage would be 10 times stronger.

Think of Dany as Ned Stark 2.0. Ned only really exitsed to set the Stark children on their respective journeys, but over the course of the book we were lead to believe that he was a much bigger player. Similarly Dany only exists to bring the dragons into the story, except that she has been built up over 5 books instead of just 1.

. . . Who says that it was actually herself that Dany saw riding dragons and battling an ice army at the Trident?

Ned had many other purposes beside introducing the Stark children. He also introduced us to Kings Landing and many key characters there. He introduced us to Westeros. And his death was hardly shocking once it became clear the main characters of the book are the children. He was a father figure. Father figure always dies to set the story on. I was shocked how he died but his death was expected.

I never felt I wasted my time reading the Ned chapters because they were never about him. I would certainly think I wasted my time if I read Dany (or Jon) chapters and she died now. Especially after ADWD focused on her so heavily and half the plot centered around her.

Archived