Most complex characters?

Tyrion, hands down.

There's a reason why most threads about him end up with 20 pages and a flaming discussion.

I guess that can be said about Sansa too.

Using this criteria, Dany is the most complex by far, every thread about her or even slightly connected to her reaches 20 pages in about a day or even less. ;)

Most complex POV characters for me are Theon, Jaime & Cat.

Non-POVs: Stannis, Sandor & maybe Jon Connington.

Using this criteria, Dany is the most complex by far, every thread about her or even slightly connected to her reaches 20 pages in about a day or even less. ;)

Heh using that criteria, yes. But to me controversial =/= complex & popular =/= good quality. :)

Most complex--Jaime. His inner turmoil; loss of identity; wanting to be Arthur Dayne, yet feeling like the Smiling Knight; his belief that killing Aerys was the right thing, but feeling guit towards Rhaegar for not protecting Elia and the children; his kindness towards Tyrion growing up; his hanging or beheading the rapists and presented one of their heads to Pia; his oath breaking; his sister love; his treason; his desire for everyone, including his children, to know the truth; his throwing Bran out the window; his gentleness with Tommen; his mentoring of Loras; his killing all Ned's men; his dreams that show his mental conflicts. The list of his complexities is virtually endless.

I see a pattern here.... guys complex.... women simple... hmmmmm

You see the same pattenr with hate threads too....

I do not agree on Tyrion being properly "complex"

I see him as being a simple and linear kind of man if he could have had the possibility. he would have loved a woman and traveled the world, or stuff like that. he has no problme with what and who he is. is his father who has problme with him.

Jaime, on the other hand, is much more complex. the same for Sansa.

They do not really know who they are and what it takes for them to be happy in life. that mekes them properly "complex", IMHO.

Hi. I like you.

Using this criteria, we can say that the holy trinity of hated characters, Dany/Sansa/Catelyn, are the most complex of all. :)

To answer the question, I think most of the POVs are pretty complex characters, with a few exceptions:

Areo "Red Shirt #3" Hotah

Quentyn "The Boy Who Was on Fire" Martell

Victaion "Dump as a Post" Greyjoy

I'd add a number of non-POV characters as well such as Stannis, Sandor, Jorah, and Aemon.

----Virtual cookie for who ever figures out the homage made in memory of LLL. ----

What's complex about Jon Connington or Jon Snow?

Jon Snow is complex because of how he deals with his position in life, his experiences, his conflict between his duties and his desire, I find it all complex.

Jon Conn? His thoughts about Rhaegar are unexpected , his conflict between his duties, etc. just his whole background.

Archived