A Thread for Small Questions

Fragile Bird

In addition to the three things I'm best at left handed, I am also horrific at throwing a ball left handed.

Everything else I'm ambidextrous.

It really is simple effort and practice as far as I can tell.

Where the hell have some of our boarders gone?

For instance... Beniowa. He's probably got his nose buried in a book, though, so that's all right.

Oh, I'm still around. Life got really hectic the last year and a half, but things are finally slowing down.

It's nice to be missed!

Okay, I have a question. Why do golden retrievers need to have their paws held? Not just to shake hands, but to have someone hold it for long periods of time. My dad's dog is an extreme example of this. Hold left paw, hold head, hold paw, switch to right paw, etc etc.

Trisky, golden's are the nicest dogs imaginable. And they're fairly big, so guys aren't embarrassed to be seen walking them. And you can lie on the floor and use them as a pillow. And they like to walk and play games with you, so if you are the outdoors type they're good company. And they are very, very loyal. Almost all dogs will give you unconditional love, but a golden will do that to the nth degree.

Why are there businesses that only take cash beyond a lemonade stand? Whatever the costs are of having the machinery to take cards it cannot be more than the lost business from people who do not carry cash. Can it?

Card readers → paper trail → more difficult to be a rebellious rascal wrt the tax authority.

In addition to the three things I'm best at left handed, I am also horrific at throwing a ball left handed.

Everything else I'm ambidextrous.

It really is simple effort and practice as far as I can tell.

So what are the two other things?

:leaving:

I freaking love beagles from a distance. I think they look cool and seem cool. But I've also heard that they are trouble. Would I be a fool if I got a beagle?*

*I live in a studio apartment right now, so this is not an imminent question.

Beagles are great dawgs. They are generally good natured, healthy, charming, and easy to err..maintain. However, they are given to ear troubles(gotta keep 'em clean), noisy (they love to bark), and not easy to train. Remember Uno the beagle, who won best in show at the Westminster a few years ago? He was IMO something of a lout. A charming lout, but a lout nonetheless.

They are as great up close as they are from a distance. Love is not a word I use loosely, but truth is I love my beagle to an absurd degree. So does my wife and so do my sons. When he was really sick last May (he almost died of a lung and blood infection) all four of my sons came to visit him at the hospital. Now keep in mind they were all wearing jeans and T-shirts featuring various forms of dorkery, they all have long hair, and the three oldest have facial hair. If a stranger were looking into the dog kennel he would think that some prog metal version of the Hansens was doing some public relations visit the sick puppies gig, gathered around some old sick beagle, trying not to cry, and not being very successful at it.

Take it back, Greg. You take that back now. Your puppy is NOT stupid. He's just psyching you out so you think he is. :(

He is however, in the spirit of radical honesty, really stupid. I love, love, love my very stupid beag.

Golden retrievers are the best dogs on the planet. No offense to Greg's beagle, but FB forgot to mention golden retrievers are also really, really smart. I would, however, say the size is as much a negative as a positive. They need a large yard to run around in and are just too much to have indoors once they're fully grown.

Am I the only boarder who sees Gillio's posts and immediately think niamh's back?

Somewhat related... whatever happened to Lady Blackfish? Baitac's Lucy avatar reminded me of her the other day.

Am I the only boarder who sees Gillio's posts and immediately think niamh's back?

Somewhat related... whatever happened to Lady Blackfish? Baitac's Lucy avatar reminded me of her the other day.

Oh, now I feel all self-conscious.

Is this reminding a good thing, or not?

Oh, now I feel all self-conscious.

Is this reminding a good thing, or not?

Nothing to be worried about. They were both good posters, but the reminding is not related to post content so much as avatar selection.

Niamh usually had red-head avatars, I think Jessica Rabbit specifically and I remember Lady Blackfish as having one of Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown.

I thought perhaps it was carefree and happy, but carrying a coconut.

Nah, the swallow's actually pretty moody, and it's had a rough couple of days. However, it is not, in fact, carrying a coconut.

Archived