Dominic West Passes on Game of Thrones Role

Westeros

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

;___;

That would have been so awesome. I love McNulty and this would been amazing.

*fingers crossed for Viggo Mortensen as Mance* Incredibly unlikely, but a man can dream can't he?

A man can dream, indeed, I'm still praying for Purefoy.

Didn't they already say it wouldn't be him? Would be perfect though.

Did they? No. Fuck. My top three actors for Mance were him, Purefoy and West.

EDIT: I checked it, and it seems they only said he wasn't playing Mance a few months back in respond to a few rumours.

hm, after season 5 of the wire, i assumed he was really into fantasy.

but i don't know if mance is a role that needs an impressive actor. its not that big of a role.

Why?

Just want to say:

Viggo Mortensen would be the worst casting choice of the show !

He is nothing like Mance.

Viggo is an amazing actor, for sure, and maybe one hell of a man, but he's too charismatic, too gorgeous (not a woman, but I can understand why he makes their hearts beat faster), and most of all, it would be Aragorn all over again... people wouldnt see Mance but Aragorn, imo...

I am definitly in favor of an unknown name for Mance !

Or give us Thorvaldsson !

Just want to say:

Viggo Mortensen would be the worst casting choice of the show !

He is nothing like Mance.

Viggo is an amazing actor, for sure, and maybe one hell of a man, but he's too charismatic, too gorgeous (not a woman, but I can understand why he makes their hearts beat faster), and most of all, it would be Aragorn all over again... people wouldnt see Mance but Aragorn, imo...

I am definitly in favor of an unknown name for Mance !

Or give us Thorvaldsson !

I don't see Viggo playing Mance, but to say it would be a bad choice is stretching things a bit. "He's nothing like Mance." Um, he's an actor - a very skilled actor. I'd imagine he would be capable of pulling the role off. It's really not a requirement for the character to not be charasmatic or handsome, so I'm just confused here... "...Aragorn all over again..." also isn't saying much. Was Sean Bean 'Boromir all over again', or was he simply Ned Stark?

Ned was a fan favourite, too. And they obviously want an expensive actor for Mance, so I wonder whether they would be planning to keep him alive for the next years to come. Besides Dominic West didn't mention being asked for a whole lot of seasons, and if they planned to keep Mance in the story, he would be talking years, not just six months.

And considering ADWD, there is always the possibility GRRM told them not to bother including him beyond the Battle at the Wall. He could just die in battle, or Jon does kill him in the series, because he doesn't have any major importance later on. This would probably mean Ramsey's letter is true. :bawl:

But I hope you are right.

Ned dies in the books though. His death serves the purpose of moving the story forward, so he had to die in the show as well. Mance on the other hand still serves a purpose after they reach the Wall.

Just because he didn't mention multiple seasons doesn't mean his character is being killed off. He mentioned the 6 mos. in Iceland. But once they reach the Wall, it's filmed elsewhere. (Ireland?)

Finally, I doubt Dominic West qualifies as an 'expensive' actor. Maybe a little more pricey than some others, but not so much that they'd break the bank. Most actors would take a role like that at a major discount.

There is the 6 months thing again, I wonder if he only talked to his agent , who got mixed up?

Me thinks that like season 2 much of North of the Wall will be done in NI, like Craster's.

So one would think Mance's camp would be shot in NI.

I think they spend only about a month or so in Iceland... unless they have scouted locations that are more forested for use as Mance's camp and surroundings, I don't know but I think there are such places in Iceland.

By season 4 one might suspect they need not use Iceland as a location any more.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

;___;

That would have been so awesome. I love McNulty and this would been amazing.

*fingers crossed for Viggo Mortensen as Mance* Incredibly unlikely, but a man can dream can't he?

I would have jizzed my pants. Still, I think if he were to be in the show, he would best be "Griff."

He's a big name, but not really an A-lister. According to wikipedia, in the last few year's he's gone back into theatre. This means that he doesn't care much about money (e.g: wanting an insane salary from HBO), and more just about doing roles that interest him.

Fingers crossed for him to play Griff, but that's still a few years away.

Do you honestly think they will kill of Mance after one season, eventhough he still lives in the books? He has a major role to play, and he could become one the fans favourite characters. No way they're going to kill him early, it wouldn't make sense.

Signed,

Rhakaro,

Irri,

Jhiqi,

Marillion The Bard (tongue-ectomy),

That guy who now heads a Khalasaar who got killed in Season 1 by Khal Drogo,

The show is different, I can see them killing off Mance this season or early next season . . . budget and keeping the story streamlined and keeping us "bookies" guessing.

Archived