What is your favorite scene from the show so far?

Mark Antony

Am I the only one who found this pretty bad?

I liked the contrast with Tyrion's 'let's go kill them' line. Both of them are good leaders but at the same time not 100% confident. Tyrion has never been in this kind of position before so he needs to prove himself. Stannis is used to command, but he's not good at inspiring people. He could never give a rousing speech like Tyrion or Theon at Winterfell did. All Stannis is able to muster is, "come with me and take this city" ... very bland yet very 'Stannis.'

Theon executing Ser Rodrik.. gut-wrenching and heart-breaking. The entire opening was a masterpiece but the look on his face after he did it was haunting.. "Gods help you Theon Greyjoy, now you are truly lost." And now he can never go back. The writers added some great dialogue, I have to give them that.

Theon executing Ser Rodrik.. gut-wrenching and heart-breaking.

You would have really thought it would be so dispassionate, given the other executions we've all ready seen on screen. This was the real moment for me that showed that Alfie Allen can act his face off when given the position, as even with the brutality there's such a range of subtlety to it that transcends the meaning of the action at hand.

Aside from Blackwater's end fighting (pure cinema, right there), I think I have to go with Maester Luwin's death. It is literally the only time in the show where I felt really strongly about the situation at hand. Not saying that they haven't been dealing with heavy emotions before, but that damned scene actually made me well up a bit. It's just the fact that you see completely confused Rickon juxtaposed with the growing Bran, having to face this... And then him saying "I'll be right here"... ARGH! MUST FIGHT BACK THE TEARS!

You would have really thought it would be so dispassionate, given the other executions we've all ready seen on screen. This was the real moment for me that showed that Alfie Allen can act his face off when given the position, as even with the brutality there's such a range of subtlety to it that transcends the meaning of the action at hand.

I wonder if Madden can handle his execution. It's a different moment with a different feel, but it's a very strong moment for Robb.

I wonder if Madden can handle his execution. It's a different moment with a different feel, but it's a very strong moment for Robb.

I wonder that too. We haven't really seen that much of Madden's acting chops in full play, but that's not to say he couldn't pull it off. I think the success of the RW more depends on Catelyn's performance than Robb's though, and judging from what we've seen so far, there is no doubt in my mind that Fairley will do a wonderful job.

I wonder that too. We haven't really seen that much of Madden's acting chops in full play, but that's not to say he couldn't pull it off. I think the success of the RW more depends on Catelyn's performance than Robb's though, and judging from what we've seen so far, there is no doubt in my mind that Fairley will do a wonderful job.

I was actually talking about Robb's execution of Karstark.

It seems each one of the three young men of Winterfell had had their pivotal moment, the moment when they know they can't come back, in executing a person. For Robb and Jon, it was a moment where they killed the boys and let the men be born. For Theon, it was something else.

I was actually talking about Robb's execution of Karstark.

It seems each one of the three young men of Winterfell had had their pivotal moment, the moment when they know they can't come back, in executing a person. For Robb and Jon, it was a moment where they killed the boys and let the men be born. For Theon, it was something else.

I wouldn't say that was the case for Robb's execution. Jon's is clearly a "good" moment, where you're supposed to go "Fuck yeah! Jon rocks!", but that isn't really the case with Robb, the execution isn't really a fantastical moment for him.

I wouldn't say that was the case for Robb's execution. Jon's is clearly a "good" moment, where you're supposed to go "Fuck yeah! Jon rocks!", but that isn't really the case with Robb, the execution isn't really a fantastical moment for him.

they're both moments of loss of innocence and "letting the man be born". It was more of that for Robb than for Jon, since he didn't really hate Karstark. I didn't say it was fantastical. They're all extremely strong moments.

• 1 month later...

There are so many good ones, but I think my favorite is the part where Arya gets caught by Ser Armory and she asks Jaaqen to kill him. When Armory walks into the room to tell Tywin and then falls over dead. I laugh every single time, no matter how many times I've seen it. lol.

Season 1 random

Introduction of Tywin. One of the best character introductions i have ever seen.

Ned VS Jaime outside the brothel. Great swordfight best in the series so far.

Robert paying his respects to Lyanna's grave. "In my dreams i kill him every night."

Ned and Jon saying goodbye. Sean Bean's acting in that scene was amazing.

Syrio and Arya meet. Ned standing in the door and watching. Nuff Said.

Season 2

Dragonstone episode 1. Great character introductions there.

Tyrion and Janos Slynt. A very rewarding scene.

Tyrion and Bronn every scene. "No cure for being a cunt". Preparing the battle etc. Laughed my ass of.

Stannis in Blackwater. First one in, last one out. :bowdown:

Archived