Dany being set up to be the main villain of the story?

houseHB

Some did attempt to, but didn't he catapult them out? Or lock them up? Or eat them if Davos hadn't come?

Ser Gawen Wylde and three others tried to sneak out, but he was caught and imprisoned, the others were catapulted out. Maester Cressen wanted to eat them though. The gross old man.

Ser Gawen Wylde and three others tried to sneak out, but he was caught and imprisoned, the others were catapulted out. Maester Cressen wanted to eat them though. The gross old man.

I thought Stannis did save the bodies in case they needed to eat them, rendering his later actions of burning men alive for cannibalism rather ironic?

Yes, that was it.

This being Stannis, would he have executed Cressen for cannibalism?

I thought Stannis did save the bodies in case they needed to eat them, rendering his later actions of burning men alive for cannibalism rather ironic?

Actually, I think you're right, they saved them in case. Creepy.

this has always creeped me out some. did they prepare a human for storage like a ham???

I've had this theory that Euron and Dany would team up. Seeing as how he's supposed to be handsome and charismatic and Dany's interest in guys tends to be interesting and he would push that Targaryen madness too far. :dunno:

It's only a theory.

He is a Highborn Lord an old house a suitable match for a queen.

I dont think he plays well with others.but If she wants a voodoo pirate husband she wont find a better one.

YES! I always got a upset at Stannis ' hypcrase here. But I get the impretion that it is because he needs to apeal to Southern lords, and to the South they hear the Northmen are all cannables so to show to the "godless" Northerners that that sort of behavour is not eceptable. Also I like the idea that Dany coming to Westerso being seen as bad in the eyes of most people.

[mod] Re the Massey / sellswords discussion:

This is a spoiler, people. Anything from any chapter in TWOW is a spoiler and must be hidden under spoiler text unless it is in this forum (TWOW). It doesn't matter if the chapter is on GRRM's website or in a paperback release or anything else.

Rather than mutilate the thread by hiding a whole seriees of posts in spoiler text - which I don't have time for anyway - I've moved it to the TWOW forum. However, it would be a good idea for anyone guilty of failing to hide the spoiler material in this thread (Third World King in particular, but also anyone who responded by discussing Stannis' instructions to Massey) to be careful about spoilers in future. [/mod]

Well the storage thing is BEFORE he converted to R'hllor. And we know Stannis rebuffed his diehard followers during the snowstorm in the wolfwoods. So, the cannibals just came in handy. So the Giantslayer could burn up some people, and shut his mouth.

It's derailing the thread anyway.

It's derailing the thread anyway.

The thread was derailed long ago when someone, I think it was Third World King, said that Stannis was the villain not Dany. But from what I see of most Dany threads, that's pretty typical.

Also @mormont, I apologise, when I was writing about it I'd forotton it was in TWOW and simply replied to TWK.

Jon didn't dream about fighting people armored all in ice. Jon dreamed about being armored all in ice. If Dany's dream is at all accurate, then she's probably going to be fighting Jon, not the Others.

No, he dreamt of being armored in black ice, which appears to resemble obsidian. And, as you know, obsidian is referred to as dragonglass or frozen fire. If Jon is armored in obsidian in his dream, one can take this to mean it symbolises his use of a dragon, which would suggest an alliance with Queen Daenerys.

I've lost a lot of respect for Barristan for not teaching Dany a history lesson of the events leading up to her birth. I can understand Jorah not saying anything since he was always infatuated with Dany and was using her to get back at the Starks and pardoned but Barristan was always built up to be an honorable knight. She'll continue to become more of an unlikeable character until she learns that her father was an insane murderer and her brother rode off with another man's betrothed. She has to hear that things aren't so black and white.

He is a Highborn Lord an old house a suitable match for a queen.

I dont think he plays well with others.but If she wants a voodoo pirate husband she wont find a better one.

I think so too, but he's very good at manipulation and if he can have a queen fall in love with him to do his bidding and twist her thoughts around it would seem like a lot of fun for him. I think it would be a twist to see the two of them messing things up for everyone and somehow Dany gets betrayed AGAIN. I don't know. It seems possible.

Archived