LoneStarCon 2013

Rivercenter hotel booked and flights booked - arriving Tuesday 8/27 around 1pm and departing Tuesday 9/3 at 7pm. Looking forward to seeing everyone! Bringing some hugs and stuff.

Great news! I was waffling over whether or not to pack a spare liver this year, but question answered.

So exciting to see more names added to the list, especially people I haven't seen in years! *waves at LP and Mich*

Hope this helps and see ya in a couple of months!

Good points! I really like the idea of making reservations in advance as much as possible, especially for the traditional "last supper" when we try to get all the remaining Bros together. In Chicago we lucked out (It was epic when Ser Scott convinced a restaurant to make room for 30 geeks on almost no notice) but we can't count on that working all the time.

Bringing some hugs and stuff.

Everyone please take note, THIS is the way to pack. I want to put my claim in now for a couple of those hugs! While I'm at it, may as well put in a request for the "Lodey and Lord Dracarys Group Hug" which I honestly think should be trademarked or something. :grouphug:

Great news! I was waffling over whether or not to pack a spare liver this year, but question answered.

Lodey makes all packing questions easy to answer. Hugs and a spare liver, what more do we need?! :grouphug: :cheers: :grouphug: :cheers: :grouphug: :cheers:

Oops, there is one item I forgot to add to the packing lists: swimsuit. A bunch of us already have plans to beat the Texas heat by spending a fair amount of this con in the hotel pool (which is reported to be fantastic). If you're shy, no pressure, but please remember you will be with friends and we just want everyone to be comfortable and have fun. I'll stop there before this post basically becomes a PSA from the body image thread, lol.

So, pack: swimsuits, hugs, spare livers. ;-)

Lodey makes all packing questions easy to answer. Hugs and a spare liver, what more do we need?! :grouphug: :cheers: :grouphug: :cheers: :grouphug: :cheers:

On a T - shirt. I_can't_wait. And Mandy, Mandy, Mandylicious.

So I know where to find youse, when I'm let off the leash then ? Pool. I like it.

Too bad I don't live in San Antonio anymore. I'd gladly make the 6 hour commute to San Antonio but the membership is prohibitively expensive. :(

There's often people who have bought memberships when they were cheaper than the at-the-door prices, who, for one reason or several, find they can't attend and want to sell their memberships. Memberships are transferable. No charge for the transfer either. Check out the LoneStarCon website, the twitter feeds, FB if you do that sort of thing; you're likely to find a membership you can afford within a week or two. You should save enough for a jar of peanut butter and a couple of beers in the hotel bar.

As an update, I booked the Riverwalk. Stayed there three times in 2007 - 8 on business trips and it was nice to walk out onto the Riverwalk in the evenings. For the head count, it's me plus 1. The Amtrak rail passenger station is about a 10 minute walk away, as is the Alamo as I recall.

I saw Stego posted in the t-shirt thread. I guess it would be too much to hope that means he and Ms. Stego are possibly coming huh?

I saw that, too. I hope it means they can make it. If he is toying with our emotions, he will have to answer to me!

Yeah, he's a Marine and does Cross fit roughly 20 hours a day, but he shouldn't underestimate me. I am small but feisty!

:-P

I'm roughly 90% body fat, but I will CUDDLE HIM TO DEATH! :P

You are extremely cuddly, but for the record no where near that level of body fat. I will give you my most stern Den Mother stare if you talk about yourself that way.

Last time I asked Stego, he said he couldn't make it. He mentioned something about being in the same state as Dingo was not something he was willing to deal with.

That's it then, he needs to be prepared for Mandy and myself. We have no choice but to cuddle him to death for getting our hopes up like that.

Not that I wanted to see him. I just want to hang with the gorgeous Lady Stego. ;-)

LESS THAN 60 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!

*runs around in circles*

I apologize in advance for my obnoxious level of enthusiasm, and warn you all it's only going to get worse as the con approaches. :-P

LESS THAN 60 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!

*runs around in circles*

I apologize in advance for my obnoxious level of enthusiasm, and warn you all it's only going to get worse as the con approaches. :-P

What Reg said.

Also

We need 5 or 6 people to step forward and help the logistics department ride the scooters to the con from a nearby location ( my impression is like, a 5 min ride ). I think we should do it with jousters on the back and pennants flying, but that's just me. I will be at it as long as the Lord and Master has no other need for me at that point. This will happen on wednesday 28th - I believe. If anyone can help just shout and we will have a roll call here.

Thanks

I almost said we wouldn't need it, but then I remembered I used some weelend before last when we were grilling by the pool and it started getting dark. Probably won't need it while we're out by the pool and the sun is out, but if you're going to go walking through the woods at night, or swim or hang out around the pool in the evening, I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea.

If by "hang out" you mean "passed out" by the pool in the evening, then probably...

What time's the scooter run? If it's late afternoon, I'll volunteer. I land at 1 PM though, so won't be available until 2:30 PM.

I'm pretty psyched! I even had a dream about the con last night.

(this probably belongs in general). My dream was pretty geeky, I got to the hotel and went straight to the party hall at the hotel. It was a kick ass room with these massive dragon statues out front and George was sitting on a throne at the front of the hall at the party (it was like Eric Northman's throne at Fangtasia). I walked in, glanced around, then remembered I forgot to check into the hotel, so left the room for the reception desk across the hall. When I finished checking in, some parade was going through the hall, and I couldn't get back to the party room. Jaime Lannister saw me and helped me go through some side door to try and go through service corridors to the party...

What Reg said.

Also

We need 5 or 6 people to step forward and help the logistics department ride the scooters to the con from a nearby location ( my impression is like, a 5 min ride ). I think we should do it with jousters on the back and pennants flying, but that's just me. I will be at it as long as the Lord and Master has no other need for me at that point. This will happen on wednesday 28th - I believe. If anyone can help just shout and we will have a roll call here.

Thanks

Happy to help - I will be in on Tuesday and will be ready to kill stuff filthy.

Archived