LoneStarCon 2013

Currently looking at the logistics of attending. Due to many circumstances, we had to cancel our Vegas plans so now we have an open weekend. Not sure if it would be a full attending membership or just for one day. As for lodging, my wife parents live in San Antonio, so we'd be staying there.

Hey Bros, can you pass this info on to friends and groups you know?

The Con or Bust organization was given a full attending membership for LoneStarCon3 for a PoC fan. No strings, no obligations, just ask the CoB folks if you can have the membership.

http://con-or-bust.org/2013/06/free-membership-to-worldcon-lonestarcon-3-through-710/

It's not a full boat ride; rooms, food, transport still have to be paid for, but a free membership should, at least, help cut down the costs.

Here's hoping ya'll can help someone get to WorldCon using the donated membership, maybe offer to take them out for lunch, or offer them crash space in your room if needed.

Thanks!

Thanks Parris-I've passed the word to friends local to the con-so that it might get used by someone without the need for travel and hotel expenses. )

thanks LP! It would be a sad if this membership didn't get used by someone.

I'd appreciate it if people who use various social media that I don't - FB and Twitter are just two I don't participate in - would spread the word so that the offer gets out to the larger fannish communities.

Looking for a quad roomshare in or around the con hotel area, if somebody is interested in saving some cash. I'll be at the con from Wednesday August 28th until Monday Sep. 2nd. Haven't booked a room, am hoping to join a group already established.

Am quiet, considerate, and won't be a bother. As most people going I will likely be in the room rarely and that to lapse into a coma between bouts of joyous sleep deprivation.

• 2 weeks later...

haha I love you Regina :)

:grouphug: Awww, love you too, hon! And where else could I have found people who understand and tolerate my dorky level of enthusiasm?!

i wish i was 42. sigh that was so long ago. I guess I'll go to the bar.... like always :)

Please, you are but a youth. Don't make me give you the full Den Mother pep talk, young man! *adjusts glasses and gives stern look*

BL,

You're older than me? I would never have guessed that.

Exactly!

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive the double post--bumping this to remind everyone we're down to only one month left!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hurrah!! Zombies! Spiders! Coffee!!! :D

Hurrah!! Zombies! Spiders! Coffee!!! :D

Fixed that for you, E S!

To be fair, we might all feel like zombies by the end of the con, but I am firmly against anyone actually becoming undead.

Archived