LoneStarCon 2013

Unless, of course, that was the Khal Rhaggat from 6 months from now after time machines were invented coming back and messing with us.

Oh hell... I can worry about worrying about something in six months but by then I'll be worrying about something else and then I'll wonder why I worried at all.

Guys-The Hugo Nominations are in!

Did you catch this?

And the nominees for the 2013 Hugo for Best Dramatic Presentation (Short Form) are:

• Doctor Who: “The Angels Take Manhattan” Written by Steven Moffat, Directed by Nick Hurran (BBC Wales)

• Doctor Who: “Asylum of the Daleks” Written by Steven Moffat; Directed by Nick Hurran (BBC Wales)

• Doctor Who: “The Snowmen” Written by Steven Moffat, Directed by Saul Metzstein (BBC Wales)

• Fringe: “Letters of Transit” Written by J.J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Akiva Goldsman, J.H.Wyman, Jeff Pinkner.

Directed by Joe Chappelle (Fox)

• Game of Thrones: “Blackwater” Written by George R.R. Martin, Directed by Neil Marshall. Created by David Benioff and D.B.

Weiss (HBO)

• 2 weeks later...

So today I think I recruited my Nephew to join us. By just mentioning it. 'Uncle-why don't you invite me this Geeky stuff? I mean I went to MegaCon! I can handle a WorldCon. Right??? I'm on page 56 of Storm of Swords!!!'

:D

Hi! I was lurking around here before Chicon (and believe I met a few of you there) and now I'm lurking again but this time with a grand purpose! I'm finally posting to represent LoneStarCon 3 and convey how excited and happy we are to hear so many of you are attending this year's Worldcon!! As the new head of promotions and marketing, I would love it if someone could get in touch with me about some ideas we've had to attract large groups to throw parties and help us create an exciting and thrilling atmosphere for our Worldcon. I do understand that your party is private (usually correct?) but perhaps there are other things we could do together or brainstorm about? We just had our all staff meeting in San Antonio last weekend, so we can answer a lot of questions about the geography, restaurants, hotels, etc.

Looking forward to speaking with you!

Elizabeth McCarty

Division Head Promotions

LoneStarCon 3

[email protected]

Hi! I was lurking around here before Chicon (and believe I met a few of you there) and now I'm lurking again but this time with a grand purpose! I'm finally posting to represent LoneStarCon 3 and convey how excited and happy we are to hear so many of you are attending this year's Worldcon!! As the new head of promotions and marketing, I would love it if someone could get in touch with me about some ideas we've had to attract large groups to throw parties and help us create an exciting and thrilling atmosphere for our Worldcon. I do understand that your party is private (usually correct?) but perhaps there are other things we could do together or brainstorm about? We just had our all staff meeting in San Antonio last weekend, so we can answer a lot of questions about the geography, restaurants, hotels, etc.

Elizabeth McCarty

Division Head Promotions

LoneStarCon 3

[email protected]

Awesome! Xray the Enforcer is who you should contact here! :)

Elizabeth McCarty

Division Head Promotions

LoneStarCon 3

[email protected]

Just saw this. Will drop you a note in the next day or so!

If I can help it, I am IN THE WATER, drinking water and alcohol in the summer. And nights are for naked swimming. But probably not on the Riverwalk - I'm thinking there will be too many people for that :P

makes me think we should have WorldCon (2) around my pool.

Flights are booked. Membership has already been purchased. All set to go.

So excited! :grouphug:

Awesome!!! It's going to be time to sweat it out in Texas before we know it!!!

It's getting close now! Just over four months doesn't sound too long... :cheers:

You guys may not know this, but it gets really F-ing HOT here, and it STAYS THAT WAY all night long. If I can help it, I am IN THE WATER, drinking water and alcohol in the summer. And nights are for naked swimming. But probably not on the Riverwalk - I'm thinking there will be too many people for that :P

I am seriously afraid of how hot Texas in August will be. I am from the frozen northern wastes, and not used to the heat, lol. So, I am going to be right there with you, living in the pool. But NOT naked, lol. I LOVE you guys, but haven't worked up to the "comfortable with public nudity" phase yet. :leer:

makes me think we should have WorldCon (2) around my pool.

Best idea ever, or the best idea EVER?! :kiss:

And, to the folks I don't know yet, looking forward to meeting you all!

And the alcohol will help you with the nudity hahahaha

Hon, I plan on letting my hair down more this con, but within these limits: nothing that lands me in jail or divorce court! ;)

But you'll be happy to know I've already made various con promises, including wearing a corset at least one night. And a promise to do a tequila shot or two. And another promise to try *eeeek* ghost chili laced tequila...

I need to stop making these promises soon if I want to actually survive this con! :P

Archived