your ideal a song of ice and fire ending (merged threads)

Sothoryosdragon

Cersei not having to watch her children die.

Sansa,Ary,Rickon and Jon getting back together at some point.

Jaime being able to wield a sword properly again.

Dany has a actual Kid(Not her Dragons) but she doesn't get the IT.

Shireen coming out of the dark corners of Dragonstone and Castle Black and being able to enjoy life like a normal kid of 9.

I've got this feeling that Sansa is going to be the tragic character in the book and Bran is now on a path from which he will never turn back. It would be great to see a reconciliation between Sansa and Arya and Jon as there was a bit of a frosty relationship between Jon / Arya and the little girl the Sansa was in GoT, but I won't set my sights that high and I just hope that Jon and Arya get to see each other again before their inevitable gruesome ends.

A Stark reunion at some point and WF being rebuilt. At least a few of them to live at the end of the book. Jon and Arya to at least hug each other one more time.

I also would like all the small people whom we care about Pod, Davos, Hot Pie, Pia, to be able to live peacefully in some castle or inn or holdfast. The orphans at the inn to be taken care of during peace time.

Brienne perhaps with Pod to go home to her island. Jaimie to die with respect. Tyrion to get his Casterly Rock and perhaps take care of Tommon and Mycella.

Catelyn to realize who Jon actually is and to see at least one of her children so she can die peacefully.

The Wildlings to rebuild the Gift area and restore it to what it once was long ago without fear of the Others hanging over them.

GRRM did say a bittersweet ending, but he is also a romantic at heart. He knows how to tell a great story. I don't think this means that everyone has a terrible ending but that there will be reasons to smile and reasons to cry at the end of the story.

This type of post is posted often and I reply often. The North and the former North of the Wall united as a "super kingdom" with rights for its people and of the Old Gods with tolerance for the New. Starks rule here with accomodations for the Freepeople (formerly known as wildlings). The Irorn Throne destroyed/pulled apart. All of the Targaryens dead (except Jon). The Dragons dead and Bran being able to walk again and seated as the King in the North. Meera as his Queen and yes, the Others destroyed for ever.

The Lannisters exterminated. Even the ones in Lannisport. - Reynes of Castamere - what goes around, comes around.

The Boltons exterminated. Flayed first

The Tyrells removed and House Florent given their greater claim - the Reach

All of the Iron Islands sink into the Jade sea, exterminating all of them.

The Frey family exterminated -including Rosalyn and that "red baby" she supposedly carries.

Littlefinger mutilated and tortured to death. - Give him a "Edward II" - ( a funnel, grease and a red hot poker, the rest you can figure out)

I like Varys, make him hand of the King in the North etc..

The Vale get off its ass and fight for the Starks - kin to some in the "Vale"

To see the Dornish stop talking about War and do something about it- fight

Most everyone belonging to the Frey or Bolton houses are killed and the rest have their titles and lands stripped away. Stannis becomes a northman. Daenerys dies while saving Westeros. Jon Targaryen is offered the throne but turns it down. He goes back to Winterfell and helps raise Robb's newborn son. Sansa and Arya hug it out. Tyrion finds out where whores go.

I have no idea who I'd like on the throne.

This type of post is posted often and I reply often. The North and the former North of the Wall united as a "super kingdom" with rights for its people and of the Old Gods with tolerance for the New. Starks rule here with accomodations for the Freepeople (formerly known as wildlings). The Irorn Throne destroyed/pulled apart. All of the Targaryens dead (except Jon). The Dragons dead and Bran being able to walk again and seated as the King in the North. Meera as his Queen and yes, the Others destroyed for ever.

The Lannisters exterminated. Even the ones in Lannisport. - Reynes of Castamere - what goes around, comes around.

The Frey family exterminated -including Rosalyn and that "red baby" she supposedly carries.

Littlefinger mutilated and tortured to death. - Give him a "Edward II" - ( a funnel, grease and a red hot poker, the rest you can figure out)

Bloody, and I almost bloody agree to all, up to the point of the red baby's death. but why not?

I'm not so sure Littlefinger deserves that punishment.

Will Vale be part of the Northern Kingdom?

And who will sit the IT? or better, what will happen to it?

That is one murderous happy ending! Does killing scores of people because they are political aligned to a certain family count as genocide?

That is one murderous happy ending! Does killing scores of people because they are political aligned to a certain family count as genocide?

Better take them out now than to have them come back in the middle of the night and slit your throat some point down the road.

Archived